Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: VIP Tour

Smile VIP Tour

Hello Everyone,

First time creating a thread here, so I apologize in advance if I am posting in the wrong place.

My family and I (myself, my wife, 5 yr old boy, 3 month old girl) are heading to Disneyland at the end of April for my wife's 40th birthday. I wanted to do something special for all of us, and have signed up for a VIP tour for on her Birthday day.

We have been to Disneyland 7 times over the past 3 years, though this will be our first trip in a year. I had initially thought about the Walking In Walt's Footsteps tour, but wasn't sure that the 5 year old would make it.

Would anyone be willing to share experiences with recent VIP tours, and whether they thought it was worth it? Has anyone ever taken wee ones on the WIWF tour?

Any help/opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
    Bill

• Closed Account

Re: VIP Tour

The WiWF tour is great, but you might want to think about it before you take the five year old. It's a lot of listening and walking, and doesn't necessarily include the attractions that most kids that age are interested in. Unless you have an uncommonly patient child, it might not be the best fit. I'd wait to take him until he might appreciate and retain more of the information.

I would however, highly recommend the Discover the Magic tour. It's a scavenger hunt-style tour that relies heavily on group participation for everyone involve (big kids and little kids alike). It's more likely to keep the attention of the little one, and if you and your wife are willing have some good, old-fashioned, silly fun, it's a great time for all. The tours tend to be pretty small, so you'll get a lot of individual participation for your son. Also, most of the guides are quite knowledgeable about the Parks, and if you ask questions about parts of the park you're interested in, you'll likely get some neat facts similarly to the WiWF tour (some of the guides even give both tours).

• Yes, that is my real name

The Far Northern, California, United States
    Blog Entries

It depends on how you child is, at 5 my daughter was super fidgety and got bored easily. Now she recently turned 9 and she loves stuff like that! My nephew at 5 was always very quiet and would just go with the program, however, now at 8 he's learned if he doesn't like something he can voice his opinion. The walking part of the tour probably isn't an issue if your child is used to walking around a bit. As far as for adults, the tour is FABULOUS!!!
    Yaye!

Blog Entries

Side note, there is a guided scavenger hunt, that one is awesome! It's super interactive and kids and adults can really enjoy it. We liked that one because the kids and adults had to work together, so it was a super fun way to bond!
    Yaye!

We loved the Discover the Magic tour (the scavenger hunt) because we got to go on some rides (Train, Pirates, tarzan's, Buzz and Carousel ), we looked for treasure and solved a puzzle then showed it to Mickey and had a very long audience with the Mouse himself. We were the only family on the tour so got personal attention and since we were okay with being silly she had us buzzing like bees through the park, and singing through Fantasyland. Our girls were 4 at the time and loved it.

Blog Entries

That's awesome, we were the only ones on the tour too!!! lol, my daughter said it confirmed the fact she wants to be a celeb someday because she likes that kind of treatment! lol
    Yaye!

• Time tells the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by level42 View Post

My family and I (myself, my wife, 5 yr old boy, 3 month old girl) are heading to Disneyland at the end of April for my wife's 40th birthday. I wanted to do something special for all of us, and have signed up for a VIP tour for on her Birthday day.
    Is there a specific VIP tour or do all the tours fall into that category?

I had to come out of lurking to warn you, that the VIP tour might not be what you expect it to be. I went on one with a group of friends last year, and we stopped it halfway through and asked for our money back. This was after talking with our guide's supervisors several times. It was obvious to us that she was irritated about being stuck with 'normal' people like us. She had no plan for us, she had no history to tell us about anything. She did try to tell us a story about the carousel, but it was wrong. She said that she never did the WIWF tour, so she didn't know all the history. She was used to just walking around with celebrities. It was a waste of money for us, she literally just followed us around. Hopefully if you do it, you have a better experience.

• Hello

Cool Re: VIP Tour

I have never been on a tour. Normally I just guide my family around, but that's just me...

Thanks for the replies everyone!

While I do agree that the Discover the Magic would be great for the 5 year old, I am not sure that it would be the special gift that I would want my wife to have for her birthday.

Mousekadoer, thanks for the tip, sorry yours was such a bad experience, I hope ours goes much better.

Fortune Cookie, yes, there is a VIP tour that is different than the others.

So, any tips for making my VIP tour a good one?

Thanks everyone!
    Bill

• Wishing upon a star....

I've never done the VIP Tour and am excited to learn how it turns out for you.

I did do the Happiest Haunts tour for the first time last year and it was so much fun. We enjoyed it greatly and it made us want to try other tours. We just haven't decided what tour to do next.

• Happiest Girl On Earth

Quote Originally Posted by level42 View Post

So, any tips for making my VIP tour a good one?
    I would recommend thinking of things that you want to do before you get there, and tell your guide so they can make sure you hit those things. Also, if there are some things that you do NOT want to do or that you, your wife, or your kids HATE doing, tell them! It's an experience that it supposed to be tailored toward you and it would be silly to pay for it if you don't get a personalized experience. This includes things such as interest in dining reservations, reserved viewing for shows (parades, Aladdin, even Playhouse Disney Live on Stage), etc.

Although I'm sorry to hear another user say that they were disappointed that their guide didn't have any facts, one must remember that this is not a guided tour. Not all VIP guides are trained on the WIWF tour so not all of them have 3.5 hours of facts about Walt/the park, although they all do know some fun tidbits here and there. Also, your VIP guide doesn't know whether or not you want any facts unless you tell them. In fact, I would recommend telling Disney Special Activities (the department that books the tours) if you want a guide who has knowledge on the Walt tour but is also good with kids. They will certainly go out of their way to find a guide to fit your requests.

Overall, I suppose you can sum up my recommendations by saying: TELL THEM. Your guide doesn't know what you want if you don't tell them what you want. I assure you, they want to make your day worthwhile!

There I was somewhere West of Tomorrowland
    Flying through the stars just like
    Peter Pan
    I said...Dang this looks too good to be true...

It's a nice day when you wake up in
    Disneyland...
    -Five For Fighting, "Disneyland"

• let's talk Disney, okay!

man o man! after hearing all this great stuff about the tours, I want to do one!

been going to the park since 1985 (granted, i was 7 months old, but still!) and never taken a tour. I guess now is the time to try it!

The Few, The Proud, The Fans Fan of Light Magic!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

So the VIP tour is just having a plaid with you in the park? Like the $200/hour one?
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• let's talk Disney, okay!

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    So the VIP tour is just having a plaid with you in the park? Like the $200/hour one?
    from the Disneyland Website:

Experience the VIP treatment as only Disney can provide! Our VIP Tour Services team customizes your vacation so you spend your time playing, not planning. Prepare to be pampered with a Disney VIP Tour!

From the moment you arrive, your personal VIP Guide is there to take care of everything:
    • Creates your ideal personalized itinerary
    • Serves as your personal guide, host, concierge and storyteller
    • Obtains priority seating at some of our premier restaurants
    • Arranges reserved seating for certain shows, parades and nighttime spectaculars

Tour Length: Six hour minimum.
    Price Info: $125 per hour for up to 10 Guests; $150 per hour if booked less than 48 hours in advance

Additional Information

• <LI class=bodyList3>This tour does not offer expedited access to attractions. <LI class=bodyList3>Valid Theme Park admission is required.
      <LI class=bodyList3>Tour times and elements including attractions are subject to change without notice. Please check upon arrival with the Guided Tour Gardens for the latest information.
    • Tours may be booked by calling Disney Special Activities at (714) 300-7710.
    Thought it was interesting that they put the point about the VIP tour will not expidite access to attractions.

The Few, The Proud, The Fans Fan of Light Magic!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast