Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• California Adventurer...

Re: Hollywoodland's E-Ticket Attraction

this would be epic. it could replace all the rides in HWL for all i care (except ToT and the Hyperion ofcourse). Everything else in that land is pretty much lame.
    Check out my Trip Reports on Youtube!

• Hello

Cool Re: Hollywoodland's E-Ticket Attraction

Thanks guys for your insight. I really appreciate your ideas.

As for the location, I was kinda undecided. I suppose it would be pretty cool to have the entrance between the Hyperion and ToT. But then again, I kinda wanted the attraction on the other end of the street (toward that Coke Stand, Monsters Inc., and the bathrooms) to bring a little light and attention to the otherwise dead area.

I like the old time gangster ride idea you have.Maybe during the chase scenes have some fake bullets whizzing by meaning burst of air like on Indy's poison dart room.Also some AA figures that would pop out of various doors or windows during the course of the ride and shoot at your car.
    Last edited by Disneyland4Eva; 02-01-2010 at 03:39 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Peoplemover Priit View Post

As for the location, I was kinda undecided. I suppose it would be pretty cool to have the entrance between the Hyperion and ToT. But then again, I kinda wanted the attraction on the other end of the street (toward that Coke Stand, Monsters Inc., and the bathrooms) to bring a little light and attention to the otherwise dead area.
    probably in the old millionare building.

• Armchair Imagineer

Well, you see, MistaDee and I have an ulterior motive, I must confess...we're imagineering a different attraction in that very spot

I think I can speak for MistaDee as well that we both really like your idea, so we don't want them to conflict.* Also, there is some thematic justification for the location as I mentioned.

*I should point out that I'm pretty consistent about this...I even suggested moving my own attraction idea when it conflicted with others' ideas that I liked.

I guess that might sound kind of silly since no one actually works for Disney and they have no chance of really being built. But, it's fun to imagine it, and that you could go to "the perfect DCA" and experience all your favorite attraction ideas.

• Hello

Quote Originally Posted by AGD View Post
    I guess that might sound kind of silly since no one actually works for Disney and they have no chance of really being built. But, it's fun to imagine it, and that you could go to "the perfect DCA" and experience all your favorite attraction ideas.
    But isn't that the whole idea behind Disney parks, Dreams Do Come True? But if I were an imagineer, I would go crazy with rides that were developed by MiceChatters.
    Last edited by Peoplemover Priit; 02-01-2010 at 05:30 PM.

Very creative I really like the ganster/police chase idea, sounds very exciting!

Well, you see, MistaDee and I have an ulterior motive, I must confess...we're imagineering a different attraction in that very spot

I think I can speak for MistaDee as well that we both really like your idea, so we don't want them to conflict.* Also, there is some thematic justification for the location as I mentioned.

*I should point out that I'm pretty consistent about this...I even suggested moving my own attraction idea when it conflicted with others' ideas that I liked.

You summed that up perfectly! Now another good excuse is that having a car themed ride helps transition the two lands a little....maybe...kind of....not really....but Monsters is our space! Y'all better watch yourselves

• keh!

i think this is a very fun idea. giving the audience two experiences is a great way to keep them coming back, and playing two different roles sounds exciting! i would probably work on the facade of the police department building and make it look more like art deco hollywood instead of a small neighborhood station. i think the gangster's queue sounds great, i would like to see them enter through a dark alley where you hear water dripping, cats scavenging through a trash can. i would love to see a ride like this in DCA. wonderful job

This is an awesome concept - very well thought out.

So the gangster and police car chase is actually two ride vehicles, right? Not just a ride vehicle (gangster or police) and an AA car.

• Armchair Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    This is an awesome concept - very well thought out.

So the gangster and police car chase is actually two ride vehicles, right? Not just a ride vehicle (gangster or police) and an AA car.
    If I understood correctly, the original proposal was to use a "prop car" for whatever you're chasing/is chasing you. I was suggesting having the two ride vehicles actually interact with each other instead, as I think that would be more dynamic.

If I understood correctly, the original proposal was to use a "prop car" for whatever you're chasing/is chasing you. I was suggesting having the two ride vehicles actually interact with each other instead, as I think that would be more dynamic.
    Wow for the past days I've been completely under the impression that what you said above was what he intended but alas I read it again and it is indeed a prop car! The whole draw of this attraction would be the guest interaction with each other! AGD's idea would make the ride especially different and help it not be so similar to Indy and RRR.

• We Go On.

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Does Pirates or HM really fit in New Orleans???
    Jean Laffite... bayous... mansions... ghostly cemeteries...

...Yep. Very much so.
    But isn't that the whole idea behind Disney parks, Dreams Do Come True? But if I were an imagineer, I would go crazy with rides that were developed by MiceChatters.
    Then lawsuits, lawsuits, lawsuits!

But seriously, your idea is pretty good. I like the chasing thing. I had another idea for a Hollywoodland attraction, but this one is nice.

• Hello

Ok. Sorry I haven't been on recently..

...But just to clear things up, I kinda messed up while posting. For my original idea I had a police car chasing a prop gangster car. But later on, I changed my mind to have the guests in police cars chase guests in gangster cars. But I guess it could still go either way. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say here.

Ok. Sorry I haven't been on recently..

...But just to clear things up, I kinda messed up while posting. For my original idea I had a police car chasing a prop gangster car. But later on, I changed my mind to have the guests in police cars chase guests in gangster cars. But I guess it could still go either way. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say here.
    Alright! I did understand you the first time, your genius rains through!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast