• Minion

Talking Fantasmic Buffet Questions

Hi. My family is interested in attending the Fantasmic Buffet during on our trip in December. Where is the buffet and priority seating? Where are the balcony seats vs. the riverside seats? Which seats are best? What kind of food and drinks are served? Is it better than watching it from say the Rivers of America or in front of Haunted Mansion? I think it would be a nice treat. I know the tickets are $56..any help would be appreciated.

Re: Fantasmic Buffet Questions

My wife and I were fortunate enough to see Fantasmic from The balcony this trip. The Balony is located at the Disneyland Gallary, and Is pretty much dead center in front of the Fantasmic Stage. The view is exceptional. a Small speaker tower slightly interferes with your view of the stage, but not enough that you will notice it once the show starts. Some trees block your views of the Rivers of America to the far right, but again you wont really notice it.

The dessert buffet is pretty good. Ours featured cheese cake, black forest cake, Vanilla petite fours, cheese, fruit, eclairs and and other similar items. The food is not spectactular, but you are paying for the view (and to not have to stake out a spot for 3 hours). You are also served beverages (coke, coffee, Mint Julups, hot Chocolate, etc).

The best spot to see the show is right at the riverside in front of the stage, but those spots are taken 3 hours before the show starts by people camping out on blankets. In my opinion, the dessert buffet is worth it simply to avoid the hassle of staking out a spot. However, tickets go very quickly. You must call at 8 AM Pacific time exactly 30 days before you wish to atted. The tickets sell out within 4 minutes each morning.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

I sat in the riverside seating in September. The view is good, but you need to get to your seats about an hour in advance to get the front row. The buffet is served from there, so you can get as much stuff as you want. We thought the food was very good (chocolate covered strawberries- worth the price for those alone!) and the service was impeccable. It was an amazing experience, everyone should do it once.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by WDWHound
    My wife and I were fortunate enough to see Fantasmic from The balcony this trip. The Balony is located at the Disneyland Gallary, and Is pretty much dead center in front of the Fantasmic Stage. The view is exceptional. a Small speaker tower slightly interferes with your view of the stage, but not enough that you will notice it once the show starts. Some trees block your views of the Rivers of America to the far right, but again you wont really notice it.

The dessert buffet is pretty good. Ours featured cheese cake, black forest cake, Vanilla petite fours, cheese, fruit, eclairs and and other similar items. The food is not spectactular, but you are paying for the view (and to not have to stake out a spot for 3 hours). You are also served beverages (coke, coffee, Mint Julups, hot Chocolate, etc).

The best spot to see the show is right at the riverside in front of the stage, but those spots are taken 3 hours before the show starts by people camping out on blankets. In my opinion, the dessert buffet is worth it simply to avoid the hassle of staking out a spot. However, tickets go very quickly. You must call at 8 AM Pacific time exactly 30 days before you wish to atted. The tickets sell out within 4 minutes each morning.
    Thanks...What number do I call for the reservations?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen
    I sat in the riverside seating in September. The view is good, but you need to get to your seats about an hour in advance to get the front row. The buffet is served from there, so you can get as much stuff as you want. We thought the food was very good (chocolate covered strawberries- worth the price for those alone!) and the service was impeccable. It was an amazing experience, everyone should do it once.
    Thanks!

I wasn't even aware that this existed.

At $56 a pop, Fantasmic Dessert Buffet kinda sounds like "Club 33 Lite" to me!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ganggreen4jc

It does sound great!

• A Pirate's life for me!

Like said above, it's something that every true DL fan should experience. Once.

We enjoyed our viewing last year. Great angle for the show and the munchies are terrific.

After you've done it once, and got it out of your system, try doing this...

For less money, you can have a sit down dinner inside Blue Bayou and then dessert at the River Belle with a front row seat and table with a great view of the show.

We've been viewing Fantasmic that way for years (even before it was popular to do it that way). That works for us!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool
    Thanks...What number do I call for the reservations?
    I beleive its (714) 781-4400

Quote Originally Posted by ganggreen4jc

Actually, thats a very good description of it. In fact, I beleive some of the wait staff working the balcony were from Club 33.

• Drunk On Disney

I did it early this month and it was great. They let you stay for the fireworks, too (but the view is not that great.)

I took advantage of the unlimited mint juleps, since I usually buy one when I go to NOS.

Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

• Senior Minion

I'd always thought it was something I would be unwilling to pay for, until I saw the view from the balcony on the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour. Now, I think it's going to be a "must-do" the next time we go down.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by WDWHound
    I beleive its (714) 781-4400
    Thanks!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMickey
    Like said above, it's something that every true DL fan should experience. Once.

We enjoyed our viewing last year. Great angle for the show and the munchies are terrific.

After you've done it once, and got it out of your system, try doing this...

For less money, you can have a sit down dinner inside Blue Bayou and then dessert at the River Belle with a front row seat and table with a great view of the show.

We've been viewing Fantasmic that way for years (even before it was popular to do it that way). That works for us!
    Thanks for the idea! I think we will try that as well on our trip in December.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie
    I did it early this month and it was great. They let you stay for the fireworks, too (but the view is not that great.)

I took advantage of the unlimited mint juleps, since I usually buy one when I go to NOS.
    Great. I love mint juleps. Thanks for the info.