Page 2 of 262 FirstFirst 12345122752102 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 3918
  1. #16

    • LOL!!!!!!! (MC teen joke)
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Alhambra, CA
    Posts
    4,035

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker II

    Finally! A new tracker.
    The Original Teen Scene of MiceChat:
    fangalicious44 padgerfan monorailorange33 SS77 A113 animekiti4christ DapperJoshua Performerinwaiting MainStreetJake dmtnt55 MikeSkellington
    JungleCruiseFan Ckelef1 Incrediboy The Disneylander GummiBearsRock iskategoofy *disneyprincess* stevo505 Dragonfire Colorized DisneyLove littleactressann Kritter

  2. #17

    •   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    9,036
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker II

    Just thought I'd point out that the HM upgrades are listed twice. Also, do we think those cutouts are temporary, or whats the deal with that?

  3. #18

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Between This World And The Next
    Posts
    599

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker II

    Quote Originally Posted by TrevorD View Post
    Just thought I'd point out that the HM upgrades are listed twice. Also, do we think those cutouts are temporary, or whats the deal with that?
    I am sure those cutouts are temporary and only serve as a function of sight or place holder so they can see what it may be like if an AA was there. That would be awfully tacky of Disney to place a cardboard/plywood cutout on the river to show characters when just near them are fully lifelike AAs.

    Not that Disney hadn't used plywood characters before on an outside ride *coughGummiGlenncoughs*.

  4. #19

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    12.5 minutes from Disneyland
    Posts
    14,007
    Blog Entries
    9

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker II

    Quote Originally Posted by Mac Daddy View Post
    Fairly new cutouts were in place this morning down stream from the cabin behind tsi. They are made out of cardboard or plywood. Looks like 2 more Indians will be on the oposite side if the boy and the dog.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrevorD View Post
    Just thought I'd point out that the HM upgrades are listed twice. Also, do we think those cutouts are temporary, or whats the deal with that?
    I think these are place holders to give imagineers a chance to visualize what they will look like...possibly. Also to give other techs an idea of where wiring will be going assuming they are animated?

    Here's a shot from this morning. Sorry about the quality...I was shooting pretty fast as I just saw them at the last minute and there really isn't much time to shoot through that foliage... This is just down stream from the cabin:



  5. #20

    • Disney Fanatic
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Santa Monica, California, United States
    Posts
    544

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker II

    Let's just skip ahead to tracker IX to be even with DCA

  6. #21

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,387

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker II

    Perhaps some of the River budget has been moved to Fantasmic! for the rumored upgrades.

  7. #22

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    4,272

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker II

    Quote Originally Posted by stevo505 View Post
    Perhaps some of the River budget has been moved to Fantasmic! for the rumored upgrades.
    It seems almost nothing can get a good budget now a days....

  8. #23

    • let's talk Disney, okay!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    972

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker II

    Quote Originally Posted by stevo505 View Post
    Perhaps some of the River budget has been moved to Fantasmic! for the rumored upgrades.
    just hope they dont give DL the bubble montage like DHS has. lame!


    The Few, The Proud, The Fans Fan of Light Magic!

  9. #24

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    8,138

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker II

    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousEndeavors View Post
    just hope they dont give DL the bubble montage like DHS has. lame!
    They actually already use the bubble montage on Small World's facade during Remember... Dreams Come True. I noticed it as I watched it last weekend.

  10. #25

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,387

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker II

    Quote Originally Posted by stitchon View Post
    They actually already use the bubble montage on Small World's facade during Remember... Dreams Come True. I noticed it as I watched it last weekend.
    Is it the same scene used in Fantasmic! at WDW? If so, that's pretty cool, but I agree that it should stay away from Disneyland's Fantasmic!.

    On that note, I am intrigued about the topic of new scenes for Disneyland's version of the show. Perhaps some scenes similar to what Tokyo is getting could be added. Maybe they will put in some water whips - I would love that.

  11. #26

    • Fantasmic! Fanatic
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ventura County, California
    Posts
    598

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker II

    Can anyone elaborate more on the rumored F! upgrades? Haven't heard of this before. Its really sad how disney is using their budgets. The budgets are all low to begin with and then the spread them so thin it really makes no difference. Hopefully there is a separate budget for F! upgrades and rivers of a america upgrades.

  12. #27

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    8,138

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker II

    Quote Originally Posted by stevo505 View Post
    Is it the same scene used in Fantasmic! at WDW? If so, that's pretty cool, but I agree that it should stay away from Disneyland's Fantasmic!.

    On that note, I am intrigued about the topic of new scenes for Disneyland's version of the show. Perhaps some scenes similar to what Tokyo is getting could be added. Maybe they will put in some water whips - I would love that.
    Yep, the exact same scene. It's played during the portion of the show where the various characters are "wishing", so look for it then.

  13. #28

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    4,272

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker II

    Quote Originally Posted by Fantasmanatic View Post
    Can anyone elaborate more on the rumored F! upgrades? Haven't heard of this before. Its really sad how disney is using their budgets. The budgets are all low to begin with and then the spread them so thin it really makes no difference. Hopefully there is a separate budget for F! upgrades and rivers of a america upgrades.
    Its sad and pathetic, and the worse part is, people seem okay with that. And that is what is truly saddening to me.

  14. #29

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,387

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker II

    Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    Its sad and pathetic, and the worse part is, people seem okay with that. And that is what is truly saddening to me.
    Projects don't need extensive budgets to turn out good. I really think Disneyland is doing great with the budgets the company will allow.

  15. #30

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    4,272

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker II

    Quote Originally Posted by stevo505 View Post
    Projects don't need extensive budgets to turn out good. I really think Disneyland is doing great with the budgets the company will allow.
    I don't. I do not feel that Disney is putting their money into the right areas. Magical, for example, was a waste of money that should have gone elsewhere. Celebrate! A Street Party should not have come to allow for Parade of Dreams to stay. Fantasmic! upgrades were understandable. The MSEP should have only brought back the two new floats, and not add new music or create a new float that way the parade would run in it's full form again. Cut Drawn to Magic for more funding to other entertainment offerings.

    Disneyland is spending there money on quick pluses, instead of maintaining the great.


Similar Threads

  1. [News] Disneyland Project Tracker
    By MasterGracey in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 3010
    Last Post: 02-05-2010, 09:56 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •