Page 16 of 262 FirstFirst ... 613141516171819264166116 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker II

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    Yes, but in the same way Disneyland has never not had a new E-Ticket in 15 years, have had such a lack of entertainment, ect. I see where you guys are coming from, but there is just so much wrong with the resort, it makes it hard for me to see the fact that they are doing 1 tiny thing right and so much wrong.
    I don't think that's going to change so long as the guests keep pouring in and they don't see a need for huge, new E-tickets... pretty sad.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by stevo505 View Post
    I don't think that's going to change so long as the guests keep pouring in and they don't see a need for huge, new E-tickets... pretty sad.
    Yes that is so pathetic.

If one day the dead re-emerge as Zombies, I can guarantee that TDA will be Walt's first target.

• Future Cast Member

I don't feel like complaining. I love Disneyland, and I like the new heart planters, too. I wish we had an easter parade, but since it's new to Tokyo, maybe if it's popular enough, we'll get it here, too. =) One can always hope, and just not listen to those who tell us we are wrong for doing so.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ♥disney.princess♥ View Post
    I wish we had an easter parade, but since it's new to Tokyo, maybe if it's popular enough, we'll get it here, too. =)
    Its not that 'new' at all. They do this all the time. The debuted a 'new' Christmas parade this year and it will never see the lights of day again because every year they do a new Christmas parade. They have new nighttime entertainment every summer. They change their Halloween parade every year. They have more special events in 1 year then Disneyland has in 5.

If Tokyo has been doing this for years and Disneyland never took one of these concepts, then I am almost certain that Easter Wonderland will fade away in Tokyo Disney history while Disneyland fans are begging for some sort of event along those lines.

• Banned User

At least with World of Color they will be able to do holiday overlays. Let's just hope they aren't the same seasonal overlays each year. That way, TDA can promote all these new shows for the resort...

• Disney Fan & Musician

Yes, but in the same way Disneyland has never not had a new E-Ticket in 15 years, have had such a lack of entertainment, ect. I see where you guys are coming from, but there is just so much wrong with the resort, it makes it hard for me to see the fact that they are doing 1 tiny thing right and so much wrong.
    Perfection takes time. (that's about the decor. there's no excuse for the no E-Tickets)
    Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MatterhornJ View Post
    Perfection takes time. (that's about the decor. there's no excuse for the no E-Tickets)
    I suppose. I still think that Disneyland has no excuse. The heads who designs Tokyo Disneyland's decor are the same people that work for Disneyland as well.

• Minion

I suppose. I still think that Disneyland has no excuse. The heads who designs Tokyo Disneyland's decor are the same people that work for Disneyland as well.
    I assume that you mean WDI, all I know is that Tokyo does it right
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MatterhornJ View Post
    Well, me saying "this year" wasn't the right choice of words. The little things help to. Even those small heart planters are a difference. In a few years, TDA will step up their game. I just wish it was this year...
    Exactly! And come on guys, give DL and TDA a little more credit here! Did everyone suddenly forget Disneyland FINALLY put on a huge Halloween event just four months ago? Instead of just giving it to DCA like the last few years, and only focused with the old standbys like HMH and the decorations, but stepped it up with a very cool fireworks show, retheming SM and advertising the hell out of it. They are finally competing with the other SoCal parks thats been doing Halloween for years, if not decades. Who knows, next year a parade might be added since last year went so well. Yes, it did something that shouldve been done a looong time ago and one that Tokyo Disneyland has been doing for several years now (and I been to their Halloween events, it only gets bigger and bigger now), but they are trying.

And of course, when it proved to be TOO sucessful by some standards, people complained about it about because now DL was waaaay more busier in Octobers then what it use to be thanks to the event and taking away from the once quiet off season month. Damn-if-you-do-damn-if-you-dont I guess .

And believe me, if the Easter thing proves a sucess at TDR (and its funny how it took a Japanese company to exploit this very western holiday lol) then I'm guessing it will come to DLR in a few years. It almost seems like such a perfect event tying Easter and Spring while highlighting Alice as represenative to that holiday (you know theres a new movie right...of course we do ). So I'm curious to see how well it does there.

