View Poll Results: What Mode Of Transportation Would You Like To See Connect Disneyland and DCA?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Monorail

11 35.48%
  • PeopleMover type of transport system

7 22.58%
  • Moving walkway

4 12.90%
  • Skyway type of transport system

3 9.68%
  • Bridge over esplanade for rented Segways and other scooters

0 0%
  • Rocket Rods type of transport system

0 0%
  • Tethered balloon transport system

0 0%
  • Ski lift type of transport system

1 3.23%
  • Place Maliboomer on side and use as a walkway bridge between parks

3 9.68%
  • Other

2 6.45%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Johnny and Me!

Re: What Mode Of Transportation Would You Like To See Connect Disneyland and DCA?

I wouldn't mind seeing a super-long Speedramp connecting the 2nd story of Starcade with Sound Stage 17. The two appear to be in line with each other.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: What Mode Of Transportation Would You Like To See Connect Disneyland and DCA?

Quote Originally Posted by woodwanderer View Post
    Cohesively speaking the monorail would be best as that is all ready supposed to be a sort of transportation method.

However, I do like envisioning something like the skyway buckets floating across the sky....
    If a transport system between the two parks becomes a reality, I would think that the monorail wouldbe the method that carries the most people. On the other hand, a skyway would be lots of fun!

Quote Originally Posted by MonteJ View Post
    I think it would be fabulous to have the People Mover track extended and make a loop through DCA as well as Disneyland. Thematically, it fits in more with Tomorrowland - but I ouldn't mind at all if with crossed the esplanade and made a loop around DCA - Hollywood, Carsland, even Paradise Pier. That would be glorious overwhen of the entire resort and I would LOVE IT!
    Exceptional idea, MonteJ! A PeopleMover with a loading/unloading loop in each park would be one very cool option.

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    Disney needs to start having DCA create it's own identity. The park needs to start holding its own, making people want to go to that park. Connecting the two would not help that at all.

TDS, the best second gate in the entire world (sorry outdated, attractionless Epcot), holds its own. The OLC markets TDS as "Tokyo DisneySea" not "Tokyo Disney Resort" They don't even allow you to park hop so that you spend a full day at each park before parkhopping on your 3rd or 4th day. The WDC was like "ehh its just an extension of Disneyland." It is NOT. It's a new park, that needs its own identity.

We do not need to connect the two parks, no thanks.
    Thoughts that are very worthy of consideration, ICe101. I'm not considering a transport between parks an attempt to incease attendance. Rather, I see it as a fun and convenient option for crossing parks. Walking across the esplanade is fun, too.

Quote Originally Posted by CMHusband View Post
    Monorail would make the most sense since it already goes through both parks. Why not just make a station in DCA? Maybe its the fact that you have to have a different ticket for each park that is causing this to be an issue.
    Currently, one can board the monorail at it's Downtown Disney location (beside Rainforest Cafe) and travel into Disneyland (departing at the tomorrowland station) completely skipping the park entry gates... provided that you have a DL pass or proof of single day admission to get in. If an added station were place inside DCA, one would require admitance proof, same as Disneyland.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    Walking... so I guess more open gates.
    Walking is certainly beneficial in terms of healthy exercise. Disneyland could certainly use more gates. Poor DCA... it would be a dream for it to become so popular that additional gates would be needed.

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones View Post
    Skyway across the esplanade!
    Absolutely, merlinjones. Skyway would be a blast for families and individuals alike.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 01-30-2010 at 02:02 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Banned User

Why can't we just walk across the esplanade?

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by dfan07 View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing a super-long Speedramp connecting the 2nd story of Starcade with Sound Stage 17. The two appear to be in line with each other.
    The Starcade and Sound Stage 17 would be excellent places to load and unload at the two parks. In terms of transport mode between the two, I'm thinking either a moving walkway (such as that at Universal Hollywood)or else an electric railway ((like DisneySea).

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by stevo505 View Post
    Why can't we just walk across the esplanade?
    Because you would reduce the risk of somebody stepping on your feet.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Thoughts that are very worthy of consideration, ICe101. I'm not considering a transport between parks an attempt to incease attendance. Rather, I see it as a fun and convenient option for crossing parks. Walking across the esplanade is fun, too.
    As if walking the entire 100 or so feet between the parks is not convient enough....

we need the walking.. the whole park is sitting down and being transported through rides..

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    As if walking the entire 100 or so feet between the parks is not convient enough....
    I'm a spoiled brat. While crossing the esplanade once, I came within inches of almost having my toes ran over by a renegade parent pushing a stoller.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by hurricanecolby ! View Post
    we need the walking.. the whole park is sitting down and being transported through rides..
    All that sitting gives one a sore tushy. Need to cut back on "Sore-in' " Over California!
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 01-30-2010 at 04:42 PM.

• Artistic integrity

unlike WDW where each park is separated by miles ..... it seems silly to have something connect DL to DCA when the distance to each park is a 60 second walk.

I'm actually rather partial to the current mode; walking.
    Permanecer sentado por favor...

• Bring back the Keelboats!

I wouldn't mind the Monorail stopping inside DCA before heading to Downtown Disney. Of course, they would have to make it the same admission as for Disneyland....which I wouldn't mind either!

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

I chose PeopleMover.

• A Malice in Wonderland...

A Mary Poppins umbrella inspired version of the skyway.

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Quote Originally Posted by startours1 View Post
    the peoplemover goes slow and it would take forever to do the whole resort
    Monorail can go pretty slow at times, too. Just the loading and waiting alone can take up to 15-20 minutes. With a PeopleMover you'd constantly be moving. So, unless the attraction breaks down it would be faster.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast