Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 56 of 56

Thread: DCA Land Idea

  1. #46

    • Armchair Imagineer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    back at the ol' drawing board...
    Posts
    390

    Re: DCA Land Idea

    Quote Originally Posted by MistaDee View Post
    Something i outlined real quick, no idea if it's feasible to have a dark ride over a water ride. (They did it in Tokyo!((though it was dry for wet)) but then again, that was Tokyo)

    Scribble Maps - Draw on google maps with scribblings and more!

    The version of WRE - ey ride would be a stage coach tour of new mine shareholdings and ineveitably something goes wrong and we are held up but then escape down the side of the mountain. (Journey to the center of the earthish type ride with less emphasis on speed)
    Wait, get rid of GRR? Or cantilever this over it? Kinda nuts either way, really!

  2. #47

    • Armchair Imagineer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    back at the ol' drawing board...
    Posts
    390

    Re: DCA Land Idea

    Quote Originally Posted by AGD View Post
    Curse you, out-of-date Google maps!!!!

    (Oh, well...two big drops & three stories, then )
    And then we can have big plate glass windows on the DVC side with a themed exterior, so people staying on the 1st and 2nd floors will have Audio Animatronic miners sing them to sleep each night...the very latest in themed hotel rooms!!

    Don't worry...I'm totally kidding!

  3. #48

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    689

    Re: DCA Land Idea

    Quote Originally Posted by AGD View Post
    Wait, get rid of GRR? Or cantilever this over it? Kinda nuts either way, really!
    Have the show scenes that are the heaviest in the Redwood creek challenge trail area and have the sparser ones built into a mountain that would be constructed into GRR and the areas it was over in GRR would become tunnelish areas with a Grizzly story overlay. When the WRE would pass over the walkway it would only do so twice and it would exist like a rickety thing that could be quite dramatic. The tunnels on GRR could let the bears actually have some importance as if they were just outside it would be much less theatrical and they would wear out a la Jurassic Park.

  4. #49

    • Armchair Imagineer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    back at the ol' drawing board...
    Posts
    390

    Re: DCA Land Idea

    Quote Originally Posted by MistaDee View Post
    Have the show scenes that are the heaviest in the Redwood creek challenge trail area and have the sparser ones built into a mountain that would be constructed into GRR and the areas it was over in GRR would become tunnelish areas with a Grizzly story overlay. When the WRE would pass over the walkway it would only do so twice and it would exist like a rickety thing that could be quite dramatic. The tunnels on GRR could let the bears actually have some importance as if they were just outside it would be much less theatrical and they would wear out a la Jurassic Park.
    I've been squabbling with Trevor all day about the merits of unfeasible attraction ideas, so I feel kinda guilty for liking this...

    On the other hand, it does allow for a very cool new attraction, and GRR would be immensely improved by indoor scenes and more complicated grizzly AA's...that counts as a legitimate need, right?

    (Can I still be on record saying it's nuts?)

  5. #50

    • MargyDisneylandLover
    • Online

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Renton, Washington, United States
    Posts
    589

    Re: DCA Land Idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    Knott's had a pan-for-gold attraction years ago and it was fun! You walked downhill through a mine tunnel with scenery and sounds, and in the gulch at the bottom you panned for gold, and what you got was put in a small glass vial. Just a fleck of it, but it was gold. You paid a small fee to do this, but it was popular. It might even still be there, or a variation of it, I'm not sure.


    my brother and i still have our little vials of gold from the early 90's it was really fun
    My Name Is Margy and I am a mint julepaholic.
    Disneyland freak since my first trip when I turned 6 months old...september 1987!!
    "I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things."
    ~* Uncle Walt *~
    2014 gumball rally team: Skyway sweethearts

    ​Proud premium Annual Passholder since May 2nd, 2014


  6. #51

    • Buena Vista St. & Red Car
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Lancaster, CA
    Posts
    2,675

    Re: DCA Land Idea

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyManiac View Post
    Where did you see that concept art?
    It's in the book Disney Moutains or something to that extent. I know there was once a upon a time a thread about it here. Hmmm I'll look.

  7. #52

    • let's talk Disney, okay!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    972

    Re: DCA Land Idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    Knott's had a pan-for-gold attraction years ago and it was fun! You walked downhill through a mine tunnel with scenery and sounds, and in the gulch at the bottom you panned for gold, and what you got was put in a small glass vial. Just a fleck of it, but it was gold. You paid a small fee to do this, but it was popular. It might even still be there, or a variation of it, I'm not sure.

    i think i might have mine somewhere. if i can find it i will post a picture of it!

    and yes, Disney needs a panning for gold attraction!


    The Few, The Proud, The Fans Fan of Light Magic!

  8. #53

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    689

    Re: DCA Land Idea

    (Can I still be on record saying it's nuts?)[/QUOTE]

    It is without a doubt completely and totally

  9. #54

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    689

    Re: DCA Land Idea

    Quote Originally Posted by AGD View Post
    I've been squabbling with Trevor all day about the merits of unfeasible attraction ideas, so I feel kinda guilty for liking this...

    On the other hand, it does allow for a very cool new attraction, and GRR would be immensely improved by indoor scenes and more complicated grizzly AA's...that counts as a legitimate need, right?

    (Can I still be on record saying it's nuts?)
    Also it would help mask PP from high paying hotel patrons who want to be immersed in GP.

  10. #55

    • Addicted to Disney
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    417

    Re: DCA Land Idea

    Yeah, GRR can become the Jungle Cruise of DCA (except, no skipper and more thrilling!)

  11. #56

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    689

    Re: DCA Land Idea

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyManiac View Post
    Yeah, GRR can become the Jungle Cruise of DCA (except, no skipper and more thrilling!)
    ......Let's let grr and jungle cruise have water and animals being the only shared attributes.

    The whole point of DCA was to be different from Disneyland. Not to be mean but you do this a lot with the whole Mystic Manor is the Haunted Mansion of DCA. The whole point is to be different!
    Last edited by MistaDee; 02-07-2010 at 11:39 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Similar Threads

  1. What would be your Idea for a new "Land" in DisneyLand or WDW?
    By AlwaysImagineer in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 04-18-2008, 09:08 PM
  2. Idea for a Land Within a land in Epcot!!
    By nnic in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-13-2007, 07:24 AM
  3. DCA: New land Idea: Connection of wasted space
    By DL_CRAZE in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-31-2007, 04:00 PM
  4. "Valley of Villainy" land idea
    By filmfreak11 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 06-17-2006, 01:36 AM
  5. New land idea
    By InwardSinger in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-15-2005, 02:22 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •