• Not a Minion

Disneyland, back to its usual theme

So after so many months of Disneyland being dressed up for the different seasons (Halloween and Christmas), I got to once again see Disneyland back in it's typical classic look. I will admit, though Christmas and Halloween were fun, getting to see main street in the usual (well not really since tacky decor is still there) was a nice sight..

Pictures and full story here:
    Ryan-Philipp Valle : Blog Trip Report: Disneyland Resort

I'd post directly here, but just find it easier since I have software that makes inputting pictures as a drag and drop interface. Anyways, I hope you enjoy!

• 60 Dazzling Years!

Re: Disneyland, back to its usual theme

Nice trip report and photos.

Very nice report. I loved the pictures. I too am very excited to go back and see Disneyland "back to normal." The last 3 times I've been HM has been decorated so I kinda miss the original.

• Not a Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MidwayManiac View Post
    Very nice report. I loved the pictures. I too am very excited to go back and see Disneyland "back to normal." The last 3 times I've been HM has been decorated so I kinda miss the original.
    Yeah. The nightmare overlay always makes me forget how scary haunted mansion can be. Each year when I revisit it after the holidays, it always seems to get darker and spookier than I remember.

Great pictures! What kind of camera do you use?

• Not a Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JediPrincess View Post
    Great pictures! What kind of camera do you use?
    Thanks!

I use a picture camera

Just kidding. It's a canon 40D. I used two different lenses for those sets of pictures:
    1. a 50mm f/1.8
    2. a 28-105mm f/ 3.5-4.5

Most of it were color corrected on the computer to give it a richer look than what the camera would typically receive with no tweaks.

Nice trip report i sincerely appreciate it OMG Heimlich is so funny... I've Never seen that giant cupcake, has it always been there? cus I do remember a pink one, never a yellow one.....

• Banned User

I prefer Christmas Time and Halloween Time because those stupid Celebrate You! decorations are not up....

• Not a Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Danwii View Post
    Nice trip report i sincerely appreciate it OMG Heimlich is so funny... I've Never seen that giant cupcake, has it always been there? cus I do remember a pink one, never a yellow one.....
    Not really sure. There's a huge cupcake inside the ride and one used for the sign. It was my first time riding it so I can't really say what was there before.

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    I prefer Christmas Time and Halloween Time because those stupid Celebrate You! decorations are not up....
    I felt like that before. I was excited for Christmas and Halloween just because those decorations would go down, but over time, I missed the music and look of most of main street. I can't wait for the day when the lamp posts are just lamp posts and the patch of grass where the envelope is turns once again into just a patch of grass (what was even there BEFORE celebrate?)

• Minion

Great work as usual. I don't know why Disney doesn't hire you as an official park photographer. The tilted ones remind me of the old Batman TV series where the villain's hideout is always filmed at a tilted angle.

• Not a Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    Great work as usual. I don't know why Disney doesn't hire you as an official park photographer. The tilted ones remind me of the old Batman TV series where the villain's hideout is always filmed at a tilted angle.
    Haha I WISH I could be the official park photographer. I guess the best way to get there is to start is to start off as a cast member photographer and making my way up or just finding a photography job within the company.

I find that shooting at a tilted angle can provide me with usually one of two things:
    1. Better use of space. Depending how tall the subject is or or wide my lens will go, a tilted angle can provide me with better use of space.
    2. Tilts provide action in static situations. At least for me it does.