Page 153 of 262 FirstFirst ... 53103128143150151152153154155156163178203253 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 3918

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker II

Funny Story...

All week while I was in Disneyland with my girlfriend (her first time, she doesn't know much about the place) I continually made "promises" to her about things I would to do make her next stay better.

For example, she freaked out on the Maliboomer so I said I would get Disney to tear it out as soon as the summer was over. I also promised to get Disney to rechristen the Sailing Ship Columbia as Captain Hook's Pirate Ship. Every time we got on pirates she would literally cringe when hearing that bird. Pirates quickly became her favorite ride, but she couldn't stand the parrot. Now, I can say I did this too.

Wednesday was the day after the last day of our trip.. To bad they couldnt have gotten rid of it the day before. It would have made the end of her trip very magical.

As a side note, I don't mind the fact that Johnny was added in the way he was (aside from the removal of the Wicked Wench and changing of the battle scene, and the song being added to the caverns at the start instead of the howling wind... GRR) but the fact that Davy Jones says "dead men Do tell tales" in my opinion cheapens and undermines the legacy of the attraction. It bugged me a lot.
    Last edited by Trevor; 08-23-2010 at 06:51 PM.

• long time listener

Quote Originally Posted by Gn2Dlnd View Post
    I think the "pergola" is actually to keep Darwin Award candidates from climbing up into the path of the train.
    nice one!!

• long time listener

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    According to Al they are going to be removing the bus loops and building an extended DTD area there which will have a bridge that will over Harbor to connect to the new Pumbaa parking structure.
    I hope that's true! That area could be so better utilized, either for more DTD or extending our a BIG attraction for Hollywoodland.

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

Quote Originally Posted by TrevorD View Post
    Is that the parrot that squaks at the people in the queue?
    yes it is.
    Not sure if the parrots removal has to do with todays 5-6 hour Temp closing today because it was past noon when the lines started because they were turning people away from the ride all morning

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by MainStreetJake View Post
    A lot of people have been talking about this. I've heard rumors that the lift Mickey comes up on is broken, or something like that. I don't know what's going on with it, but in my opinion, I think this alternate ending is cooler, than the other one where he travels to the stage.
    I disagree, because the proper ending reinforces the idea that it's Mickey's dream and he can do whatever he wants in it.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• Banned User

The fiasco in Wonderland is a perfect example of big government out of control

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TrevorD View Post
    I'm sure that means they will move the security checkpoint out toward the street. As long as no busses unload behind it it would work just fine.
    I actually don't think so, they checkpoints surround the esplanade, you don't go through security to get to DTD as it is now, just the esplanade and the DTD monorail station
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

You know what, your right. I forgot that.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by BassBone View Post
    I disagree, because the proper ending reinforces the idea that it's Mickey's dream and he can do whatever he wants in it.
    And yet we don't even actually see Mickey fall asleep.

And yet we don't even actually see Mickey fall asleep.
    Haha, its funny cause most people never even realize that. But im sure Tokyo's version will fix that

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFan28 View Post
    POTC ALERT:
    the Orange monorail has being towed about 9-10am
    Monorail Red was running last night at 8pm, so there must not have been too much, if any, damage to the beam.

Thanks? haha I really just don't like Bakersfield...it's a town that is trying to be a big city, but just can't. There's so many city legal issues, and school systems suck. Idk, I'm looking at LA as a gold mine, because there's so many other diverse options, and I can easily find a niche to fit in with.

Hey, it's OSHA....we don't know what stupid absurd crap they're gonna try to pull next.

haha in this day and age, it doesn't take much for them to something up. look at Jet Blue or Virgin Air.

hahaha I thought the same thing, only with the stewards and stewardesses swearing at the passengers as they jump from the plane.
    Not to get off topic but OSHA definitely has it's place. There was a time where I was forced to work in a room shorter than me (the ceiling was about 5 ft in height). And after years of concussions from hitting our heads, my workplace FINALLY raised the ceiling. All thanks to threats from OSHA.....so, THANK YOU OSHA.

• Nope! No grown-ups here!

Quote Originally Posted by lizzy003 View Post
    Not to get off topic but OSHA definitely has it's place. There was a time where I was forced to work in a room shorter than me (the ceiling was about 5 ft in height). And after years of concussions from hitting our heads, my workplace FINALLY raised the ceiling. All thanks to threats from OSHA.....so, THANK YOU OSHA.
    That's ridiculous! Since the building is bigger than you, it obviously would have made much more sense to just shorten you by several inches, to solve the problem. See? OSHA's priorities are obviously skewed.
    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

• Nope! No grown-ups here!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryancr78 View Post
    Yep, I noticed this when I was in Disneyland last week. He was there until Wednesday (I think... it might have been Tuesday). I've always hated that annoying bird.

I have posted on here many times about how much I loathe the Johnny Depp-ization of Pirates. The 1-2-3 ending combo of Johnny singing "A Pirate's Life For Me", the "when next you sail, sail with Davy Jones, dead mean DO tell tales, when next you sail when next you sail HA HA HA" monologue from Davy Jones, and the squawking parrot always left me anxious to just get out of the boat as quickly as possible.

Now, at least one of those things is gone.
    I think it's kinda' funny how much people around here (including myself, at times) like to complain when certain things in the parks don't meet a certain level of realism and detail, then they also complain when Disney adds an annoyingly squawkish parrot to PotC. What could make a parrot more authentic than to have it squawking endlessly?
    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

• is too darn hot.

That parrot was in the ride long before the Deppification, wasn't it? It seems to me to mimic Long John Silver's parrot from the classic film Treasure Island...
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• =)

Yeah, it was a different parrot before, but the effect was quite similar. Personally, I've always enjoyed both incarnations of that AA.