Page 152 of 262 FirstFirst ... 52102127142149150151152153154155162177202252 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 3918

• Banned User

Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker II

Quote Originally Posted by blorgan View Post
    Look around you on your next flight. Thats why. Don't sell yourself short.

Bakersfield might seem a bit boring for someone who spent twenty years in June Lake. Maybe not.

I like your thoughts...
    Thanks? haha I really just don't like Bakersfield...it's a town that is trying to be a big city, but just can't. There's so many city legal issues, and school systems suck. Idk, I'm looking at LA as a gold mine, because there's so many other diverse options, and I can easily find a niche to fit in with.

Quote Originally Posted by BiggestDisneyFan View Post
    Really... floatation devices? Something tells me that those won't do you much good in the case that a StarSpeeder 1000 crashes in space.

Answer: It's a LOT harder for airline mechanics and maintenance crews to totally up the installation of a flotation device.

I just had a vision of a scared airliner passenger attempting to sky-dive to safety, just to get sucked into a big ol' GE jet engine. EEK!
    Hey, it's OSHA....we don't know what stupid absurd crap they're gonna try to pull next.

haha in this day and age, it doesn't take much for them to something up. look at Jet Blue or Virgin Air.

hahaha I thought the same thing, only with the stewards and stewardesses swearing at the passengers as they jump from the plane.

• Nope! No grown-ups here!

Quote Originally Posted by MainStreetJake View Post
    Thanks? haha I really just don't like Bakersfield...it's a town that is trying to be a big city, but just can't. There's so many city legal issues, and school systems suck. Idk, I'm looking at LA as a gold mine, because there's so many other diverse options, and I can easily find a niche to fit in with.

Hey, it's OSHA....we don't know what stupid absurd crap they're gonna try to pull next...
    Actually, I think that this scenario falls under the jurisdiction of the NTSB and/or FAA, not OSHA.
    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

• is too darn hot.

I have a Fantasmic! question. Last night watching the show, at the end Sorcerer Mickey stayed lit up at the top of the building for the entire end of the show instead of "travelling" to the stage in a burst of fireworks. A CM said that he's been doing that all summer. Is that a permanent change to the show or is there just something wrong with the lift that stage Mickey uses?
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by BiggestDisneyFan View Post
    Actually, I think that this scenario falls under the jurisdiction of the NTSB and/or FAA, not OSHA.
    All I know is that some group of some safety freaks with some acronym for a name is gonna try to mess with stuff that shouldn't be messed with.
    Quote Originally Posted by BassBone View Post
    I have a Fantasmic! question. Last night watching the show, at the end Sorcerer Mickey stayed lit up at the top of the building for the entire end of the show instead of "travelling" to the stage in a burst of fireworks. A CM said that he's been doing that all summer. Is that a permanent change to the show or is there just something wrong with the lift that stage Mickey uses?
    A lot of people have been talking about this. I've heard rumors that the lift Mickey comes up on is broken, or something like that. I don't know what's going on with it, but in my opinion, I think this alternate ending is cooler, than the other one where he travels to the stage.

Quote Originally Posted by BassBone View Post
    It's having some work done on it.

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

POTC ALERT:
    today the parrot at the end of POTC is gone.
    the Orange monorail has being towed about 9-10am

• Disney Fan & Musician

Is it only me or should the bag check tents be redone? I think a style that matches the Disneyland turnstiles would be very nice.

example: Tokyo's bag check

photo property of TDLFAN
    Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFan28 View Post
    POTC ALERT:
    so that's the one that lost the brake pad....or shoe...or...whatever the brake thing they were talking about in the other thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by MatterhornJ View Post
    Is it only me or should the bag check tents be redone? I think a style that matches the Disneyland turnstiles would be very nice.

photo property of TDLFAN
    Aw come on, you don't like the carny tents they have up now?
    I agree, they could redo the tents to look like this, or better.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

POTC ALERT:
    Is that the parrot that squaks at the people in the queue?

Quote Originally Posted by MatterhornJ View Post

photo property of TDLFAN
    I have a feeling that they are waiting for the proposed redo of the area before they do anything like that. Wasn't there a rumour that they were going to spruce up the bus loops and make the area more park-like?

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TrevorD View Post
    Is that the parrot that squaks at the people in the queue?

I have a feeling that they are waiting for the proposed redo of the area before they do anything like that. Wasn't there a rumour that they were going to spruce up the bus loops and make the area more park-like?
    According to Al they are going to be removing the bus loops and building an extended DTD area there which will have a bridge that will over Harbor to connect to the new Pumbaa parking structure.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

That was more specificly what I was refering too, but for some reason the DTD extention slipped my mind. As long as the pavement and paving stone canyon dissapears I'm happy.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

I'm sure that means they will move the security checkpoint out toward the street. As long as no busses unload behind it it would work just fine.

• We set sail for the sky

POTC ALERT:
    There really is a god.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ryancr78 View Post
    There really is a god.
    So that is the one that annoyingly squawks then?

• We set sail for the sky

Quote Originally Posted by TrevorD View Post
    So that is the one that annoyingly squawks then?
    Yep, I noticed this when I was in Disneyland last week. He was there until Wednesday (I think... it might have been Tuesday). I've always hated that annoying bird.

I have posted on here many times about how much I loathe the Johnny Depp-ization of Pirates. The 1-2-3 ending combo of Johnny singing "A Pirate's Life For Me", the "when next you sail, sail with Davy Jones, dead mean DO tell tales, when next you sail when next you sail HA HA HA" monologue from Davy Jones, and the squawking parrot always left me anxious to just get out of the boat as quickly as possible.

Now, at least one of those things is gone.