But also, I feel sorry if Disney people pay attention to boards like this because the thinking is so frantic and all over the place. On one hand you got people who complain about the obvious marketing gimmicks like Celebration (and I agree, I dont care for it either) but generally hate that Disney has these events all year round now of some kind and sort of want the park to just be...Disneyland a few times out of the year like it use to be and not other big event. And now you have others who are saying there arent ENOUGH of these kinds of events and Disney should be doing more of these things.

I wonder if they read boards like these and wonder if they jump out of the TDA building, would they survive the impact?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by WorldDisney View Post
    Exactly! And come on guys, give DL and TDA a little more credit here! Did everyone suddenly forget Disneyland FINALLY put on a huge Halloween event just four months ago? Instead of just giving it to DCA like the last few years, and only focused with the old standbys like HMH and the decorations, but stepped it up with a very cool fireworks show, retheming SM and advertising the hell out of it. They are finally competing with the other SoCal parks thats been doing Halloween for years, if not decades. Who knows, next year a parade might be added since last year went so well. Yes, it did something that shouldve been done a looong time ago and one that Tokyo Disneyland has been doing for several years now (and I been to their Halloween events, it only gets bigger and bigger now), but they are trying.
    Sure this is great and all, and I hate to be a debbie downer, but it is not like Disneyland made these new items only for Disneyland. Halloween Screams! was just a reworked HalloWishes. And Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy was essientally a clone from Hong Kong Disneyland. I understand that both of these did require some sections for Disneyland to design for themselves like the tunnel segment of SMGG and the actual fireworks of Halloween Screams but still, these were essentially clones. Yes they are trying, but they are not trying that hard at all. It isn't like they created their own items for Halloween. Call me back when Disneyland gets a custom, unique Halloween parade that is all fresh material.

And believe me, if the Easter thing proves a sucess at TDR (and its funny how it took a Japanese company to exploit this very western holiday lol) then I'm guessing it will come to DLR in a few years. It almost seems like such a perfect event tying Easter and Spring while highlighting Alice as represenative to that holiday (you know theres a new movie right...of course we do ). So I'm curious to see how well it does there.
    I so uncontrollably and whole-heartily disagree with this. You make it sound like it is a first for Tokyo to do these kind of special events. They have been doing them for YEARS. And almost never have the Ameircan parks followed their lead by taking one of their. The only time I can think of was Walt Disney World's Cinderellabration which was a disgrace compared to Tokyo Disneyland's. Tokyo Disneyland has been doing these kind of events since the mid-1990s (atleast!) and never has Disneyland took one of these events. What makes you think they are going to start now?

• Banned User

Sure this is great and all, and I hate to be a debbie downer, but it is not like Disneyland made these new items only for Disneyland. Halloween Screams! was just a reworked HalloWishes. And Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy was essientally a clone from Hong Kong Disneyland. I understand that both of these did require some sections for Disneyland to design for themselves like the tunnel segment of SMGG and the actual fireworks of Halloween Screams but still, these were essentially clones. Yes they are trying, but they are not trying that hard at all. It isn't like they created their own items for Halloween. Call me back when Disneyland gets a custom, unique Halloween parade that is all fresh material.
    And I never said it WAS anything new . Yes, I been to HKDL several times, I'm very much aware of the fact they had Ghost Galaxy before DLR did...that said, what does it matter?? 99% of the people visit DL will never visit HKDL and even then less of a chance they will go during that period. I dont really care if its a clone or not, heres another fact, neither do 99% of the people who will never see it in HK themselves, but simply that what is appropriate in one park can work for another and give something that is obviously POPULAR in that park can be in this one. I dont really care what was cloned in one park or another, as long as they arent BAD clones...and I been to every Disney theme park worldwide countless times. I ridden every version of Winnie the Pooh than I care to lol. But if something works, it WORKS!! At least they were smart enough to see that and bring it to DLR.

