Page 101 of 262 FirstFirst ... 5176919899100101102103104111126151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 3918

• Golden Dreamer!

Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker II

I dont think the rumored passage between the back and front will happen.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

On what side?

• long time listener

Quote Originally Posted by Sub_Voyage fan View Post
    I dont think the rumored passage between the back and front will happen.
    i don't either, but they already have allowed guests to go backstage that way to exit behind Coke Corner all the way down to City Hall. Horrible show!! if they themed it since they obviously need it, why not throw in an offshoot to Adventureland?

• Golden Dreamer!

Quote Originally Posted by ScienceProject View Post
    i don't either, but they already have allowed guests to go backstage that way to exit behind Coke Corner all the way down to City Hall. Horrible show!! if they themed it since they obviously need it, why not throw in an offshoot to Adventureland?
    Because there are other support facilities behind there. There is also a break room and other things. So themeing may be hard. Also that path is ONLY used on busy days.

• Banned User

Yeah I seen it open a few times and I ALWAYS want to go lol. But I missed it TWICE when they already close it to let traffic through it. I've seen backstage areas of TDL and TDS so would love to see a little of DL's backstage too .

And I dont think it needs to be themed, its only to let guest through when its crazy busy and its probably would be more disruptive for the employees if they do that.

Quote Originally Posted by WestsideCM99 View Post
    Its the planters in the middle that make it so congested but from what I understand they are necessary to help split the traffic after Fantasmic.
    Adventureland is one-way after Fantasmic! The planters are there to break up what would be a large swath of pavement.

• Future Indy Castmember

Just got back from DL and Fantasmic! testing/rehersals are going on tonight.

Before the park closed they had the pyro barges on the right and center of the island set up and the middle light tower ready. Also the Columbia was in position and saw one of the monkey/princesses barges parked on the side next to the dock for the Mark Twain and Columbia.

As I left, I passed by ROA again and saw the Mark Twain getting out of Fowlers Harbor. Good to see it finally moving again (for me its the first time, I know it probably has moved before.)

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

Does the Mark Twain re-open this weekend? I was suppose to go this week.

• Future Indy Castmember

I saw the Indy poster last night! I was very happy!

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• Senior Minion

those posters a cool. The monorail looks futuristic hahaahah

• We Go On.

Quote Originally Posted by SS77 View Post
    True. But the rest look kinda old fashioned. I remember seeing someone post that they didn't want the Space Mountain poster to be posted because it looks to modern.
    Yep, back here:
    Quote Originally Posted by WDITrent View Post
    Love the new posters. They really need to convert Greg Pro's Space Mountain concept rendering into a new attraction poster. It's been killing me, because I have been looking for it for years, and now it's hanging in the Disney Gallery... but not available on Art on Demand!

EDIT: According to Disney and More, this poster is actually heading for Disneyland! Maybe Art on Demand isn't far behind.
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/__1HAWpldDa...ter%5B1%5D.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Matterhorn Boy View Post
    I hope not. That doesn't mesh with the other attraction posters at all, which have heavily stylized artwork and no photography. That looks like a brochure for a science museum.

The Mr. Toad and Jungle Cruise posters are awesome. It's nice that they employed the Swiss Family design for the Tarzan poster, but it just reminds me how awesome it would be if...y'know, the treehouse went back to the way it was. Back when it was good.

But I'm still voting for it.

• Yeti Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by SS77 View Post
    True. But the rest look kinda old fashioned. I remember seeing someone post that they didn't want the Space Mountain poster to be posted because it looks to modern.
    My beef with the Space Mountain poster isn't that it's "too modern", it's that the photoshopped photography just doesn't match the overall design of the others. I think there are a number of other newer attraction posters that fit the same bill, but none of them go as far as using photography in their design.

BTW, in the most literal sense of the word "modern" the original attraction posters (And the design of Disneyland itself) are the epitome of mid-20th century modernism. I think they're smart to stick with this aesthetic, even on posters for new attractions.

• I love my family!

There just isn't enough room in that area to allow for any kind of theme, well except for a "backstage" theme.
    That area contains the JC offline, the MS trolley offline, the backstage road for the other MS vehicles, a CM breakroom and is the back house for 4 different food locations. That's why the eastside of MS is the only logical place a new path could be created.
    There's no point in spending money to theme an area that only gets used in the most extreme situations.

And honestly as much as we might think it's "bad show" most of the GP and a lot of people on here think it's kinda cool to see the behind the scenes stuff. Which on that side is a dark ugly kinda run down looking mess.

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

this has got me asking
    is the waterfall meant to look like this on the TL side of matterhorn?

• Minion

Nope - MORE WATER should be there.