Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: DCA Land Idea

• Addicted to Disney

DCA Land Idea

I have an idea for a new land for DCA. We would tear down San Francisco Street because that would interfere with this new land. I have no idea where this would go but, here I go: This new land would be themed to when SF was a boomtown in the 1850s. It would be a long street with one restaurant, 3 shops, and 2 major attractions. One of the major attractions would be a Gold Rushy take Western River Expedition. The opening scene would be when James Marshall discovers gold near Sutter's Mill. The next scene would be when whatever his name is is running down the streets about gold. You would continue on through numerous scenes about the gold rush. This would be DCA's solution to POTC. This next idea is more Blue Sky. It would be about a bandit who's robbed a Wells Fargo (if we can get rights to) and we go chasing after him. A sub-land would be connected to it called 'Mining Camp.' It would have kiddy rides themed to the gold rush. There would also be a river where you could mine "gold." So what do you think? Where would you put it in DCA? Start discussing!

• Hello

Cool Re: DCA Land Idea

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyManiac View Post
    It would have kiddy rides themed to the gold rush.
    Isn't that the single most important reason why Disney parks were created, to avoid "kiddy rides." The whole idea is to do something that everyone can enjoy. Other wise I guess it'd be a cool area, not too much room though. Oh, and let it be known that I like the SF theming right now, even without an actual ride.

Re: DCA Land Idea

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyManiac View Post
    I have an idea for a new land for DCA. We would tear down San Francisco Street because that would interfere with this new land. I have no idea where this would go but, here I go: This new land would be themed to when SF was a boomtown in the 1850s. It would be a long street with one restaurant, 3 shops, and 2 major attractions. One of the major attractions would be a Gold Rushy take Western River Expedition. The opening scene would be when James Marshall discovers gold near Sutter's Mill. The next scene would be when whatever his name is is running down the streets about gold. You would continue on through numerous scenes about the gold rush. This would be DCA's solution to POTC. This next idea is more Blue Sky. It would be about a bandit who's robbed a Wells Fargo (if we can get rights to) and we go chasing after him. A sub-land would be connected to it called 'Mining Camp.' It would have kiddy rides themed to the gold rush. There would also be a river where you could mine "gold." So what do you think? Where would you put it in DCA? Start discussing!
    Really dude? I just posted this in some other thread with less detail.

• Hello

Quote Originally Posted by MistaDee View Post
    Really dude? I just posted this in some other thread with less detail.
    Ok, so I'll tell you, I guess it be cool. But I kinda like the SF the way it is now, without a ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Peoplemover Priit View Post
    Ok, so I'll tell you, I guess it be cool. But I kinda like the SF the way it is now, without a ride.
    The San Francisco Bathroom Experience? Shoot thats an E ticket if I've ever seen one.

• Banned User

Good idea! I can see this merging with the Grizzly Peak area really well.

• The Study of Wumbo

Is there enough room? Plus, would it clash with Paradise Pier?

And maybe it doesn't fit in with the new vision of the park, as the California that Walt Disney encountered.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

• Minion

Knott's had a pan-for-gold attraction years ago and it was fun! You walked downhill through a mine tunnel with scenery and sounds, and in the gulch at the bottom you panned for gold, and what you got was put in a small glass vial. Just a fleck of it, but it was gold. You paid a small fee to do this, but it was popular. It might even still be there, or a variation of it, I'm not sure.

• Hello

Quote Originally Posted by MistaDee View Post
    The San Francisco Bathroom Experience? Shoot thats an E ticket if I've ever seen one.
    HaHaHaHaHa!!!! It might be an E-Ticket, but I said ride. But then again there is only one ride in Disneyland (and DCA I believe).

• MC's #1 Mars Volta fan

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    Knott's had a pan-for-gold attraction years ago and it was fun! You walked downhill through a mine tunnel with scenery and sounds, and in the gulch at the bottom you panned for gold, and what you got was put in a small glass vial. Just a fleck of it, but it was gold. You paid a small fee to do this, but it was popular. It might even still be there, or a variation of it, I'm not sure.

I don't think it's still there, but my dad's told me about it and he loved it.
    The kiosk in my temporal lobe is shaped like Rosalynn Carter!
    http://mongrelarchitect.tumblr.com/
    http://twitter.com/#!/coolstoryaj

Quote Originally Posted by Peoplemover Priit View Post
    HaHaHaHaHa!!!! It might be an E-Ticket, but I said ride. But then again there is only one ride in Disneyland (and DCA I believe).
    On a more serious not you really like San Francisco only represented by a stretch of pink ladies?

• We Go On.

^I do, and I'm supposed to be biased because I live around the Bay area.

Quote Originally Posted by WDITrent View Post
    ^I do, and I'm supposed to be biased because I live around the Bay area.
    As do I. May I ask why you only want that representation in dca. (not to turn this into a debate over how well different parts of the state are represented, I only bring this up because I feel the theme is convenient to the storytelling.)

• Addicted to Disney

I've never heard of the attraction at knott's. How long ago was that?

• Addicted to Disney

When I say "kiddie ride" I mean like the rides in Bug's Land, not like the ones where there's a maximum height limit and only kids can go on them. It's fine to have them in DCA because Walt had some DL too. (Like the teacups and Dumbo)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast