Page 111 of 262 FirstFirst ... 116186101108109110111112113114121136161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 3918

Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker II

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    That's a lie!
    Not actually. The letter doesn't say they aren't taking out the waterfalls, it says they haven't ANNOUNCED that they are taking out the waterfalls. Semantics, to be sure, but not a lie.

I'm getting ready to ramp up ... and I hope I can get a large contingent of people behind me .. and save this.

I'm coming up with all kinds of practical and realistic reasons why it makes no sense to tear this out.

This is shear stupidity on a large scale .. and I'm just getting started!
    You do realize, of course, that any petitions or whatever will likely not stop their plans? They may have some other, very good reasons for taking out the waterfalls.

I assume with the planned Disneyland Hotel remodel they will remove whats left of Fantasy Waters?

• Fireworks Finatic!

Quote Originally Posted by DJRed2000 View Post
    I assume with the planned Disneyland Hotel remodel they will remove whats left of Fantasy Waters?
    One can only hope. So sad to see it all covered in vines and trees now..

• LOL!!!!!!! (MC teen joke)

Are there any pics of the fantasy waters area today? I never can seem to find it. Lol
    The Original Teen Scene of MiceChat:
    fangalicious44 padgerfan monorailorange33 SS77 A113 animekiti4christ DapperJoshua Performerinwaiting MainStreetJake dmtnt55 MikeSkellington
    JungleCruiseFan Ckelef1 Incrediboy The Disneylander GummiBearsRock iskategoofy *disneyprincess* stevo505 Dragonfire Colorized DisneyLove littleactressann Kritter

Someone mentioned a new Indy AA after the 3 day closure... I was at Grad Nite last night (still haven't slept) and I did not notice any changes to Indy or any new AAs.

I'm getting ready to ramp up ... and I hope I can get a large contingent of people behind me .. and save this.

I'm coming up with all kinds of practical and realistic reasons why it makes no sense to tear this out.

Really? How is it stupid?

I've always thought the whole Disneyland Hotel property is dated and lame. I think it is great they are going to tear it all up and make it pretty.

And the Imagineer gave some pretty solid reasons why it should be torn out.

I'm interested to hear about all of your practical and realistic reasons why it should stay.

• I'm not really here

Can you elaborate on these reasons?

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• 2 shots on the rocks.

Just the fact that it wastes a whole lot of water seems like a good enough reason to yank it out.

Quote Originally Posted by mcstewart37 View Post
    Really? How is it stupid?

I've always thought the whole Disneyland Hotel property is dated and lame. I think it is great they are going to tear it all up and make it pretty.

And the Imagineer gave some pretty solid reasons why it should be torn out.

I'm interested to hear about all of your practical and realistic reasons why it should stay.
    I agree, i really see no reason to keep the waterfalls and stop the development of an area that could be better used by all hotel guests. The waterfalls are a nice fixture but have become more and more problematic with them being constantly closed off due to people complaining of slipping or water running into other walking areas.

Best thing to do tear them out and create a proper water area like they have planned. The Disneyland hotel property is huge and the old layout has lots of wasted space.

If i was them i would have demolished as much as possible and kept the main tower going until the rest of the area was developed then demolished the rest including the convention area and repurposed it all with a better layout.

30 Minutes from the Happiest Place on Earth

Quote Originally Posted by doppio View Post
    Just the fact that it wastes a whole lot of water seems like a good enough reason to yank it out.
    Well so does a pool and World of Color...
    "To all who come to this happy place... welcome." -Walt Disney
    "And that was without even a single drop of rum" -Jack Sparrow

• hogwarts + disneyland = ♥

removing the water falls is definitely the best choice disney has. a larger pool recreation area will provide more reasons for kids and adults to want to stay at the disneyland hotel and spend time there instead of only in parks. with a large pool area, it will give space for adults to enjoy themselves in the areas without waterslides if they want to be away from screaming, splashing, running children.

yes it would be nice if there could be both a wonderful recreational area and a calm, beautiful area to enjoy, but that is just not realistic...the DL resort just doesn't have that kind of space to incorporate everything.

i am glad that the renovations are happening. it will make me want to stay there, where as now i don't usually consider the disneyland hotel because i'd rather stay at a good neighbor hotel that is closer to theme park entrances.

flower gleam & glow...

• LOL!!!!!!! (MC teen joke)

So was at the tram stop for the structure (now I'm on the tram going to the parks) there are new billboards, the first one advertising WOC with the new logo, the second one has the new summer nightastic logo, and the third one is advertising fantasmic.
    The Original Teen Scene of MiceChat:
    fangalicious44 padgerfan monorailorange33 SS77 A113 animekiti4christ DapperJoshua Performerinwaiting MainStreetJake dmtnt55 MikeSkellington
    JungleCruiseFan Ckelef1 Incrediboy The Disneylander GummiBearsRock iskategoofy *disneyprincess* stevo505 Dragonfire Colorized DisneyLove littleactressann Kritter

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mcstewart37 View Post

Those slides they are planning on building themed to monorail pylons don't look pretty...I hope they decide to make those look a little nicer than the concept...
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Future Indy Castmember

It'll be sad to see the waterfalls go. But, its for the better. That place has been closed for most of the time i've walked the hotel grounds. Not to mention that the space has a lot of opportunity and now they are finally going to take the chance to make something that'll ensure that more people will be staying at DLH.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• Minion

Also, I think they did some more plussing on PotC. The fighting shadows look like they might have a new projector. They are larger, clearer, and more brightly lit than ever. The way it is lit looks totally different, not like the usual tweek when they get out of focus.