Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Re: Disney's California Food and Wine Festival - April 16 to May 31, 2010

We are loving the Food and Wine Festival this year. There are some little issues/tips.

The way they have set most things up inside the old Hollywood and Vine building is sort of hard to find for some people.

A huge wall now sits directly in front of the entry to the Hollywood and Dine building. Tables set up everywhere in front of this wall. Unfortunately, this makes it look like just a seating area and you can't really see the entry for the big festival building behind the wall. Go around the wall on the right hand side and you'll see another big patio of tables. Walk through the tables and go inside.

There was confusion with that as well. A line was formed to the side of the door (this line is for the various seminars) but lots of folks thought it was the line just to go inside and get food, wine, and shop. you do NOT need to get in this line unless you are waiting for one of the seminars.

Once you get through the confusion of getting inside, it is wonderful.

Tip to our dear friends who run the Festival, invest in some big signs or build a "WELCOME" or "ENTER HERE" archway to put between that big wall and the Hyperion Building so people can find out where to enter. You could also run a red carpet or something. We saw lots of people wandering around who seemed confused.

Everything else is great. I LOVED where the wine walks were set up this year (Parade Route between Bugs Land and Grizzly Mountain). Much nicer location than last year.

The festival foods are fantastic! They really are. I'm getting a bit bored with some of the wine selections and really miss the sparkle bar. There really isn't anywhere to relax and buy a wine flight this year.

We'll pop in again this weekend for more Food and Wine goodness.

Dusty
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

I cant wait to go on 5/13!
    glad its free with paid admission
    what stuff is free and what is not ( besides the events like tasting and dinners)

Blog Entries

Did my first ever festival event last night. We were heading over to get the cheese soup when someone came up and asked us if we wanted to do the wine seminar because they needed to fill the last 2 seats. We paid our one dollar each and snuck in as it was starting. It was a great experience. I am just discovering I like wine and the ones we tasted were from Cohn and were delicious. We spoke to Bruce Cohn afterwards and he was really nice and telling everyone about tasting events, concerts, etc. that go on at his place.

The cheese soup was delicious but the bread bowl was slightly stale.

I agree with Dusty about the location. Upon walking up, we thought maybe it was closed.

Excited to try something else!

I plan on checking it out when I'm there at the end of May. It may not be as big as the Epcot Food and Wine Festival at WDW, but I bet it will still be nice.
    - Larisa

Everybody neat and pretty? Then, on with the show! -MMC

The spring roll at Lucky Fortune Cookery was pretty disappointing. It had obviously been sitting there for awhile. I was soggy and tiny and it wasn't served with the sauce that spring rolls are usually served with. Also, it was a horrible value at $3.99. It was smaller than most of the items in the Festival Showplace. Skip it and get another piece of halibut or more cheese soup.

• Please pull the yellowtab

Quote Originally Posted by clippers6 View Post
    The spring roll at Lucky Fortune Cookery was pretty disappointing. It had obviously been sitting there for awhile. I was soggy and tiny and it wasn't served with the sauce that spring rolls are usually served with. Also, it was a horrible value at $3.99. It was smaller than most of the items in the Festival Showplace. Skip it and get another piece of halibut or more cheese soup.
    Hmm... Maybe I'll give that cheese soup a try on my next visit.

I do believe in fairies. I do. I do.

• Please pull the yellowtab

Does anyone know if the wine cellar plans on restocking Magicale? I attended the Sweet Sunday event last Sunday and the waiter graciously kept filling up my glass . It was such a yummy wine. Sweet and bubbly.

I do believe in fairies. I do. I do.

• Banned User

Does anyone know why Sunny Anderson cancelled all her scheduled appearances? My wife and I drove up from San Diego on Friday to see her but were dissappointed to find out that she cancelled. The suits that we talked to seemed pretty tight lipped about the situation.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

That cheese soup was better than last year, and I am sad I didn't get more than one bowl!! But that soda machine as full of win OMG!!!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    That cheese soup was better than last year, and I am sad I didn't get more than one bowl!! But that soda machine as full of win OMG!!!
    How much for the soda and where is it?
    and where do you get the soup?

