Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• let's talk Disney, okay!

Re: Inside Disney's exclusive Club33, where the recession doesn't seem to matter[merg

Want to join a club? MiceChat Gold is only 15 bucks!

The Few, The Proud, The Fans Fan of Light Magic!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: Inside Disney's exclusive Club33, where the recession doesn't seem to matter[merg

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Thanks! I think I got the "B" word for it for a few weeks, too, due to some extremely oversensitive mommy-posters who feel the need to protect new members from the evil ones.

Also, I believed I was responding to a troll who thought it would be a hoot to go on a DL chat site and state that he wanted to become a member of Club33 (pay for the initiation fee and the annual fee) to go just once, and not go ever again, just for the bragging rights.
    I was being sarcastic at the time. (One day, I'm going to die of sarcasm.)

Lastly, I don't think opinionated comments on a message board are newsworthy in any way, shape, or form. I really should have altered that post after getting reinstated, since it's entirely possible that someone will still report the months-old post.

Finally lastly, note that I have been called "level-headed" on the internet, so it must be true. Take that, all you bumpy-headed posters!!
    Spoken like a true rock star.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Spoken like a true rock star.
    Hello, Cleveland!!!!

Er, Detroit!!!!
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Thanks! I think I got the "B" word for it for a few weeks, too, due to some extremely oversensitive mommy-posters who feel the need to protect new members from the evil ones.

Also, I believed I was responding to a troll who thought it would be a hoot to go on a DL chat site and state that he wanted to become a member of Club33 (pay for the initiation fee and the annual fee) to go just once, and not go ever again, just for the bragging rights.
    I was being sarcastic at the time. (One day, I'm going to die of sarcasm.)

Lastly, I don't think opinionated comments on a message board are newsworthy in any way, shape, or form. I really should have altered that post after getting reinstated, since it's entirely possible that someone will still report the months-old post.

Finally lastly, note that I have been called "level-headed" on the internet, so it must be true. Take that, all you bumpy-headed posters!!
    Sediment I only posted that paragraph of the article because it was the one in which MiceChat was mentioned. In no way did I post it to single out your post.

Sorry.

Kasey
    Crazy Works For Me!

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
    Sediment I only posted that paragraph of the article because it was the one in which MiceChat was mentioned. In no way did I post it to single out your post.

Sorry.

Kasey
    No sorries necessary from you. I think the AOL author is mistaken in using quotes from a message board as a news source, and then taking it out of context, as if that's what I think of Club33, when it was really what I thought of one specific poster's idea or plan. That's what I'm bothered by.
    (I don't mind the publicity here. But outside this fantasyland area, I'd rather not.)

As I've said countless times, if someone wants to invite me (and my wife) to Club33 AND pay for my meal, I will listen to his sales pitch and consider being his business client.
    Last edited by sediment; 02-04-2010 at 04:11 PM.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Rock Star Minion

Re: MiceChat Quoted in Story about Club 33

Quote Originally Posted by DubiousEndeavors View Post
    no such thing as bad publicity!
    If you don't want publicity, then it's all bad.

Re: Club 33

Quote Originally Posted by scorsese View Post
    I think it's a little odd to criticize Club 33 because of the recession now.. it's been around for a long time, they're certainly not going to close it down just because times are tough! Despite a recession there's always going to be people doing just fine economically.
    And if you're going to be closing down club 33 every time there's a recession then you'll be doing it pretty often (as you know... recessions and booms have been going on for ages)

The quote in question that referenced micechat was definitely out of context but I suppose that might have been one of the more "heated" ones which as yellow news goes.. is a must.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: Club 33

Quote Originally Posted by woodwanderer View Post
    And if you're going to be closing down club 33 every time there's a recession then you'll be doing it pretty often (as you know... recessions and booms have been going on for ages)

Not only that, closing Club 33 would probably put a decent amount of people out of work. That's a great way to fight a recession when people are getting on decade long waiting lists just to sniff the wallpaper there.

• Banned User

Re: Inside Disney's exclusive Club33, where the recession doesn't seem to matter(merg

Quote Originally Posted by boy33 View Post
    For what it's worth, Club 33 is way more expensive than Benihana...
    It's worth alot

I was just trying to compare that they are more expensive than what the common person can afford. I've been fortunate enough (thank god for rich friends!) to go to Mortons, and Laury's a few times, and never had to pay for it! but the prices were a bit shocking at first. But you definitely get what you pay for, that's for sure. I, along with probably most of everyone here, want into this gem of a hidden secret someday. Hopefully, I become president of Disney, and I can invite everyone here for a free dinner, on me! haha now that's dreaming....lol

a dream that i am sure most of this site has

• Disney boy at heart ;)

After wanting to go for what seems like forever I was very fortunate to have a friend of mine invite me since he is a member. Now as far as prices go it was ridiculous...I mean for Sunday Brunch I ended up spending $114 for just myself but the experience itself was pretty much priceless!!!! The free champagne didn't hurt either haha. I know we are in a recession but come on now you can't tell me that if you had the opportunity to go you wouldn't find any way possible to save up for that experience. I think I am gonna have to post a tripreport since I was a total tourist and took a ton of pics.

I think it's absolutely retarded that it costs that much. Even if I had the money to spend on something like that, it's a complete waste of money for what you get. It's basically a club for people that like showing off money... like when rappers or athletes buy $200 bottles of champagne at night clubs just to spray on the crowd.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123