Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Re: Thank You For 5 Wonderful Years of MiceChat

Quote Originally Posted by SnorkletsMom View Post
    I think I said something similar last night, but it may have been incoherent, so I will say it again.

The meet was fabulous. This site is full of warm and wonderful people and we had a really, really great time. I'm looking forward to the next event, and the one after that...heck I may just invite everyone over for dinner, I already miss you all so much!

(roll credits)
    THANK YOU to DustySage for the talent, energy, excitement, enthusiasm and patience he always displays, whether it's during his duties as admin, or meet coordinator, or greeter. Dusty, I'm sorry that your commitment to this site sometimes eats into your personal life, and if there's every anything I/we can do to help, you know we're there. I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say we appreciate what you do more than you can imagine. Thanks also to Fishbulb, who is generous with his genius and who makes MC look and be what it is. And there is absolutely no nicer way to kick off a first meeting with a group of strangers, than with one of Fishy's hugs. "I have just met you, Fishy, but I love you!" Thanks to Al (obviously!). Thanks to Monorail man for keeping everything working smoothly. Thanks to Momma for teaching us all to sing like the birdies sing "and down!" Thanks to everyone who helped with the meet or helps with this site. That includes the members. Your numbers are legion, but your contributions invaluable.

Personal thanks to PenguinSoda, who took us under her warm, flightless wing and patiently introduced us to a lot of new friends. Thanks to everyone who cheerfully let my son hug or tug or bump into them. He appreciates it, and so do we :-) Thanks to the friends at the RCMC meet and the Hearthstone for lively conversation, fun and a lot of warmth. You're all awesome!

My husband's now officially a member, and I've gone gold (do I look all shiny now?).

So, when's the next meet? :-)
    You made me cry. Thank you so very much for the kind words. It means so much to me for people to feel welcome and have a good time. That's it! That's what the whole thing is about. I wanted to create a place where it didn't matter if you were old or young, black or white, geek or god. I just wanted folks to have a welcoming home on the web (and in real life). If you came away feeling that spirit, then it is all worthwhile

It was just lovely to meet you and your wonderful family.

I hope we'll see you at the Gumball Rally on May 1st!

Hugs,

Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Wow.I thought micechat was around longer than that.Well keep on Micechatting and Al Lutz can keep on giving us DL updates after I have had my danish and OJ of course,LOL.

•   
    • Super Hero

Happy Anniversary, Micechat!

A HUGE thank you to Dusty, Al, MonorailMan, Fishy, the mods, and everyone who keeps Micechat humming along. The Anni Meet was fantastic fun and it was great to see how our group has grown since 2005.

Todd, if it wasn't for you and your vision, blood, sweat, tears, money, time, charm, and charisma to create this wonderful community, I would never have met some of my greatest, most wonderful, and treasured friends. I will always owe you for that.

Congratulations and thank you.

**smooch**
    Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab
    I still can't figure out where that strap goes.

• Always Happy<3

Yesterday was one of my most memorable disneyland trips. I went in with butterflies feelign nervous that I might end up hanging out alone because I didn't know anyone. This was my first time meeting any of you, and It was fantastic. I felt so happy to be around so many great and friendly people. I was a little shy so I still felt apprehensive going up to people but I know that will change. Thanks to all of you who made this MC anniversary possible and so amazing. Thank you for all the hugs and friendly smiles! It was such an amazing time that i couldn't sleep last night because i was still jittery from how excited i was.

I cannot wait for more meets
    Last edited by lovebug5502; 02-01-2010 at 02:53 PM. Reason: spelling errors :/
    Always let your conscience be your guide.
    -Pinocchio

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Dusty, you are so humble, as the entire MiceChat staff is. You have no reason to thank us, but we should thank all of YOU for the wonderful community you have built. Through this site I have met my wife, met some of my closest and dearest friends, and have done some some things than I never thought I would do, and many things that I will never forget as the best moments of my life.

Thank you to Dusty, Al, Fishy, MM, and all the mods and crew, and all the great members of this beloved site. Each time I come I meet more and more members who become close friends, and the hardest part is that there are too many people to meet everyone! It just means we'll have to be back more and more!

