Page 156 of 262 FirstFirst ... 56106131146153154155156157158159166181206256 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 3918

• Artistic integrity

Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker II

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    From what I've gathered a lot is going to depend on the box office performance of Tron and John Carter of Mars. If they are both succesful it sounds likely that Tron attractions will take over Innoventions and possibly more. If Carter is succesful it might get the PM track.
    The most information I can find about this film set for a June 2012 opening was here - Disney Sets John Carter of Mars Movie for Release June 2012 FirstShowing.net

And after a look through some picks on a random google search ... I'm trying to figure out .. what does the aesthetic of this film have anything to do with Disneyland's defunct Peoplemover track????

When you look at a picture like this ..
    http://www.infoaddict.com/wp-content...2/juskoerb.jpg

How does it relate back to Tomorrowland, and a futuristic mode of transportation?

All I can think of .. At some point in the movie, maybe the beginning .. John Carter is seen on Earth. It's set sometime in the future .. and he boards a peoplemover on way to a spaceport to blast off to the red planet, where that world is more "fantasy" in it's style .. than Earth Futurism.

Or .. there's a colony on Mars .. which has a full size city with a peoplemover system of it's own.

Then the question is ... If this is suppose to be an inspiration to build a new Peoplemover 2.0 ... is it partially open?

The fanciful/fantasy vision of "John Carter of Mars" shows people with no space suits on .. so therefore .. Mars' atmosphere has sense been "terraformed" .. and a peoplemover does not need to be completely sealed in?

So many questions ... Guess we'll have to wait for info on the film .. as it goes through the developmental stages.

What's really giving me an ill feeling .... is nothing gets a greenlight in WDI .. unless it's tied to some film - animated or live-action.

Tomorrrowland seems to be destined to be franchiseland.

• I'm not really here

John Carter is a Civil War character, not futuristic Earth. He ends up on Mars. Don't want to spoil too much of the plot. Not really sure how the TL makeovers depend on JCoM's box office. Tron, yeah, that totally makes sense, but not John Carter.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    John Carter is a Civil War character, not futuristic Earth. He ends up on Mars. Don't want to spoil too much of the plot. Not really sure how the TL makeovers depend on JCoM's box office. Tron, yeah, that totally makes sense, but not John Carter.
    We don't know what the setting of the film will be. John Carter's story could be transposed to the modern era.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by BassBone View Post
    We don't know what the setting of the film will be. John Carter's story could be transposed to the modern era.
    [ame="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0401729/"]John Carter of Mars (2012)@@AMEPARAM@@http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTY5NjQwNDY2OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjI2ODQ1MQ@@._ V1._SY30_SX23_.jpg@@AMEPARAM@@BMTY5NjQwNDY2OV5BMl5 BanBnXkFtZTcwMjI2ODQ1MQ@@@@AMEPARAM@@SY30@@AMEPARA M@@SX23[/ame]
    John Carter of Mars - Trailers, Videos, and Reviews ComingSoon.net Movie Database
    John Carter of Mars (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It won't be. They are keeping it just like the books. Civil War hero transplanted to Mars. Andrew Stanton read them as a kid and loved them. Principal photography started back in January and they've even filmed quite a bit here in Utah. They aren't transplanting it to modern era.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• is too darn hot.

If that's the case, then I agree that it has no place in Tomorrowland. Space travel does not equal THE FUTURE!!! [echo]
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• Minion

Today my friend asked a cast member working on Pirates if the parrot was ever coming back and she told us it was on "vacation" and it would be coming back in Fall

• Minion

so I know most of us don't like C!ASP, but is it similar to Party Gras?
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    Today my friend asked a cast member working on Pirates if the parrot was ever coming back and she told us it was on "vacation" and it would be coming back in Fall
    Polly ran out of crackers. So it's going on a quest to find some more.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

Question Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker II

Reposting here, in the hope that someone will see it:

The seagull buoy from the Subs lagoon...

Haven't heard about it returning yet. Seems like it's taking a very long time to repair. Wonder if it will ever be back...

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by peterpanic74 View Post
    Reposting here, in the hope that someone will see it:

The seagull buoy from the Subs lagoon...

Haven't heard about it returning yet. Seems like it's taking a very long time to repair. Wonder if it will ever be back...
    I'm sure it will be back eventually. My best guess is that one or more of the Sea Gulls are being woked on off site and it's taking a while.

• Banned User

I'm beginning to think Disney doesn't like birds...first the seagull buoy...then the Parrot on Pirates...who's next? Jose? Fritz? The Mansion Crows?

• Addicted to Disneyhol

All the "jungle camo" is off the Indy building now. It is just forest green and I think it lookes better that way.

Sorry, no pic this time because I was busy trying to keep two kids from running back to Disneyland.
    Hello. I'm redjag and I'm a Disneyholic. I am addicted to Disneyhol.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by redjag View Post
    All the "jungle camo" is off the Indy building now. It is just forest green and I think it lookes better that way.

Sorry, no pic this time because I was busy trying to keep two kids from running back to Disneyland.
    really? hmm...I wonder if they'll leave it like that.

• 11 Year Annual Passholder

Forgive me if this sign has been up for a while, but I saw this today in Star Trader where they put your face in place of a Star Wars character:

Right after I took the picture, the guy at the desk spotted me and pressed the monitor to turn it off.
    Just thought I'd share

^Art by me!^
    Check out my
    Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 12.15.14}
    You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
    Visit my
    Tumblr blog for another way to view and share my photos.
    Radiator Springs Racers ride count: 19

• We Go On.

I think that sign has been up for a long time. I'm not sure though. I don't see anything new.