Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

Re: Disney's California Food and Wine Festival - April 16 to May 31, 2010

I stopped by this morning to get my new AP, but there was a glitch in the system so they gave me a comp pass so I could visit the parks while I waited for them to fix it. I walked about DCA for awhile, but didn't really get to see anything. The marketplace did not open on schedule so I can't really report on what was in there and most of the restaurants were not yet open while I was there. The line for Guy didn't look as bad as the pictures from Friday.

There was one long line and one shorter line. Was one for Guy and the other for the earlier berry tasting presentation? How are they handling the autograph session? Are they letting people who attended the presentation get in line first?

Guy wasn't there today-just Friday and Sat. The line was full for him by about 10:30 or so on Saturday. We were 6-8 in line and got to sit in the front. Guy was incredible and we also got to meet some great people while waiting! It was certainly worth the wait!

Opps I meant I was there Saturday (posted 30 minutes past midnight). Glad to hear you had fun. I didn't stay for Guy as I'm not a huge fan, but I'll definitely be there for some of the other chefs.

I had a wonderful day at California Adventure yesterday! I arrived at the park at 9 AM and rode a few rides with no wait. People started lining up for the Guy Fieri presentation right when the park opened, and it didn't start until 3:30. I was impressed by their dedication!

Most of the Food and Wine events are located at Stage 12 in the Hollywood Backlot. It opened at 10:30. I had a quick lunch there. The cheese soup was amazing, and the slider was good. It was a little frustrating though, the utensils and the trashcans were located on the complete opposite side of the building from the seating. It also didn't seem to have enough seating.

Next I tried both of the Wine Walks, one features California wines and the other Italy. You get four tastes for $10. At each walk there are four stations with each one representing a different region. The wines were good, but the people pouring them didn't know anything about them. The space was also quite small, and I can see them getting crowded very quickly.

Next I went to buy a wristband for the Lassiter tasting seminar. Wristbands are $1 and go on sale one hour before the seminar begins. You purchase them outside of Stage 12 just to the left of the entrance. Then I grabbed dessert and browsed in the gist shop.

Finally it was time for the seminar, and we find out that John and Nancy Lassiter are both there in addition to their wine maker. Only the wine maker was scheduled to appear, so that was a wonderful surprise!!! We tasted three wines, with the rose being by far my favorite, and the seminar lasted for about 45 min, and was a wonderful experience. Afterward all three of them did a bottle signing and John posed for pictures and chatted with each person for a minute. It was awesome to meet him!!!!!!! If you want to buy a bottle to have signed you need to buy it at the same place you buy the wristbands. Don't buy it at the gift shop!

So all in all it was an awesome Disney day!!!!!

• Please pull the yellowtab

Glad to hear you had a blast MelissaS! I'll be sure to arrive hungry. I plan on attending the Sweet Sunday event next Sunday. But I most likely will stick around to sample the wines and gobble down as much of the other dishes as possible.

I do believe in fairies. I do. I do.

• Diva Extrodinaire

Question: can you buy food at Stage 12 and look around and not need to pay extra? Also, I cant wait for Buena Vista Street because we wont always have huge tents as the entrance to a theme park! Woot woot! Where will they put this stuff in 2012, granted the festival is still around?
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

5 bucks for three pieces of cheese and some grapes is just wrong. That's all I have to say.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by MTdizzle94 View Post
    Question: can you buy food at Stage 12 and look around and not need to pay extra?

yes
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Hey Everyone,

I wanted to pose a quick question to you all. We were lucky enough to pick up a couple of bottles signed by John and Nancy Lasseter and their winemaker Julia Lantosca after their presentation yesterday. Initially we bought the wine with intent to drink them, not knowing they were going to be signed (Yes, we were LUCKY!). So now the question, do any of you out there collect signed wine bottles? How do you store/display them? Anyone ever temped to drink them? We are likely to go back next weekend to get a few unsigned just to try.
    Thoughts? Thanks!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier

IMO, signed empty bottles display just as well as full ones. Wine is made to drink and enjoy. We got a few signed by him also. We'll probably enjoy the wine. I already have several empties signed by Fess Parker. BTW, those of you who do buy a few bottles at the Festival Store. Either watch them as they get bundled up or open the packaging before you leave package pick up. When we got home one of the bottles of Poggio del Papa we purchased turned out to be a bottle of J Vineyard Pinot Noir autographed to a Tom and Mary. I bet they're not happy.
    Mike

• Minion

looks like u got a little added treat

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by MTdizzle94 View Post
    Question: can you buy food at Stage 12 and look around and not need to pay extra? Also, I cant wait for Buena Vista Street because we wont always have huge tents as the entrance to a theme park! Woot woot! Where will they put this stuff in 2012, granted the festival is still around?
    The old Hollywood and Dine location would seem like a good place for future food and wine festivals, if they want to keep it in DCA, which I assume they would like to do.

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Here are some sample of the food I got at the Food and Wine Festival: Food Demonstration.

This was last Friday:

These were from last year:

This was from 2 years ago. I like when they use the black plate. It makes the sample look fancy and expensive looking. They used to have the food demonstration at Pacific Wharf near the sourdough factory:

My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    5 bucks for three pieces of cheese and some grapes is just wrong. That's all I have to say.
    It really depends on the cheeses there are serving. There are some cheeses out there I would pay $5 for a BITE and it would be totally worth it.

• Banned User

i get my cheese platters from the winery its 4 smoke chedders, 3 or 4 asiago and 3 or 2 small slabs of blue cheese , olives crackers and apples... now that is worth the price ,it makes a great snack and fills me up

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast