Page 36 of 262 FirstFirst ... 112633343536373839466186136 ... LastLast
Results 526 to 540 of 3918
  1. #526

    • Disneyman
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    932

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker II

    Thank goodness! That concrete was ridiculous!
    "It's fun to do the impossible." ~Walt Disney

  2. #527

    •   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    9,021
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker II

    I still don't see why they didn't coat the wet concrete in sand or dirt so that it stuck there perminently.

  3. #528

    • Parmageddon Jim
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Under the Hyperion Bridge
    Posts
    665

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker II

    I didn't even know there was a "WDI show quality control team." Yay for them!

    Now could somebody have them take a look at the new wall where the strollers used to be? At least dig a planter and put in some climbing fig, that's one ugly wall.
    So full of Disney Magic, my eyes are blue.

  4. #529

    •   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    9,021
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker II

    Quote Originally Posted by Gn2Dlnd View Post
    I didn't even know there was a "WDI show quality control team." Yay for them!

    Now could somebody have them take a look at the new wall where the strollers used to be? At least dig a planter and put in some climbing fig, that's one ugly wall.
    I feel bad for that team. Their list must be HUGE. haha

  5. #530

    • Established 2005
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    832

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker II

    Just back from the park and saw that the water is drained. It does look terrible, but looks like they are wasting no time. New markings and possible some concrete already cut away.

  6. #531

    • Waiting 4 DCA Demolition
    • Online

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Chickapin Hill
    Posts
    1,507

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker II

    From Screamscape.com

    Park News - (3/5/10) As wild as it sounds, one rumor going around the Disneyland Resort is WDI is in talks with Vekoma on creating a Tron Lightcycle themed version of their Booster Bike coaster. It’s just a Blue Sky idea right now, but I’m told the coaster system may have multiple launch zones to increase the speed of the ride as you approach and enter into a very twisted finale sequence. Sounds great to me.
    Now for the flip side of the coin… seems the Disney legal team is mucking about with Disney’s E-Ticket rides again… and we know what they did after messing around with Splash Mountain a few years ago. This time the target is rumored to be Big Thunder Mountain, as apparently the numbers are being drawn up to see what it would take to replace the current bench-seat style trains with something more like Expedition Everest, which will feature two individual seats and individual lap bars. If approved, I’ve heard that the new trains could actually arrive by the end of 2010.
    Last edited by DL_CRAZE; 03-04-2010 at 09:49 PM.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE
    __________________________________________________________

  7. #532

    •   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    9,021
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker II

    Quote Originally Posted by ErikInTheCity View Post
    Just back from the park and saw that the water is drained. It does look terrible, but looks like they are wasting no time. New markings and possible some concrete already cut away.
    Let this be a ray of light to those who think Disney is unwilling to fix its mistakes.

  8. #533

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Bothell, Wa
    Posts
    3,418

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker II

    Quote Originally Posted by DL_CRAZE View Post
    From Screamscape.com

    Now for the flip side of the coin… seems the Disney legal team is mucking about with Disney’s E-Ticket rides again… and we know what they did after messing around with Splash Mountain a few years ago. This time the target is rumored to be Big Thunder Mountain, as apparently the numbers are being drawn up to see what it would take to replace the current bench-seat style trains with something more like Expedition Everest, which will feature two individual seats and individual lap bars. If approved, I’ve heard that the new trains could actually arrive by the end of 2010.

    NNOOOO!!!!!!!! BTMRR is fine the way it is, the train works because it looks like a mine train, and you can slide around a bit which makes it fun to play corners
    Trips coming up:

    May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

  9. #534

    • .
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,923

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker II

    Quote Originally Posted by Reeder View Post
    Thank goodness! That concrete was ridiculous!
    The concrete was a small scale test for work going on on the River, and how that process was adaptable to show. There were two extremes tested, the other near Hungry Brear. That one won.

  10. #535

    • .
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,923

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker II

    Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    NNOOOO!!!!!!!! BTMRR is fine the way it is, the train works because it looks like a mine train, and you can slide around a bit which makes it fun to play corners
    Everest trains are very comfortable.

  11. #536

    •   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    9,021
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker II

    Quote Originally Posted by mrfantasmic View Post
    The concrete was a small scale test for work going on on the River, and how that process was adaptable to show. There were two extremes tested, the other near Hungry Brear. That one won.
    How does the other option look?

  12. #537

    • We Go On.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,793

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker II

    About the Tron Light Cycles- High speed accelerations in many places leading up to a twisty finale? Sounds kind of like the peoplemover/Rocket Rods track to me.

    I like this BTMRR rumor. I would love Everest-style cars (minus the headrests). Even so, those bobsleds over in Fantasyland need to be dealt with first.

  13. #538

    • Disneyman
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    932

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker II

    Quote Originally Posted by WDITrent View Post
    <snip>.....those bobsleds over in Fantasyland need to be dealt with first.

    I disagree. I love the rickety old things. I say keep'em that way forever.
    "It's fun to do the impossible." ~Walt Disney

  14. #539

    • Disneyman
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    932

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker II

    Quote Originally Posted by mrfantasmic View Post
    The concrete was a small scale test for work going on on the River, and how that process was adaptable to show. There were two extremes tested, the other near Hungry Brear. That one won.
    You sure? I'm not so sure I buy that. They can do plenty of tests off-site without having to interfere with the guest experience, especially something as simple as adding concrete to a pond. Why anyone would even CONSIDER the style near the Frontierland entrance is beyond me. It looked like a miniature golf course.
    Last edited by Reeder; 03-05-2010 at 09:14 AM.
    "It's fun to do the impossible." ~Walt Disney

  15. #540

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Between This World And The Next
    Posts
    599

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker II

    I don't see why the whole track from the PeopleMover/RRs has to be themed to Tron anyways. It wasn't before and it worked beautifully. The track took you through different things which helped out big time. Make it another slow ride and when the cars go into a building there could be a section like before where it is fast paced making you feel like you are moving fast.
    Besides, the Tron cycles are in the computer game grid and not in real life so that already would be breaking the theme. But of course for those that don't care, Tomorrowland is already the new Fantasyland extension so they might as well pretend.


Similar Threads

  1. [News] Disneyland Project Tracker
    By MasterGracey in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 3010
    Last Post: 02-05-2010, 09:56 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •