Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Thank You For 5 Wonderful Years of MiceChat

UPDATED: The Los Angeles Examiner just posted an amazing story about our Anniversary Celebration. Check it out: http://tinyurl.com/y8zweqe

Our big anniversary weekend has come and gone. It was amazing from beginning to end. Meets, events, contests, meals, socializing, a game show, singing like the birdies, making friends, and having a wonderful time with hundreds of fellow Disney fans.

The real mice behind the magic!

Each of you reading this holds a very special role in the success of MiceChat and a very dear place in our hearts. The casual readers provide us with the bulk of our traffic. The registered members provide the 35,000 points of view which make the site so interesting. The Moderators maintain the civil balance which helps make MiceChat welcoming and unique. The bloggers and writers for MiceAge and MiceChat provide the voice and identity of the site. Our advertisers and MiceChat Gold members provide the financial support to keep us online. It is a complex system, but somehow it all comes together in a way that can only be described as . . . MAGIC!

Winners of the Flash Mob Contest (Aladdin, Momma Mousketeer, Trekkie Dad)

Today, MiceChat boasts nearly 35,000 registered members. We have hundreds of thousands of unique monthly visitors and serve millions and millions of pages each and every month. It is mind boggling that we have come so far in just 5 short years.

For all those who have followed us for any length of time these past 5 years, it is YOU who have helped make us what we are today. You are the passionate individuals who so willingly express your opinions, news, photos, dreams, ideas, and aspirations with our millions of annual visitors. Along the way, we have been witness to numerous proposals, marriages, babies, friendships, special events, and a countless number of meets in the parks.

MiceChat FILLS the Tiki Room with magic

These past 5 years have been nothing short of amazing. I can't imagine spending my life with a better group of people. Each and every time I log on to MiceChat, I feel like I've returned home. I can only hope that you feel the same.

Pre-lunch meeting of MiceChatters at DCA

My heartfelt thanks to Al Lutz, Monorail man, Indiana Jenn, Momma Mouseketeer, our wonderful staff, moderators, columnists, bloggers, readers, members, sponsors, supporters, media partners, and to Fishbulb (who has allowed me to put MiceChat above our personal life on so many occasions).

Happy Anniversary EVERYONE! Thank you for an amazing ride these past 5 years. I promise that the best is yet to come!

With Warmest Thanks and Gratitude,

Dusty and the MiceChat Crew
    PS - If you loved the MiceChat 5 year anniversary weekend - Please help me thank the Howard Johnson Anaheim Resort and Disney's Character Warehouse (who provided most of our prizes) - without whom we could not have produced this epic 3 day event. THANK YOU for your support!
    (A big thank you to Dan Rutherford for the wonderful photos above. Please share your memories and photos from the MiceChat 5 Year Anniversary weekend with us below!)

Beautiful MiceChat graphics are a creation of the amazing Fishbulb!
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: Thank You For 5 Wonderful Years of MiceChat

You are the best Todd. You give so much and enrich all of us with your generosity.

So, MiceChat and I have the same birthday? Awesome! Thanks, really, for loads of wonderful entertainment and virtual trips to d-land. Hope to meet some of y'all some time.
    okerry (a zonie)

• Only the Lonely

Blog Entries

Thank you Dusty..if it weren't YOU..there would be no Micechat at all..
    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

• Minion

A very special thank you goes out to Dusty and everyone who was involved in the planning of last weekends festivities. I had a blast and yesterday and it was easily one of the best times I've had at Disneyland
    Follow me on Twitter for live updates & pictures from the park:

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

Glad to hear about everyone's wonderful time over the weekend. Looking forward to hearing more reports and seeing LOTS more pictures.

I've only been on here a few short months and it already has that comfy feeling of home. That's why I became a gold member, to be able to support the site. I think it has wonderful info on it for anything Disney. To me it's very resourceful.

Thanks Dusty & crew for all your hard work that makes this site what it is.
    Last edited by 1Disneylandfan; 02-03-2010 at 10:39 AM.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Thanks to all the mods, admins and Dusty for putting together a phenomenal weekend and creating a a wonderful site.

• Seasick

Congrats on five years, and big thanks to Dusty and everyone else who keeps Micechat running. Easily the best place for Disney fans on the web.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Look at the group photo. Talk about a huge group of people. Simply amazing what you've created guys.

• Hukuna Matata!

A huge thank you to Our Founders, The brains behind the computer technology, To the wonderful Moderators who do it for the pure love of the site, The great editors that bring us great updates, the wonderful photographers that make us feel like were there even when we cannot be, the event planners for giving us something to look forward to every few months, the sponsors and last but not least all of the great members that find a home away from home here everyday. With that said thank you sincerly.

• Future Indy Castmember

Had a great time yesterday. So, whens the animated castle group picture going to be up?

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• Welcome Home

Dusty: I posted a brief thanks to you all elsewhere, but it was so great, worth doing it twice.

I can't imagine the amount of work and time you all put in to this site and arranging something like that. We're so lucky to have everyone connected with this.

Time for me to signup for MiceChat Gold! The absolute least I can do....

We'll see you at the Hub!

• We Want The Redhead

Dusty Sage, the Pope of the Church of Walt! Thanks again my friend! Daisy loved her pin!
    Last edited by ttrocc7007; 02-01-2010 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Just for the heck of it...
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Screwy Squirrel View Post
    Dusty: I posted a brief thanks to you all elsewhere, but it was so great, worth doing it twice.

I can't imagine the amount of work and time you all put in to this site and arranging something like that. We're so lucky to have everyone connected with this.

Time for me to signup for MiceChat Gold! The absolute least I can do....

We'll see you at the Hub!

We have lots of help. This year, we were VERY lucky to have Indiana Jenn plan the HoJo party for us and work with our sponsors Howard Johnson Anaheim Resort and Disney's Character Warehouse for prizes, party rooms, etc. Monorail Man produced the really fun game show for the Hearthstone Lounge meet. Fishbulb did all of the graphic design, print work, and eye spy. Momma Mouseketeer planned the Tiki Room event and was a fabulous hostess at our HoJo party. Our special events crew helped plan all of the meets. It was an amazing group of people who put this event together! And this is just a mini effort compared to our Gumball Rally.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Bring back the Keelboats!

Wow, that looked like fun! I wish illness hadn't kept us away. I look forward to reading everyone's reports and seeing all the pictues. The Tiki Room one is amazing.

Here's hoping for another 5 wonderful years, then another 5, then.... you get my drift!

Congrats to all.

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast