Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: Hollywoodland's E-Ticket Attraction

Yeah! Kinda like dueling dragons.... Except that things work out fine down their with a relatively even lines. And note he has made them different experiences with different plusses and negatives, different enough so that they are both experiences worth seeking out.
    Armchair Imagineering!:

The Grand Cinema Journey? (Name ideas welcome)

Concept Map! (Thread to follow)
    Grizzly Peak Mining District

• Not Here / Not Now

I can't believe it.. I have to come up with a new idea for the imagitition. I honestly, never saw this thread.
    California Screamin' Ride Count: 111

It's so sad that perfect DCA attractions like the Great Movie Ride and Rock'n Roller Coaster are located in Florida of all places. I really hope that Disney steps up post-2012 with an E-ticket for Hollywoodland that will blow our minds. It's definitely the area that I would expect to have the next major attraction after the current expansion is finished.

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mainejeff View Post
    It's so sad that perfect DCA attractions like the Great Movie Ride and Rock'n Roller Coaster are located in Florida of all places. I really hope that Disney steps up post-2012 with an E-ticket for Hollywoodland that will blow our minds. It's definitely the area that I would expect to have the next major attraction after the current expansion is finished.
    That's not going to happen at all since the Carsland expansion will take up the rest of the parking lot. Rock n Roller Coaster is a great ride (IMO of course), but it belongs with DHS.

Peoplemover Pritt, I got to say you did a very good job thinking your ride out. HPB needs a lot more original attractions, and this could easily fit the bill.

With that said, if there is anything I would like to say, why don't give it a little more direction, and make it a little more of a tribute to those 1930's action-thrillers that featured gangsters, and to have your photo taken, it should be take when you corner them at the end, since the crash will cause the lights to go out on the car your chasing? You'll be cornered and stopped for the moment, so that'll give it an opprotunity to take the riders' pictures.

I think this is an excellent concept.

I could also imagine this concept in a San Francisco setting, elsewhere in DCA (lets face it SF gets pretty short shrift at DCA at the moment). I imagine near misses with cable cars, hurtling up and down steep streets, careening through Chinatown, losing the other car in a fog bank, dicing with death on the edge of the Golden Gate Bridge etc. All sorts of other possibilities could be opened up if the car in pursuit was Herbie - "Herbie Rides Again" was set in San Francisco, if memory serves.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234