It really is a time to celebrate...and I do it every day by coming back here to visit my wonderful friends!

It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• keh!

although i was only there for the tiki room meet on sunday, i had a great time. thank you to all those who make MC possible, i honestly don't know a better online community. the crowd was full of so many friendly people who share a passion for Disney. i hope to be more involved in the meets in the future : D

• Here's my 2 cents

We had a great time on Sunday, wished we planned better so we could have attended all three days. Train ride with everyone was great epspecially the conductor making the 5 yr anniversary announcement added to her spiel at each stop. Jungle cruise was terrific, the great skipper we had was fun (it's been a looong time since I've heard a skipper THAT into the spiel) and it was fun having a whole boat of like minded MC'ers that really appreciated it .

Thanks to all that created and maintain micechat and to all that orgainized the 5yr event.
    And a special shout-out to Pratt55 for looking after performerinwaiting, it means a lot to me.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

I wish I could have been there. I'm happy to see all the great photos!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!

...Joe...

• Mycroft16: #1 Husband

I'm not on MiceChat often, but I hear all the latest news from my husband, Mycroft16. I love this site! Thank you so much for such a fun forum.
    Next Disneyland trip: June 19th-24th
    First Disney cruise: Oct. 23rd-27th

See some of my Disneyland photos here!

• I'm not really here

My wife may not be on here much, but this is pretty much my 2nd home. It has been a real ride since I joined and it's been a lot of fun. Seen a lot of growth and change and still haven't made it to a single meet. One of these days I'll get there! Thanks to all the admins, mods and people who work so hard to make MiceChat a reality. You are the best!

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• I'm wishing

I'm so glad to got to be there at least part of all three days!!

Thank you all so much, especially Dusty and Fishy!! Your heart and dedication make this site and the meets so wonderful. As my grandma would have said, there is a special place in heaven for people like you.

And to all the mods, writers, photographs and tech support people, your hard work is noticed and appreciated, even more so when we get to have fun with you at a meet.

Lastly, to all those people who reach out to the newbies and take them under their wings, make them feel a part of the group, and introduce them around, you guys are the greatest!

Put everyone together and you get MICEHAT!! The happiest site on earth!

Thank you everyone who works so hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ::::hugs::::

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I have posted this many times before, but it bears repeating. I was planning a trip back in 2005 to Disneyland for my very first time, and I discovered MiceChat. It was here where I learned all that I needed to know to make that very first trip a magical one.

I was so internet illiterate at that point in time. MiceChat has taught me so much. I have learned about the parks, but I have also learned about myself. I learned that if you just be yourself, people will accept you. I learned it's O.K. to laugh at myself, and I also learned that tears are not a sign of weakness. I learned that sharing my life with others was a good thing. 5 years ago, I was a very different person.

My day is not complete, until I turn on my computer, and see what's going on on MiceChat.

Thanks to everyone. I don't get to California too often but I wouldn't think of planning a trip now that didn't include at least one Sunday where I can be at The Hub at noon.

• E T1CK3T

Thank you to EVERYONE at MiceChat for making the 5th Anniversary special for all. It truly was the best meet I've been to so far in my times here. I got to see old friends and meet many new friends. Thanks again, and happy anniversary!!!

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

Being at the Hojo Party on Friday, and then being with you guys this Sunday reminds me how many great people I've met. Thanks, Dustysage.

•   
    • Main Street VIPs

Quote Originally Posted by tomrules1955 View Post
    Train ride with everyone was great epspecially the conductor making the 5 yr anniversary announcement added to her spiel at each stop.
    I admit that I egged her on to make that announcement. The funny thing about it was that I made her promise to warn me before she did the announcement so I could get it on tape. Well, she did not warn me the first time, so she had to do it again at the next station. She was a really great sport about it and added to the magic of the day.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyH33C6udWM]YouTube - MiceChat Fifth Anniversary Train Ride Announcement[/ame]

And here's video of the group boarding the train:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMi7ludlemM"]MiceChat Fifth Anniversay: The group boards the train[/ame]
    Last edited by Rixter; 02-01-2010 at 05:50 PM.
    Rick

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast