Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Disney's California Food and Wine Festival - April 16 to May 31, 2010

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd View Post
    Traditionally IDs are checked & wristbands are given out for each event.

Here is the legal:

In accordance with California state law, Guests must be 21 years of age or older to consume alcoholic beverages. Please bring valid identification. Absolutely no one under age 21 may enter any wine, beer or spirit seminar, event or venue, including children or infants accompanied by an adult.

Disney's California Food & Wine Festival
    hmm that's funny cuase the last twp years there was no wristbands.. this year is the first year

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by rlanting View Post
    We would like to take in a few of the Wine events, but with our 8 year old son with us can that be done.

you could..but one of you would have to take the kid on a ride while the other one did the tasting and then trade off..... at least in my mind that is how i see it!!

this year is the first year that the wrist bands are coming into affect

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndStar2theRight View Post
    I'm getting hungry! I can't wait to attend Sweet Sunday and the tasting seminars.

YESSS!! the tasting seminars!! mmmmmmm.....

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by love♥dca View Post
    this year is the first year that the wrist bands are coming into affect
    I mentioned wristbands because they were used in the past and can be clearly seen in Disney's official video (shot last year) promoting this year's event, they were bright red and hard to miss:

"If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Disney's California Food & Wine Festival Sweepstakes

Whether you’re a die-hard fan of Disney's California Food & Wine Festival or just curious to know more about it, we’re giving followers of the Disneyland Twitter handle (@Disneyland) a new opportunity to explore our Festival this year.

To participate, make sure you’re following us on Twitter (@Disneyland) because we’re giving away a tempting prize: two theme park tickets and a $50 Disney Gift Card to experience Disney’s California Food & Wine Festival. There will be one prize (2 1-Day, 1-Park tickets and a $50 Disney Gift Card) awarded every week for three weeks.

There are of course a few things you should know. The sweepstakes will start tomorrow (April 14) and is open to US residents 18 and over. No purchase necessary. 1 winner selected per week through 4/28/10. Void if prohibited.
    details & official rules at:

Announcing Disney’s California Food & Wine Festival Twitter Sweepstakes Disney Parks Blog
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Does anyone know how long the wine and beer tasting seminars are? My mother offered to come along to watch our 2 year old while my husband and I do the tasting but I was wondering how long she would have to watch her because she was interested in some of the cooking seminars and I want to make sure we can all do what we want.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Lalalex View Post
    Does anyone know how long the wine and beer tasting seminars are? My mother offered to come along to watch our 2 year old while my husband and I do the tasting but I was wondering how long she would have to watch her because she was interested in some of the cooking seminars and I want to make sure we can all do what we want.

See up above? That is the link…click on that.. then click on daily schedule and it will open a pdf format so you can print it and get the answer to your question… as there is sooo many beer seminars and cooking things, sometimes that over lap also, hopefully this year they fixed that problem…

I hope that helps you!!

• Minion

all demo's are 30 to 60 min depending on the demo.... yes they have had wrist bands before but this is the first year you have to pay for them.

• Banned User

So check this out!! I was doing some research on the wineries that will be presented at the food and wine festival’s wine seminars, and soo Iooked up Lasseter Family Winery and down below is from there website and I think that you might find it interesting!!

“The story of Lasseter Family Winery began in 1992 when John and Nancy Lasseter moved to the town of Sonoma and discovered the art of winemaking through a group of amateur winemaking friends. For them, it was a leap from appreciating wine to immersing themselves in the winemaking process.
    By 2000, the Lasseters were making their wine at the winery of their close friends, Tommy and Marcy Smothers. The “idea” of Lasseter Family Winery was slowly evolving, and John and Nancy began to consider options for a winery site. When a historic Sonoma Valley winery and vineyard property in desperate need of caring restoration and renovation became available in 2002, John and Nancy decided it was a perfect place to continue the story. Escrow on the property closed during the 2002 harvest, on the same day that several generations of the Lasseter family worked together crushing grapes just down the road at the Smothers Winery.

The Lasseters have partnered with master winemaker Julia Iantosca, who has many years of experience throughout Sonoma County, as they "fine tune" the vineyard, develop their signature blends, and craft what will ulitmately become the house style. Julia's passion for blended wines dovetails perfectly with the Lasseter's approach.

Cellermaster Bart Hansen has years of experience from long tenures at Kenwood Vineyards and Benziger Family Winery. He knows the Sonoma Valley intimately and brings tremendous attention to detail to his daily winemaking responsibilities.

Three generations of the Lasseter family continue to work together on this project.”

they have a website if anybody interested in looking:

Wines hand crafted by the Lasseter Family in Glen Ellen California

they have resotored a old property in sonoma..well i guess you'll just have to the wesbite and check it out...!!

• Banned User

ooooooooooooooo i remember the wrist bands now..hmm yeah that is what they were putting on me! last year is foggy.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd View Post
    2/8/10 UPDATED:

The Lasseter Family Winery will make a return appearance this year - the first weekend of the Festival!

Photos & Report at:

Lasseter Family Winery at DCA 5/1/09

http://micechat.com/forums/features/...-5-1-09-a.html
    This was a genuine highlight last year.

• Banned User

.. Yes I think it’s VERY cool that Lasseter winery is still family run.. I also think it’s great that they have restored an old dilapidated winery into what it is today!! I am super excited to see them!

I tried to get my brothers and my dad together on a wine making business, and to buy property in Temecula..but none of them went for it, as my dad and brothers they like to drink wine-so they be good at tasting, and I am good business and marketing sense, and with the “wine making for dummies” book, I am sure it could have been a great family business—I guess will never know.. …

Maybe I should hit them up on beer making.. Heck I already make my home brews in my bathtub! LoL

Talking Re: Disney's California Food and Wine Festival - April 16 to May 31, 2010

Thanks for all the Information....

Now I did also see that there was some cooking things going on and even something for the kids with cooking. Maybe my wife and son can do the cooking thing and I can slip off to a beer or wine event.

Thanks again

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Opens today! I know where I'm going after work!!!
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

I'll be there next Friday!! I hope the pins and bags don't sell out too quickly. I must have them!!

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast