Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

New Tomorrowland ideas

Hi, This is my first Thread I want to show what I would for a new Tomorrowland, Prepare for a long list of ideas so please keep you hands on the mouse at all times

Astro ride would be put back on top of the People mover. Add second story to star tours building for a band new Adventures though inner space above Star Tours and have the loading area where Starcade is. Area that is occupied by Reds pizza court would be a brand new ride in which you travel to a future city and you can cause objects to move or do there function and front of you and you chose how the rides ends. Tear down Hista/eo Theatre and restore The speed ramps. Add second story to Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters and put 360 Theatre and put speed ramps where Astro blasters Fastpass area is. Redo Astro Blasters so it is longer, get rid of ideas that it is a mix between toy buzz and space buzz to avoid confusion and use some of the technology that midway mania uses to improve the ride. In Innovations building put a brand new carousal of progress in which Wilbur Robinson from meet the Robinsons guide you through progress of time and technology and talk about how people keep moving forward and discorving new things. Build a new two story restaurant behind the tomorrow land Terrance stage (I would keep the stage) and have views of Tomorrowland like the lagoon, space Mountain and more while serving good food at good prices. Change the autopia to run on electric motors and plat a lot more plants along the route to make it look lusher. I would put a brand new ride back stage behind star tours which would be inspired by Mission to space, You would be part of a training mission one person is driver, one person controls a laser gun if it is needed, one person controls the power and the last person navigates. During the mission you get stuck in a comet field and you have to fly out and it can end many different ways, one way you get out and complete your mission, one you ship can take too much damage and have to return to Earth, one ending you get sucked into a black hole but you are rescued before it too late, long story short it can end in many different ways and you have to work as a team to succeed. Also the thing you ride in rotate to what direction youíre going and it would feel realistic, I donít think it would ever become a reality but I thought I would tell you anyway, Sigh. I would put a new Space stage next to it that would be indoors and you could look up and see stars and planets. The new people mover would become part of the rides, in star tours you would go to a hanger and see a star speeder taking off and etc. There would be a new Tron scene where you people mover takes a wrong turn and you would be in front of the machine that sent Flynn into the game grid and it would fire at you then everything would go dark. Hereís the fun part you would be in the light cycle game dodging the light cycles and making tight turns to avoid slamming into the walls left by the light cycles and to make it convincing you people mover would acutely speed up. The people mover would go back to normal speed once it was done. I would put a new skyway station behind the innovations building and it would be very long building to there is enough room to get people off without stopping the ride and it would be fully enclosed with Air conditioning. Star Tours 2 would get a few more simulators with one left untouched so people could ride the original. Fastpass would be removed from all of the rides and the outside of all the rides would be repainted and rethemed. Thatís all I can think off for the time being, I hope you like my ideas

If you managed to read all of this well done, If I have made some mistakes please point them out as I am fully sure of the layout of Tomorrowland. I will make diagram for this sometime and once I do I will post If I know how to.

• We Go On.

Re: New Tomorrowland ideas

I love all of your great ideas, but there simply isn't room for it, as well as the space for the traffic that rides above rides would bring. Star Tours may be able to gain a couple of simulators if you sacrificed the extended queue area. Also, the Magic Eye theater doesn't necissarily need to be ripped out to have the speedramps back, but it would certainly be nice.

The reason I am riping Magic eye theater is because I don't think anything can save it, I finished the diargram but I don't know how to post it

Quote Originally Posted by Disney fan 24 View Post
    The reason I am riping Magic eye theater is because I don't think anything can save it, I finished the diargram but I don't know how to post it
    I think it should come out too they could do something great with the space. And putting pics in....it's beyond me as well I mo how to do it from a website but not how to do it from a scan. And welcome to micechat

• =)

If you'd like to post an image from your hard drive, the best way is to upload it to a site such as Imageshack or Photobucket. These will then give you a code you can paste into your post, and the image will show up here.

Looking forward to hearing/seeing more!

• A Suitcase & A Dream

Like much of Disneyland space is a big issue in Tomorrowland, I thought that the old Knott's ride XK-1 would be a good addition because it could use the former location of the Rocket Jets, people would still get the same experience of flying high above Tomorrowland with the addition of barrel rolls. Here's a pic.

That Would be great, good idea imaginerthat

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Likely Making Changes

Blog Entries

I always like to suggest that a Dartron Downdraft would be a great substitute for the Astro Orbiter. Of course it would have to be put back in its rightful place.

I wonder what Disney would have to do to make a space themed version with a larger capacity.

I think it would be very hard to make that ride to have more capacity, but it still a good idea

• Addicted to Disney

Bring back Carousel of Progress but please don't make it based on Meet the Robinsons. Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Likely Making Changes

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Disney fan 24 View Post
    I think it would be very hard to make that ride to have more capacity, but it still a good idea
    An off the shelf model is not expandable (and they only come racked) but a model fabricated from scratch, but using the same technology would be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyManiac View Post
    Bring back Carousel of Progress but please don't make it based on Meet the Robinsons. Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wilber Robinson would have been the only person from the film in the ride and all he would do is begun the ride and he would then vanish for the rest of it, The new version I would make would be a bit different once past Wilbur Robinson is do different periods instedd of the 1900, 1920, 1940, Future, Stairs to Model it would be 1900, 1950, 1980, 2010, Future

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TrevorD View Post
    I always like to suggest that a Dartron Downdraft would be a great substitute for the Astro Orbiter. Of course it would have to be put back in its rightful place.

I wonder what Disney would have to do to make a space themed version with a larger capacity.
    I actually think both of these rides would be cool additions and look fun. Anything that removed the AO and goes back on the platform would be good to me. But my one concern is I would prefer vehicles that still let you steer somehow.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Likely Making Changes

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    I actually think both of these rides would be cool additions and look fun. Anything that removed the AO and goes back on the platform would be good to me. But my one concern is I would prefer vehicles that still let you steer somehow.
    The one downfall of my plan. However, I was toying with the concept of a super special downdraft model where you could control when your "rocket" launched upward.

I like that the OP is basically stacking "old" Tomorrowland on top of "new" Tomorrowland.

Really folks, I think for the most part, we all just want old Tomorrowland back.

I am always in favor of returning the Rocket Jets to the top of the PM platform, and a new PM being put in. I do like the idea of having a version with the barrel roll capabilities.
    That would ad an extra rush of excitement to spinning high above TL!

I like alot of the ideas, but as stated above, space (room) is the issue here. I would love to see the Autopia have electric cars, and some good cohesive theming and landscaping.
    I think an updated version of the TL of the 1967-1970's era would be awesome. Of course with some new, original, attractions, E-tickets and otherwise.
    It would be nice to see something worhy of the wonderful COP building be put in there as well.

I always hesitate to post in these TL armchair imagineering threads, because once you start typing you realize just how much can be done!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast