Page 26 of 262 FirstFirst ... 1623242526272829365176126 ... LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker II

Quote Originally Posted by F!an View Post
    It would add to the realism although the effect could only be done one.
    That won't do! Disney would have to film it once, so the public would never get to see the big burn!

• Fireworks Finatic!

According to Al's update today the Rivers of America enhancements are still happening and apparently have not been cut as others have mentioned. He said one of the Keel boats will not be parked in front of the Settler's Cabin and live animals grazing near the Indian Village. Hopefully this is really happening. Will be nice to see some new stuff along the banks as well as returning figures like the bear scratching his back!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by AaronInCal View Post
    He said one of the Keel boats will not be parked in front of the Settler's Cabin and live animals grazing near the Indian Village.
    I thought he said that the Keel Boat is being parked in front of the Settler's Cabin and an AA Mike Fink will be tying it up. So the idea is that the Keel Boat and Cabin belong to Mike Fink.

I am really excited to see the live animals along the river. Didn't someone (was it MacDaddy) have pictures of cardboard cut outs? Those will probably be the Indian Scouts that Al mentioned.

SO EXCITED TO SEE THESE UPDATES!!!!!

• Banned User

Well this is pretty random, but I just noticed that some other parks have costumed performers in atmosphere shows. I would love to see a duo in these costumes join Alice, Hatter, the Band, and friends in atmosphere. They really seem to tie things together:
    http://www.deepdisney.com/img2/10022...010022100s.jpg
    Last edited by penguinsoda; 02-25-2010 at 06:05 AM. Reason: Hotlinked image

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    Well this is pretty random, but I just noticed that some other parks have costumed performers in atmosphere shows. I would love to see a duo in these costumes join Alice, Hatter, the Band, and friends in atmosphere. They really seem to tie things together:
    I don't really want to see them in Disneyland. They seem to reflect the new movie too much and I don't really want to see the new movie in the parks. Also, if they came out with the Band, they would be really out of place. The band's performance has many classic characters and classic songs, which these two characters obviously aren't. My vote would be no, just because they would seem to be out of place with our charming Disneyland.

• Banned User

Uh, no thanks. I don't want some made-up characters that OLC (or HKDL) thinks will be popular because they're girls in weird outfits.

I am a bit hesitant to post this because of a lack of adequate info....but does anyone know about a new restaurant being built under POTC? A family friend told my parents he would be working on the project. My parents aren't Disney buffs and didn't ask him any questions so other than that, I don't have any other info

• Banned User

Maybe the cast member cafe. But not a public restaurant.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by stevo505 View Post
    Uh, no thanks. I don't want some made-up characters that OLC (or HKDL) thinks will be popular because they're girls in weird outfits.
    Yes and those dancers in Tiana's Mardi Gras Celebration are stupid too.....

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by lizzy003 View Post
    I am a bit hesitant to post this because of a lack of adequate info....but does anyone know about a new restaurant being built under POTC? A family friend told my parents he would be working on the project. My parents aren't Disney buffs and didn't ask him any questions so other than that, I don't have any other info
    There is an employee cafeteria being built/refurbished under New Orleans Square. The public won't have access to it though.

• Minion

Yes and those dancers in Tiana's Mardi Gras Celebration are stupid too.....
    But those dancers enhance the experience and are necessary for audience participation. The ones you posted above would be used for nothing more than looks. They wouldn't enhance the experience at all because they are unneeded. The Alice characters always come out in a group, meaning that there are fuzzy and face characters together, so the interaction between guests and fuzzies are taken care of by the faces. So they are unneeded.

Maybe the cast member cafe. But not a public restaurant.
    Thanks for clarifying!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    But those dancers enhance the experience and are necessary for audience participation. The ones you posted above would be used for nothing more than looks. They wouldn't enhance the experience at all because they are unneeded. The Alice characters always come out in a group, meaning that there are fuzzy and face characters together, so the interaction between guests and fuzzies are taken care of by the faces. So they are unneeded.
    You are contradicting yourself. You say that the dancers are necessary for Audience Participation. However, you then go on to say that they are not needed because the face characters can do it themselves.

• Minion

You are contradicting yourself. You say that the dancers are necessary for Audience Participation. However, you then go on to say that they are not needed because the face characters can do it themselves.
    I am talking about 2 different subjects here. I am saying the dancers with Tiana are necessary for audience participation. Then I am saying that the Alice group doesn't need girls like the ones pictured because the face characters (Alice and Mad Hatter) can help guests communicate with the fuzzies (Queen of Hearts, White Rabbit, Tweedle Dee and Dum). So because guests can communicate to the Alice fuzzies through the Alice faces, the girls aren't needed.

• is boring.

I like these outfits. Not sure why they're needed, but they're pretty cool. It's kinda like they're the Mad Hattresses and the Hatter's their pimp!
    Last edited by penguinsoda; 02-25-2010 at 06:06 AM. Reason: Hotlinked image