Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 291011121314 LastLast

Re: Disney's California Food and Wine Festival - April 16 to May 31, 2010

I think it is actually kind of a good thing that the Festival Showplace is so hard to find. The way it is set up, I'm not sure it could handle very big crowds.

They are doing a lot of guest research at the festival. I basically replied that I do want it back next year and would like to see it expanded and feature more food (like the Epcot one).

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Quote Originally Posted by WestsideCM99 View Post
    Does anyone know why Sunny Anderson cancelled all her scheduled appearances? My wife and I drove up from San Diego on Friday to see her but were dissappointed to find out that she cancelled. The suits that we talked to seemed pretty tight lipped about the situation.
    Take it for whats it worth but the gentelman who is hosting Kevin the Mc when i questioned him he said they she had cancelled 3 days after the brochure came out from print . He mentioned that she had some filming engaments she couldnt get out of. while it was frustrating and I wish disney could of updated this online. Rick Garcia did a great job filling in and the addition of wing lam from wahoo tacos in a later session was great.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFan28 View Post
    thanks., it does

also..when does the festival usually get crowded..i might be at the festival about noonish or so.
    Saturday is less crowded then sunday. Pretty much all demos are crowded except the first one take a little longer to fill up. Last year during the week it was dead haven't been this year yet during the week.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by lighttragic View Post
    Hey I had a great time on saturday at the festival . wahoo tacos founder... great guy interesting backstory.

Does wahoo tacos mean there is decent Mexican food? (Since there isn't any in the parks.)

Quote Originally Posted by MarysUmbrella View Post
    Does wahoo tacos mean there is decent Mexican food? (Since there isn't any in the parks.)
    Sadly, no - the festival Mexican food is just as bad as the normal Mexican food.

Unless you count the Habanero-Lime Margaritas at the Star Lounge, then it is FANTASTIC.

I tried the Wine Country Chicken Salad at the bread bowl place in Pacific Wharf today. It was another disappointment. I still don't get why anyone would want a salad in a bread bowl. I can see why you'd want soup, but not salad. I was hoping it would be similar to the chicken salad they currently have, but it is just a few chunks of chicken tossed in with some corn, carrots, and shredded lettuce. The chicken really wasn't seasoned enough so you mostly tasted the lettuce.

So that's 0 for 2 on the Festival inspired dining for me so far. My sister did say she liked the pulled pork sandwich at Taste Pilots so I'll either give that a try next time or the Anaheim chile. The anti-pasto salad at Pizza Oow Mow Mow didn't look that interesting to me.

Quote Originally Posted by clippers6 View Post
    I think it is actually kind of a good thing that the Festival Showplace is so hard to find. The way it is set up, I'm not sure it could handle very big crowds.

They are doing a lot of guest research at the festival. I basically replied that I do want it back next year and would like to see it expanded and feature more food (like the Epcot one).

the times i have gone inside the market place the wine seminars were busy but the actual market area was empty. CM mentioned that the place was a bit out of the way and the general guest was not aware they could get some delicious samples of food. I did bump into one group that saw me walking out of the area going to the mens room and asked me if it was a private thing. I told them they were welcome to go inside and explore.

when i came back in they were sitting down enjoying some of the tapas and beer and had already made plans to see the next wine seminar.

I think the wooden wall does create issues if they expect to make more sells and get people more involved in what they offer there.

I also think that maybe they should consider making the beer area a bit bigger maybe by adding it outside.

Another thing i noticed was the kids food thing with goofy It was packed. they should consider other areas for kids to enjoy the event. They could have other characters host some more events or make the goofy one a bit larger.

There is a beer stand outside the marketplace, but I haven't seen it busy. It is funny to see people walking up to the studio catering truck and being disappointed that it only has sandwiches, not knowing that there's a food festival taking place right behind it. I think it'd be neat if next year they had the wine and beer seminars at the winery and used this year's marketplace location for expanded food offerings. They could also move the kid's activities in there.

didn't notice the beer stand outside, i did notice a counter but nobody attending it. I wonder if they only open the beer stand at certain times

Now that I think of it, I'm not sure that beer stand isn't there all the time, but with a more limited selection. It is listed as a special feature of the festival, but I vaguely recall seeing it before. There really isn't a reason for me to go to that corner of the park outside of the festival so I don't have a strong recollection of it. The studio catering truck was only selling packaged sandwiches when I was there on Wednesday and I'm not sure if that is also a change for the festival or not. The official website still says it sells chili and nachos.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by lighttragic View Post
    Take it for whats it worth but the gentelman who is hosting Kevin the Mc when i questioned him he said they she had cancelled 3 days after the brochure came out from print . He mentioned that she had some filming engaments she couldnt get out of. while it was frustrating and I wish disney could of updated this online. Rick Garcia did a great job filling in and the addition of wing lam from wahoo tacos in a later session was great.
    Thank you for answering my question

• Banned User

i was disappointed in not seeing sunny anderson!! that would of been cool.., there is always next year!!

• Banned User

I tried the Wine Country Chicken Salad at the bread bowl place in Pacific Wharf today. It was another disappointment. I still don't get why anyone would want a salad in a bread bowl. I can see why you'd want soup, but not salad. I was hoping it would be similar to the chicken salad they currently have, but it is just a few chunks of chicken tossed in with some corn, carrots, and shredded lettuce. The chicken really wasn't seasoned enough so you mostly tasted the lettuce.

So that's 0 for 2 on the Festival inspired dining for me so far. My sister did say she liked the pulled pork sandwich at Taste Pilots so I'll either give that a try next time or the Anaheim chile. The anti-pasto salad at Pizza Oow Mow Mow didn't look that interesting to me.

all the food at the festival was awesome goodness! i loved the chicken salad in the bread bowl--as an avid dieter it was JUST enough for me. i though it was VERY good and low calorie(if you dont eat the bowl). they had salt and pepper packets, i guess anybody that though it wasn't seasoned enough could of done it themselves! i have seen people pour extra salt on fries at taste pilots grill...but i was deeply impressed with the salad, the pulled pork sandwich and the small food things at the stage 21

• Banned User

Now that I think of it, I'm not sure that beer stand isn't there all the time, but with a more limited selection. It is listed as a special feature of the festival, but I vaguely recall seeing it before. There really isn't a reason for me to go to that corner of the park outside of the festival so I don't have a strong recollection of it. The studio catering truck was only selling packaged sandwiches when I was there on Wednesday and I'm not sure if that is also a change for the festival or not. The official website still says it sells chili and nachos.

they have a beer cart in the warf area.. karl strouse i believe it is.. it has at least 6 choices of beer

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    didn't notice the beer stand outside, i did notice a counter but nobody attending it. I wonder if they only open the beer stand at certain times

i actaully did even know the food was behind the truck till later that day! but i found the stella lounge and the stella beer area..and the winery had been shut down for construction..
    Last edited by love♥dca; 05-10-2010 at 12:40 PM. Reason: spelling

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 291011121314 LastLast