The soda machine. Try 2/3 raspberry coke and 1/3 lime coke. Really good, one of the cm's recommended it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    We are loving the Food and Wine Festival this year. There are some little issues/tips.

The way they have set most things up inside the old Hollywood and Vine building is sort of hard to find for some people.

i did buy some bottle of nice wine including a couple of signed bottles of lassitor wines for 23.00 dollars. they usually go for 35 to 50 dollars unsigned. Also found bottles of Magicalle for 20 dollars. This wine is especially bottle for Disney and sells for 45 a bottle or 14 a glass.

A huge wall now sits directly in front of the entry to the Hollywood and Dine building. Tables set up everywhere in front of this wall. Unfortunately, this makes it look like just a seating area and you can't really see the entry for the big festival building behind the wall. Go around the wall on the right hand side and you'll see another big patio of tables. Walk through the tables and go inside.

There was confusion with that as well. A line was formed to the side of the door (this line is for the various seminars) but lots of folks thought it was the line just to go inside and get food, wine, and shop. you do NOT need to get in this line unless you are waiting for one of the seminars.

Once you get through the confusion of getting inside, it is wonderful.

Tip to our dear friends who run the Festival, invest in some big signs or build a "WELCOME" or "ENTER HERE" archway to put between that big wall and the Hyperion Building so people can find out where to enter. You could also run a red carpet or something. We saw lots of people wandering around who seemed confused.

Everything else is great. I LOVED where the wine walks were set up this year (Parade Route between Bugs Land and Grizzly Mountain). Much nicer location than last year.

The festival foods are fantastic! They really are. I'm getting a bit bored with some of the wine selections and really miss the sparkle bar. There really isn't anywhere to relax and buy a wine flight this year.

We'll pop in again this weekend for more Food and Wine goodness.

Dusty
    i noticed the same problems the times that i went. People were confused to where the entrance was.

I agree with you about the walks so much better and they fit the area beautifully and bring lots of life to the long parade corridor.

I also loved the energy that the ODV carts in the wharf brought tot he area. lots of people were nejoying the olive oil carts and really trying out things. Those carts really help the environment that DCA desperately needs thruought the year. Nice variety insteda of carts with Princess stuff. It would be great if the carts presented their material with the food and wine logo.

I really loved the entertainment as well not only did they have that one group with the kitchen appliances but this saturday they had a group playing african music. really showed the diversity of the state of California
    Last edited by Baloo; 05-03-2010 at 08:33 PM.

• Minion

Talking Re: Disney's California Food and Wine Festival - April 16 to May 31, 2010

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFan28 View Post
    How much for the soda and where is it?
    and where do you get the soup?
    Regular soda 2.99 large 3.29. Soup 4.25.... go to monsters inc. If your looking at it head on turn right walk till you hit the show place board go around the corner there is the soda machine and the soup. long line is for wine tasting demlos you don't have to wait in it just walk into the show case. Gift store is on you right. Straight in front is the soup and where you buy your cup for the soda. The machine is on the far left. Hope that helps.

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandkitty View Post
    Regular soda 2.99 large 3.29. Soup 4.25.... go to monsters inc. If your looking at it head on turn right walk till you hit the show place board go around the corner there is the soda machine and the soup. long line is for wine tasting demlos you don't have to wait in it just walk into the show case. Gift store is on you right. Straight in front is the soup and where you buy your cup for the soda. The machine is on the far left. Hope that helps.
    thanks., it does

also..when does the festival usually get crowded..i might be at the festival about noonish or so.

• TDS and TDL FUN times

Hey I had a great time on saturday at the festival . wahoo tacos founder... great guy interesting backstory.

Has anyone heard any definitive word on whether the food and wine festival will be back again next year? despite all the construction I think they can really center it around certain areas and make it happen. The festival has really gained momentum and I would hate for it to go away for a year .

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast