Page 162 of 262 FirstFirst ... 62112137152159160161162163164165172187212 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 3918

Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker II

*gasps* well, that fall she took didn't look to good, looked like she had to throwup or something, not good. But what really happened???? hhmmmm? I will find out! even if i haz toooooo!!!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfire View Post
    *gasps* well, that fall she took didn't look to good, looked like she had to throwup or something, not good. But what really happened???? hhmmmm? I will find out! even if i haz toooooo!!!
    I'm working on figuring that out too. I think it was something to do with the lift, and not her specifically, because if you watch the video, she totally falls in one piece, and she doesn't break in 1/2.

Quote Originally Posted by MainStreetJake View Post
    I'm working on figuring that out too. I think it was something to do with the lift, and not her specifically, because if you watch the video, she totally falls in one piece, and she doesn't break in 1/2.
    Yeah, lets just hope nothing toooo bad happened... ugh... do you think the tokyo version will be like this one?

• I don't know him!

To be honest the new pool area looks much better than the water falls.

Granted, I don't have the sentimental/nostalgic attachment to the old falls, as I only saw them in person for the first time this year (and not at nighttime).

EDIT: nice name ^

Yeah, it's nice to get something new, but it's sad to let go of the old.

haha thanks! same to you!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfire View Post
    Yeah, lets just hope nothing toooo bad happened... ugh... do you think the tokyo version will be like this one?
    the tokyo version is going to be a totally new style of the show. It's in the Round, which is pretty much viewed from almost any angle. So they've got to work with this circle of water, and not an island like we have in DL. I don't think they're getting a Murphy AA, but right now, it's anyone's guess. If they do get something on the caliber of murphy AA, it's tokyo. They're perfectionists on making sure things are top notch.

the tokyo version is going to be a totally new style of the show. It's in the Round, which is pretty much viewed from almost any angle. So they've got to work with this circle of water, and not an island like we have in DL. I don't think they're getting a Murphy AA, but right now, it's anyone's guess. If they do get something on the caliber of murphy AA, it's tokyo. They're perfectionists on making sure things are top notch.
    I wonder if it's totally possible Garner Holt is building a dragon for Tokyo Disney Sea AND a new replacement one for Disneyland at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicBear View Post
    I wonder if it's totally possible Garner Holt is building a dragon for Tokyo Disney Sea AND a new replacement one for Disneyland at the same time?
    ooooohhhh i like that idea, at least if the dragon works...

• Banned User

Actually....

The fire dragon that is part of BraviSEAmo, well it was essientally designed to be the Murphy we have now. The pit was designed to make a full 3D dragon that Disneyland got last year. But when the OLC pulled out on the Fantasmic idea for an original show, the pit was repurposed for BraviSEAmo.

So I think it is highly likely we will see a giant dragon AA part of Fantasmic TDS

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    Actually....

The fire dragon that is part of BraviSEAmo, well it was essientally designed to be the Murphy we have now. The pit was designed to make a full 3D dragon that Disneyland got last year. But when the OLC pulled out on the Fantasmic idea for an original show, the pit was repurposed for BraviSEAmo.

So I think it is highly likely we will see a giant dragon AA part of Fantasmic TDS
    I didn't know if they were or not, which is why I said it's anyones guess. But I'd love to see tokyo get a dragon. Theirs would actually work.

• Minion

It's been a while since we've checked-up on the bouy. It's still there and there is what looks like a bunch of cable hanging from it. Maybe they are about to re-wire it?

Hairy Baby!

• If We Can Dream It...

I have to wonder if that second concept art of the pool is relatively recent and is in response to the uproar over losing the falls. Are they now throwing a small water feature onto the side of the slides as a token of peace with the 'fall fans'?
    - Horizonsfan

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by horizonsfan92 View Post
    I have to wonder if that second concept art of the pool is relatively recent and is in response to the uproar over losing the falls. Are they now throwing a small water feature onto the side of the slides as a token of peace with the 'fall fans'?
    I was wondering when someone was going to bring this up....
    y'know, we probably won't know, but I'm going to stay positive, and say that they drew that before everyone got mad

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DragonFire FURY View Post
    To be honest the new pool area looks much better than the water falls.

Granted, I don't have the sentimental/nostalgic attachment to the old falls, as I only saw them in person for the first time this year (and not at nighttime).

EDIT: nice name ^
    the "new pool area" is just an expansion of the existing pool area. In other words, just more concrete. And THAT could have been done without affecting the falls.

And, that expanded pool area goes from being a charming themed fantasy area to just another generic pool area. The new upper "play area" will be a generic water play structure "enhanced" with a big Disneyland sign and monorail appliques.

Sentimentality or nostalgia aren't needed to appreciate a unique and engaging water feature over a "charming grassy area".

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by horizonsfan92 View Post
    Actually, I think that's the original artwork. If not, it may be an enhanced version of the original as I seem to recall seeing something similar since the first announcement.

What they didn't expect was the challenge to the falls being removed. Their excuse for it's removal was that it wasted too much water and energy. Having the play structure have falls incorporated in it just flies in the face of that excuse.