Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: DCA Land Idea

• Armchair Imagineer

Re: DCA Land Idea

Quote Originally Posted by MistaDee View Post
    Something i outlined real quick, no idea if it's feasible to have a dark ride over a water ride. (They did it in Tokyo!((though it was dry for wet)) but then again, that was Tokyo)

Scribble Maps - Draw on google maps with scribblings and more!

The version of WRE - ey ride would be a stage coach tour of new mine shareholdings and ineveitably something goes wrong and we are held up but then escape down the side of the mountain. (Journey to the center of the earthish type ride with less emphasis on speed)
    Wait, get rid of GRR? Or cantilever this over it? Kinda nuts either way, really!

• Armchair Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by AGD View Post
    Curse you, out-of-date Google maps!!!!

(Oh, well...two big drops & three stories, then )
    And then we can have big plate glass windows on the DVC side with a themed exterior, so people staying on the 1st and 2nd floors will have Audio Animatronic miners sing them to sleep each night...the very latest in themed hotel rooms!!

Don't worry...I'm totally kidding!

Wait, get rid of GRR? Or cantilever this over it? Kinda nuts either way, really!
    Have the show scenes that are the heaviest in the Redwood creek challenge trail area and have the sparser ones built into a mountain that would be constructed into GRR and the areas it was over in GRR would become tunnelish areas with a Grizzly story overlay. When the WRE would pass over the walkway it would only do so twice and it would exist like a rickety thing that could be quite dramatic. The tunnels on GRR could let the bears actually have some importance as if they were just outside it would be much less theatrical and they would wear out a la Jurassic Park.

• Armchair Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by MistaDee View Post
    Have the show scenes that are the heaviest in the Redwood creek challenge trail area and have the sparser ones built into a mountain that would be constructed into GRR and the areas it was over in GRR would become tunnelish areas with a Grizzly story overlay. When the WRE would pass over the walkway it would only do so twice and it would exist like a rickety thing that could be quite dramatic. The tunnels on GRR could let the bears actually have some importance as if they were just outside it would be much less theatrical and they would wear out a la Jurassic Park.
    I've been squabbling with Trevor all day about the merits of unfeasible attraction ideas, so I feel kinda guilty for liking this...

On the other hand, it does allow for a very cool new attraction, and GRR would be immensely improved by indoor scenes and more complicated grizzly AA's...that counts as a legitimate need, right?

(Can I still be on record saying it's nuts?)

• MargyDisneylandLover

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    Knott's had a pan-for-gold attraction years ago and it was fun! You walked downhill through a mine tunnel with scenery and sounds, and in the gulch at the bottom you panned for gold, and what you got was put in a small glass vial. Just a fleck of it, but it was gold. You paid a small fee to do this, but it was popular. It might even still be there, or a variation of it, I'm not sure.

my brother and i still have our little vials of gold from the early 90's it was really fun
    My Name Is Margy and I am a mint julepaholic.
    Disneyland freak since my first trip when I turned 6 months old...september 1987!!
    "I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things."
    ~* Uncle Walt *~
    2014 gumball rally team: Skyway sweethearts

​Proud premium Annual Passholder since May 2nd, 2014

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyManiac View Post
    Where did you see that concept art?
    It's in the book Disney Moutains or something to that extent. I know there was once a upon a time a thread about it here. Hmmm I'll look.

• let's talk Disney, okay!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    Knott's had a pan-for-gold attraction years ago and it was fun! You walked downhill through a mine tunnel with scenery and sounds, and in the gulch at the bottom you panned for gold, and what you got was put in a small glass vial. Just a fleck of it, but it was gold. You paid a small fee to do this, but it was popular. It might even still be there, or a variation of it, I'm not sure.

i think i might have mine somewhere. if i can find it i will post a picture of it!

and yes, Disney needs a panning for gold attraction!

The Few, The Proud, The Fans Fan of Light Magic!

(Can I still be on record saying it's nuts?)[/QUOTE]

It is without a doubt completely and totally

I've been squabbling with Trevor all day about the merits of unfeasible attraction ideas, so I feel kinda guilty for liking this...

On the other hand, it does allow for a very cool new attraction, and GRR would be immensely improved by indoor scenes and more complicated grizzly AA's...that counts as a legitimate need, right?

(Can I still be on record saying it's nuts?)
    Also it would help mask PP from high paying hotel patrons who want to be immersed in GP.

• Addicted to Disney

Yeah, GRR can become the Jungle Cruise of DCA (except, no skipper and more thrilling!)

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyManiac View Post
    Yeah, GRR can become the Jungle Cruise of DCA (except, no skipper and more thrilling!)
    ......Let's let grr and jungle cruise have water and animals being the only shared attributes.

The whole point of DCA was to be different from Disneyland. Not to be mean but you do this a lot with the whole Mystic Manor is the Haunted Mansion of DCA. The whole point is to be different!
    Last edited by MistaDee; 02-07-2010 at 11:39 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234