Page 204 of 262 FirstFirst ... 104154179194201202203204205206207214229254 ... LastLast
Results 3,046 to 3,060 of 3918

• Minion

Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker II

Uuuuuuuuurg!! That looks so extremely pointless and unnecessary!!

Hopefully there isn't any other decor that goes into the park!

• We Go On.

No! No IASW show! What is the point anyway? "Let the memories begin" is an okay way to sell tickets, but once we're inside, no one cares.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    HKDL's new Flights of Fantasy parade:

It's believed that this and Soundsational will have quite a few similarities.
    It will have a couple similarities. The costumes for Minnie,Goofy, etc are the same in both parades. And the opening music is very similar. Its kind of like Mickeys Waterworks Parade in HKDL and Pixar Play Parade in DCA. Similar concepts and music, completely different experiences. Mickey's Soundsational parade is going to be amazing. I love the blending of live music and recorded back tracks. It is going to be one of the best parades ever presented at DLR.

• is too darn hot.

Any idea when auditions for Soundsational will happen?
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Dlr55th View Post
    It will have a couple similarities. The costumes for Minnie,Goofy, etc are the same in both parades. And the opening music is very similar. Its kind of like Mickeys Waterworks Parade in HKDL and Pixar Play Parade in DCA. Similar concepts and music, completely different experiences. Mickey's Soundsational parade is going to be amazing. I love the blending of live music and recorded back tracks. It is going to be one of the best parades ever presented at DLR.
    One thing that I noticed with Flights of Fantasy and I also noticed with the concept art for Soundsational is that there is no real finale. In my opinion, a great parade has an opening and a closing that ties the parade together. Parade of Dreams had the Main Street Station as an opener, and the Castle as a closer. Jubilation has Minnie as an opener and Mickey as a closer. Toy Story doesn't exactly make a great closing float. It doesn't have that huge finale punch. It just kinda stops. I kinda feel the same way a bit about PPP (however Lightning and Mater definitely do a nice job closing out the parade). But no need to get worked up about these things when the show isn't even done yet.

The replacement for the Fantasyland theater should be the Beauty and the Beast attraction that they are building at the Magic Kingdom at Disneyworld. Add the Belle's village and the Beast's castle and mix the restaurant with a dark ride (ala blue bayou and pirates)... done

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Quote Originally Posted by Brisal73 View Post
    The replacement for the Fantasyland theater should be the Beauty and the Beast attraction that they are building at the Magic Kingdom at Disneyworld. Add the Belle's village and the Beast's castle and mix the restaurant with a dark ride (ala blue bayou and pirates)... done
    I think belles village and Beasts castle would fit properly by the old motor boat cruise... putting where fantasyland theatre is really off the beat and path , and although the matterhorn is not thematically anything related to beauty and the beast , i still think it would work in that area better, a nice extension of the current fantasyland

I'd love to see another darkride/resturant mix hit the resort. But I gotta say I'm not a fan of stealing ideas from WDW. Wasn't a fan of the Mermaid/Midway Mania copy predicament and last thing I'd want is California porting a few concepts from MK. Plenty of other movies and ride types they could do.
    "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    One thing that I noticed with Flights of Fantasy and I also noticed with the concept art for Soundsational is that there is no real finale. In my opinion, a great parade has an opening and a closing that ties the parade together. Parade of Dreams had the Main Street Station as an opener, and the Castle as a closer. Jubilation has Minnie as an opener and Mickey as a closer. Toy Story doesn't exactly make a great closing float. It doesn't have that huge finale punch. It just kinda stops. I kinda feel the same way a bit about PPP (however Lightning and Mater definitely do a nice job closing out the parade). But no need to get worked up about these things when the show isn't even done yet.
    I KNEW there was something odd, thanks for pointing that out. My brain got confused at the end of that parade because it felt like it was short a float.

I guess thats were part of me wouldn't mind if they had kept the castle float and reused it as a closer if they didn't feel like building a new finale every time (ya I know thats cheep, WDW type cheap).
    "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Quote Originally Posted by lighttragic View Post
    I think belles village and Beasts castle would fit properly by the old motor boat cruise... putting where fantasyland theatre is really off the beat and path , and although the matterhorn is not thematically anything related to beauty and the beast , i still think it would work in that area better, a nice extension of the current fantasyland
    I really don't think anything will ever go into the Motorboat cruise area unless they can incorporate the monorail track into the design of the show building.

Put your Beast castle there for example: A forced perspective castle wouldn't work with a monorail running in front of it or behind it. The monorail would have to go completely through the building to keep the illusion. As well, I don't think a forced perspective will work next to the Matterhorn. Its just too big and would kill any illusion they try and pull off.

And I actually think if they did the Character dining in Beast's castle, the village below, and a dark ride combo all for Beauty and the Beast it would fit best in the back area where the Fantasyland theater is. It would be flanked by trees on both sides meaning the forced perspective of the Beat's castle would work and there would be plenty of room to all all three things I mentioned. Plus it would fit with the movie and look like its in the woods.

Red = Frontierland Expansion
    Blue = Fantasyland Expansion
    Yellow = Tomorrowland or New Land expansion (monorail track should be reworked)

Most of that yellow area is the Submarine Voyage Showbuilding.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    Most of that yellow area is the Submarine Voyage Showbuilding.
    Could be built on top ala Autopia

• I'm not really here

Pretty sure building codes would step in and prevent that. Unless they are willing to completely rebuild the entire cavern structure.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Not gonna happen, they would have to rebuild everything underneath to support the new structure.