Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Boring Question About the Way Space Mountain Operates

The rockets are always spaced out with one bock break between them on the track and the one thing that annoys me about the close spacing is when you make the first turn in space, right before the last lift hill. a car passes right next to you in the other direction on your right. this happens at the same time and place every time, but unless you are looking for it you do not see it.

• Special Agent

Quote Originally Posted by WDITrent View Post
    But anyone else can answer too, and it would be very welcome.
    There are two answers to this really.

The dispatch interval can change based on the weight of the rocket.

A train on the lift moves slower than a train on the course, so once a train leaves the lift, the distance between it and the train behind it (still on the lift) will increase.

Depending on the weight of the train, the spacing of the trains can change during the course of the ride, so i doubt it's ever set at 30 seconds exactly.

• We Go On.

Quote Originally Posted by revol yensid View Post
    The loading process is so short because the rocket must also be unloaded simultaneously, giving you only half of those 22 seconds to get in. Add in the time to advance the rocket from each position and park before loading and that reduces the time even more. Finally, loading the rockets in as short a time possible allows for the occasional person to take some extra time during boarding and hopefully not breakdown the ride. Hope that answers your question!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLiver View Post
    There are two answers to this really.

The dispatch interval can change based on the weight of the rocket.

A train on the lift moves slower than a train on the course, so once a train leaves the lift, the distance between it and the train behind it (still on the lift) will increase.

Depending on the weight of the train, the spacing of the trains can change during the course of the ride, so i doubt it's ever set at 30 seconds exactly.
    Thank you all for your explanations.

I've figured out the loading/unloading a long time ago. Yes, the CMs hurry you along to prevent a rocket having to stop at a block in the ride, which would cause the ride to go 101. There are 15 seconds maximum for a rocket to stay at the load/unload position. In these fifteen seconds, the lap bars release, the gates open, guests leave, and the guests waiting load. All in the fifteen seconds. Sometimes it only takes twelve. It's always nice with twelve seconds, in case the rocket in front is a little bit ahead.

What I've learned:
    In the ride, rockets are spaced out fifteen seconds apart, something I didn't know. I had thought the rockets were thirty seconds apart, which wouldn't make sense with the very rapid unload/load process. But now it does make sense, because rockets are fifteen seconds apart in the ride!

Now, how many rockets are normally in the ride circuit?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12