Page 10 of 262 FirstFirst ... 78910111213203560110 ... LastLast

Sad Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker II

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    ^Very nice, but this is the DISNEYLAND Project Tracker.
    I know. Pretty stupid of me, I accidentally posted it here.
    "I have been up against tough competition all my life. I wouldn't know how to get along without it"
    -Walt Disney

• Minion

Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker II

Quote Originally Posted by basketbuddy101 View Post
    I know. Pretty stupid of me, I accidentally posted it here.
    It's cool. I was just messing around.

• Minion

Just some observations from today:
    Around 10, while we were having breakfast at the Carnation Cafe, some painters came out on Main Street and started painting the bottom of the buildings between Disney Clothiers Lmd. and the Wizard of Bras.
    All day, there was a loud rumbling noise of a machine in the ROA. I was kinda distracting, but it wasn't totally out of place.
    On the outside queue of Space Mountain, there was a HUGE pile of debris that was against the wall closest to the mountain. I'm guessing that it was trash from EO, but I don't know why it would be up there?
    The park was looking GREAT today and there weren't any crowds for most of the day! Great time at the parks and looking forward for my next visit on Friday for RDCT!!

• I love my family!

Took a look around the "new" Starcade and saw something that I either hadn't noticed or may be new so I figured this was the best place to ask.

Were the old Tomorrowland lightbulbs(multilight in one bulb)never removed from the Starcade or were they recently added?

Anyone know for sure?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    Tony may be pushing for it now, but this is an old idea, probably predating Tony even. Anyway, I agree with the rest of what you say, it would be a really helpful addition and I agree that it should have an entrance at Center St. So they'll have to redo at least the front area of the lockers and some of the facades there.
    An "old idea" in what manner? Of course arcades of that sort may be old concepts, but for the DLP park, it was incorporated in the back of a very Walt like Main Street primarily due to the cold weather that Paris often receives.

I believe that they have a number of covered walkways throughout the park for similar reasons.

If they create something as nice as the DLP arcade, it will be an outstanding improvement.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by bfdf55 View Post
    An "old idea" in what manner? Of course arcades of that sort may be old concepts, but for the DLP park, it was incorporated in the back of a very Walt like Main Street primarily due to the cold weather that Paris often receives.

I believe that they have a number of covered walkways throughout the park for similar reasons.

If they create something as nice as the DLP arcade, it will be an outstanding improvement.
    I'd have to look around and see if I could find anything about it, but I can recall an article talking about the idea for DL around the late 70's.

• Senior Minion

Ok, Jim Hill talks about it in a discussion of plans from 1982, but I'm pretty sure the idea goes back even further. Here's what he said:

"What fascinating about this 1982 plan is that it was to have addressed many of the problems that Disneyland still has today. Take -- for example -- the congestion that you typically encounter on Main Street USA right after the fireworks are over and/or after a parade has just run through that theme park. The Imagineers hoped to eliminate all that by building two arcades that were to have run along the backside of all the shops found in this part of Disneyland."

You can find the complete article here:
    Jim Hill : The Disneyland expansion plan that never happened

30 Minutes from the Happiest Place on Earth

Anybody know when the Remember fireworks are returning to the park?
    "To all who come to this happy place... welcome." -Walt Disney
    "And that was without even a single drop of rum" -Jack Sparrow

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek138 View Post
    Anybody know when the Remember fireworks are returning to the park?
    They're already back. Weekends only thogh.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• is too darn hot.

I'm planning on going on a coming weekend to see 'em.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• Established 2005

Since this Arcade project is clearly going to take a while, I wish they would take a moment and finish off/add some architectural detail to the west side backstage path. This would help thin out the crowds even moreso. This pathway could be opened only in extreme circumstances, but when used, would look a bit less industrial, and also less haphazard 'oh my, we have more people exiting than we planned, so open up the backstage gate and herd 'em out!'

Maybe some lattice along the Jungle Cruise berm and some arbors running width-wise overhead? SOMETHING! As the east side project will take time, this way they would be prepared for the summer crowds that will no doubt be fed through that path until the other side is ready for traffic.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ErikInTheCity View Post
    Since this Arcade project is clearly going to take a while, I wish they would take a moment and finish off/add some architectural detail to the west side backstage path. This would help thin out the crowds even moreso. This pathway could be opened only in extreme circumstances, but when used, would look a bit less industrial, and also less haphazard 'oh my, we have more people exiting than we planned, so open up the backstage gate and herd 'em out!'

Maybe some lattice along the Jungle Cruise berm and some arbors running width-wise overhead? SOMETHING! As the east side project will take time, this way they would be prepared for the summer crowds that will no doubt be fed through that path until the other side is ready for traffic.
    I assume that they are trying to eliminate the use of this side by opening the other done up properly.

• Miss Teen Fresno of RCMC

Quote Originally Posted by TrevorD View Post
    They have had to reempty and clean the RoA twice too. Do you think this will delay the referb there too?
    i would think so. i know it's the off-season and all and a good time for construction, but between january and may is like the rainy season, so i would have to think there could be more rain, and more delay, just putting that out there
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Does anyone have an idea when captain EO will Open? I know it has been said february 2010 we are almost a third of the way through february, any thoughts?

• Fireworks Finatic!

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdshiftCM View Post
    Took a look around the "new" Starcade and saw something that I either hadn't noticed or may be new so I figured this was the best place to ask.

Were the old Tomorrowland lightbulbs(multilight in one bulb)never removed from the Starcade or were they recently added?

Anyone know for sure?
    Those light bulbs have been in there ever since I can remember. At least to before the 1998 Tomorrowland redo.. I guess it keeps the "stars" effect going in there.