I so uncontrollably and whole-heartily disagree with this. You make it sound like it is a first for Tokyo to do these kind of special events. They have been doing them for YEARS. And almost never have the Ameircan parks followed their lead by taking one of their. The only time I can think of was Walt Disney World's Cinderellabration which was a disgrace compared to Tokyo Disneyland's. Tokyo Disneyland has been doing these kind of events since the mid-1990s (atleast!) and never has Disneyland took one of these events. What makes you think they are going to start now?
    Dude, I use to LIVE in Tokyo lol and well aware of their events. In fact, I have friends who actually worked in many of these events, use to hear about them way before a press release was made to the Japanese public, much less an American audience and of course been to a lot of them myself the past decade I been going there...so I dont need to be schooled on what TDR offers that the American parks dont . In fact, TDR is my favorite resort (and because TDS is an AMAZING park) because of this.

Yes, I realize Tokyo parks leads the way in this...where in my statement did I say they didnt exactly?

And I wasnt saying the EXACT event, I'm only talking about the concept of doing one in the first place. For example, people dont seem to realize Alladin in DCA ONLY came in the form of the longer musical type because it was TDS that had their long style Encore broadway show to prove audiences were willing to watch a theme park show longer than the usual 15-20 minutes (although that show was later shortened by 5 mins or so). It was something completely unheard of for a theme park until TDS did it first. But it showed Disney it can work and Alladin is still going all these years later until this year. In fact the same show director for Encore was the one that help designed Alladin as well, Ann Hamburger which I know most people know here. I just think whats weird is most of those entertainment shows that DO get so much praise in Tokyo are the same people who makes them in the states as well. Not all of course, but more than people think. But for just the concept of doing these events, the Halloween event is another example of what I'm talking about. Tokyo did their first Halloween event in 2000, I know because I was there and it was fairly quiet that first year. It was fairly small, just more decorations than actual events much like DL itself was and originally it was only done in Frontierland. It wasnt even a parkwide event. By the time I saw it again in 2003, it was a full blown thing, drawing HUGE crowds and now October is one of the busiet times in the park when just a few years before it was one of the quietest. DLR sees that and now they are going the same direction. Yes, like I said, it took long enough time for them to do something similar, but they did.

And I have zero clue that they will do the Easter event in a few years time...my point was if it REALLY takes off at TDR, sooner or later they will try and do something in a similar form, one day. They just need to see the idea itself will work first. I'm NOT saying the exact same thing at all (although as I said in my other point--I wouldnt care if they did as long as its good) but something like that. And yeah, since, as you noted, they bought something over HKDL that was part of their event EVEN THOUGH the Halloween event at that park went a totally different and more adult tone at that park, they took what they liked, GG, and used it.

And used it very sucessfully I might add!
    Last edited by WorldDisney; 02-15-2010 at 12:18 AM.

• Banned User

And I never said it WAS anything new . Yes, I been to HKDL several times, I'm very much aware of the fact they had Ghost Galaxy before DLR did...that said, what does it matter?? 99% of the people visit DL will never visit HKDL and even then less of a chance they will go during that period. I dont really care if its a clone or not, heres another fact, neither do 99% of the people who will never see it in HK themselves, but simply that what is appropriate in one park can work for another and give something that is obviously POPULAR in that park can be in this one. I dont really care what was cloned in one park or another, as long as they arent BAD clones...and I been to every Disney theme park worldwide countless times. If it works, it WORKS!! At least they were smart enough to see that and bring it to DLR.
    I can understand the idea of cloning a good idea. And I can respect that point of view, however, I was trying to make a point about you saying that TDA deserves more credit. I do not honestly think that they deserve credit for simply copying concepts from another park and then putting them in your own. From my perspective, that is just being to lazy to test the water with your own money. I think it is good that Disneyland is atleast doing something, but still, the decorations are the same each year, and the new additions were not custom made for our park. Therefore, I feel that TDA does not deserve that much credit.

Dude, I use to LIVE in Tokyo lol and well aware of their events. In fact, I have friends who actually worked in many of these events, use to hear about them way before a press release was made to the Japanese public, much less an American audience and of course been to a lot of them myself the past decade I been going there...so I dont need to be schooled on what TDL does [wink].

Yes, I realize Tokyo parks leads the way in this...where in my statement did I say they didnt exactly?
    Well first let me tell you that I am uber jealous of you getting to live in Tokyo and visit Tokyo Disney Resort so often. I had no idea you were so lucky. As for when you made the statement; no you did not point blank say it but you did say:
    And believe me, if the Easter thing proves a sucess at TDR (and its funny how it took a Japanese company to exploit this very western holiday lol) then I'm guessing it will come to DLR in a few years.
    This basically implies that since the event will do well it will come to Disneyland. Which is what I do not agree with at all. Because in the years that Tokyo Disneyland has been pulling off these special events (excluding Halloween and Christmas), not once has Disneyland Resort took their lead. I really just don't see them starting if they can barely get daily events right.

And I wasnt saying the EXACT event, I'm only talking about the concept of doing one in the first place. For example, people dont seem to realize Alladin in DCA ONLY came in the form of the longer musical type because it was TDS that had their long style Encore broadway show to prove audiences were willing to watch a theme park show longer than the usual 15-20 minutes. It was something completely unheard of for a theme park until TDS did it first. And they were right, Alladin is still going all these years later until this year. In fact the same show director for Encore was the one that help designed Alladin. The Halloween event is another example of what I'm talking about. Tokyo did their first Halloween event in 2000, I know because I was there and it was fairly quiet that first year. It was fairly small, just more decorations and originally it was only done in Frontierland. It wasnt even a parkwide event. By the time I saw it again in 2003, it was a full blown thing, drawing HUGE crowds and now October is one of the busiet times in the park when just a few years before it was one of the quietest. DLR sees that and now they are going the same direction. Yes, like I said, it took long enough time for them to do something similar, but they did.
    Yes, I do remember this. I was going back and reading Al Lutz's Articles from 1995-2002(ish?) and remember reading about how it was a controversial decision to make Aladdin it's length. However, I feel that this is a long term investment. A huge learning experience that basically revolutionized Disney theme park shows. Now for short term investments, well let's see, how long has Tokyo Disneyland been changing their Christmas Parade? And how long has Christmas Fantasy been running at Disneyland? (Rhetorical questions). That is my point, Tokyo has been doing these so long and Disneyland has never caught on. It took Hong Kong a whopping 2 years to catch on. Its been over 15 and Disneyland still has not.

And I have zero clue that they will do the Easter event in a few years time...my point was if it REALLY takes off at TDR, sooner or later they will try and do something in a similar form, one day. I'm NOT saying the exact same thing at all (although as I said in my other point--I wouldnt care if they did as long as its good) but something like that. And yeah, since, as you noted, they bought something over HKDL that was part of their event EVEN THOUGH the Halloween event at that park went a totally different and more adult tone at that park, they took what they liked, GG, and used it.
    I can understand this. I personally think that Tokyo is not starting to celebrate the holiday. I think they are pushing the Alice in Wonderland theme more so then they are the whole idea of an "Easter Season!". I feel like the Easter theme is more of an underline element for the Alice in Wonderland overall feel. I see this event being like all the other non-Holiday events, dieing after a few years with no real sign of returning.

And if they brought Easter Wonderland to Disneyland Resort, I would jump with joy for days. I am very confident that Tokyo Disneyland will pull off this parade. Power of Music, one of Tokyo Disneyland's lesser-quality shows (IMO) would be amazing at the U.S. parks. Why? Because we almost never get Tokyo Disney style entertainment (I might cry if we were to get Legend of Mythica, seriously).

• Yo!

I thought this was the Project Tracker and not the "Let's Drool All Over Tokyo Until It Drowns in Saliva" thread???
    "Keep Moving Forward."

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by 1FoolishMortal View Post
    I thought this was the Project Tracker and not the "Let's Drool All Over Tokyo Until It Drowns in Saliva" thread???
    Its a discussion about Disneyland. If you do not like it, leave.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by 1FoolishMortal View Post
    Didn't you know that TDL fits in with DLR???

JK, I don;t mind though, I want to see the easter wonderland stuff at DLR
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th