Page 151 of 262 FirstFirst ... 51101126141148149150151152153154161176201251 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 3918

• Nope! No grown-ups here!

Wink Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker II

Don't say fall, when talking about the DLR! You might get OSHA out there, investigating things again! Do you want them to completely seal in the Matterhorn, or something like that?! Geesh! Some people... I tell ya'...
    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker II

Did the POTC shadows during the ship battle ( they are on the fort wall to the left) get fixed?.. seems in June..they were a little dimmed out so it looked faint.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by BiggestDisneyFan View Post
    Don't say fall, when talking about the DLR! You might get OSHA out there, investigating things again! Do you want them to completely seal in the Matterhorn, or something like that?! Geesh! Some people... I tell ya'...
    I swear, your like...related to me somehow. We come up with the same stuff like this all the time. :P
    haha I bet the next thing they do to the parks is add lap restraints to the Magic Eye Theater's seats. The gentle swaying and bumping to the king of Pop's Space Jam might jostle some people out of their seats!

Quote Originally Posted by MainStreetJake View Post
    I swear, your like...related to me somehow. We come up with the same stuff like this all the time. :P
    haha I bet the next thing they do to the parks is add lap restraints to the Magic Eye Theater's seats. The gentle swaying and bumping to the king of Pop's Space Jam might jostle some people out of their seats!
    Nope. I have it on good authority that the next 'safety enhancement' that they're adding to Disneyland is large umbrellas over all of the seats in the Tiki Room. The birds, themselves, aren't considered any potential threat, but OSHA is worried that somebody might get some 'toxic substance' in an eye or an open mouth. Disney tried to explain that the birds are mechanical, but OSHA just pointed to their guidelines and refused to budge.

Oh, and as far as being related to me, I sure hope you're not. I pretty much refuse to talk to any of my relatives (other than my immediate family) any more than I absolutely have to. Also, you are from Bakersfield. Ewwww.
    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

• We Go On.

I bet Star Tours will reopen with emergency oxygen masks (secure yours first, then help children) and flotation seat cushions. Just wait. And FNSV is next.

• Banned User

Nope. I have it on good authority that the next 'safety enhancement' that they're adding to Disneyland is large umbrellas over all of the seats in the Tiki Room. The birds, themselves, aren't considered any potential threat, but OSHA is worried that somebody might get some 'toxic substance' in an eye or an open mouth. Disney tried to explain that the birds are mechanical, but OSHA just pointed to their guidelines and refused to budge.

Oh, and as far as being related to me, I sure hope you're not. I pretty much refuse to talk to any of my relatives (other than my immediate family) any more than I absolutely have to. Also, you are from Bakersfield. Ewwww.
    Really??? I heard the next safety enhancement was going to be fully enclosed beehive on Winnie The Pooh....wait.....that'd actually REALLY make the ride better. OSHA, if you're reading this.......please take note on this enhancement.

ooooh gotcha, I'm the same way. Too many nuts in the family tree for me to talk to. Yes, unfortunately I'm from Bakersfield. But I don't consider myself from here anymore. I'm in L.A so often that I just call L.A. home, which it will be for college, and after. I can't wait to get out of Hillbilly Hell.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by WDITrent View Post
    I bet Star Tours will reopen with emergency oxygen masks (secure yours first, then help children) and flotation seat cushions. Just wait. And FNSV is next.
    Why are there flotation devices under plane seats instead of parachutes?

• Parmageddon Jim

I think the "pergola" is actually to keep Darwin Award candidates from climbing up into the path of the train.
    So full of Disney Magic, my eyes are blue.

Look around you on your next flight. Thats why. Don't sell yourself short.

Bakersfield might seem a bit boring for someone who spent twenty years in June Lake. Maybe not.

I like your thoughts...

...good luck in L.A. Seriously... your life, your call. All options are yours.
    Last edited by blorgan; 08-22-2010 at 11:54 PM.

• I'm not really here

In the event of a water landing. You have a much better chance of survival waiting till the plane hits water rather than attempting to jump from the plane while at altitude in a parachute.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by WDITrent View Post
    Really... floatation devices? Something tells me that those won't do you much good in the case that a StarSpeeder 1000 crashes in space.

Answer: It's a LOT harder for airline mechanics and maintenance crews to totally up the installation of a flotation device.

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    In the event of a water landing. You have a much better chance of survival waiting till the plane hits water rather than attempting to jump from the plane while at altitude in a parachute.
    I just had a vision of a scared airliner passenger attempting to sky-dive to safety, just to get sucked into a big ol' GE jet engine. EEK!

However, m16, don't you think that a parachute would have a much greater chance of being useful, than a floatation device would, if an airliner were going to crash over land.

(Sorry for all the discussion, for those who may not care for it.)
    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

• =)

However, m16, don't you think that a parachute would have a much greater chance of being useful, than a floatation device would, if an airliner were going to crash over land.
    The problem is...how many people know how to strap on a parachute? And of them, how many would have the presence of mind to do it right as their plane was falling out of the sky? And how many of them would be able to stick the landing in a safe location? And what about people who were too scared to jump? What if people started tampering with the parachutes on normal flights, either intentionally or accidentally? There are a lot of issues to deal with here.

• I'm not really here

Not to mention how do you coordinate the safe jumping of hundreds, or even dozens, of people from a jet that is crashing. It's very bumpy and you'd have to have people standing up in an orderly line ready to jump every few seconds from the hatches. Depending on the jet you can't use a hatch fore of the engines either. Depending on damage, aft wouldn't work either.

The logistics of parachutes are so nightmarish that it's just not going to happen. It works for the military because they go through intensive training on what to do, and how to do it until it becomes second nature for them. Commercial flights can't do that. Besides, almost every single land crash of a commercial flight has been during landing or takeoff. There simply is not enough time to get every into a parachute and out.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

I concede defeat.
    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!