Page 36 of 262 FirstFirst ... 112633343536373839466186136 ... LastLast

• Disneyman

Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker II

Thank goodness! That concrete was ridiculous!
    "It's fun to do the impossible." ~Walt Disney

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

I still don't see why they didn't coat the wet concrete in sand or dirt so that it stuck there perminently.

• Parmageddon Jim

I didn't even know there was a "WDI show quality control team." Yay for them!

Now could somebody have them take a look at the new wall where the strollers used to be? At least dig a planter and put in some climbing fig, that's one ugly wall.
    So full of Disney Magic, my eyes are blue.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gn2Dlnd View Post
    I didn't even know there was a "WDI show quality control team." Yay for them!

Now could somebody have them take a look at the new wall where the strollers used to be? At least dig a planter and put in some climbing fig, that's one ugly wall.
    I feel bad for that team. Their list must be HUGE. haha

• Established 2005

Just back from the park and saw that the water is drained. It does look terrible, but looks like they are wasting no time. New markings and possible some concrete already cut away.

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

From Screamscape.com

Park News - (3/5/10) As wild as it sounds, one rumor going around the Disneyland Resort is WDI is in talks with Vekoma on creating a Tron Lightcycle themed version of their Booster Bike coaster. It’s just a Blue Sky idea right now, but I’m told the coaster system may have multiple launch zones to increase the speed of the ride as you approach and enter into a very twisted finale sequence. Sounds great to me.
    Now for the flip side of the coin… seems the Disney legal team is mucking about with Disney’s E-Ticket rides again… and we know what they did after messing around with Splash Mountain a few years ago. This time the target is rumored to be Big Thunder Mountain, as apparently the numbers are being drawn up to see what it would take to replace the current bench-seat style trains with something more like Expedition Everest, which will feature two individual seats and individual lap bars. If approved, I’ve heard that the new trains could actually arrive by the end of 2010.
    Last edited by DL_CRAZE; 03-04-2010 at 09:49 PM.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ErikInTheCity View Post
    Just back from the park and saw that the water is drained. It does look terrible, but looks like they are wasting no time. New markings and possible some concrete already cut away.
    Let this be a ray of light to those who think Disney is unwilling to fix its mistakes.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DL_CRAZE View Post
    From Screamscape.com

Now for the flip side of the coin… seems the Disney legal team is mucking about with Disney’s E-Ticket rides again… and we know what they did after messing around with Splash Mountain a few years ago. This time the target is rumored to be Big Thunder Mountain, as apparently the numbers are being drawn up to see what it would take to replace the current bench-seat style trains with something more like Expedition Everest, which will feature two individual seats and individual lap bars. If approved, I’ve heard that the new trains could actually arrive by the end of 2010.

NNOOOO!!!!!!!! BTMRR is fine the way it is, the train works because it looks like a mine train, and you can slide around a bit which makes it fun to play corners
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

Quote Originally Posted by Reeder View Post
    Thank goodness! That concrete was ridiculous!
    The concrete was a small scale test for work going on on the River, and how that process was adaptable to show. There were two extremes tested, the other near Hungry Brear. That one won.

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    NNOOOO!!!!!!!! BTMRR is fine the way it is, the train works because it looks like a mine train, and you can slide around a bit which makes it fun to play corners
    Everest trains are very comfortable.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mrfantasmic View Post
    The concrete was a small scale test for work going on on the River, and how that process was adaptable to show. There were two extremes tested, the other near Hungry Brear. That one won.
    How does the other option look?

• We Go On.

About the Tron Light Cycles- High speed accelerations in many places leading up to a twisty finale? Sounds kind of like the peoplemover/Rocket Rods track to me.

I like this BTMRR rumor. I would love Everest-style cars (minus the headrests). Even so, those bobsleds over in Fantasyland need to be dealt with first.

• Disneyman

Quote Originally Posted by WDITrent View Post
    <snip>.....those bobsleds over in Fantasyland need to be dealt with first.

I disagree. I love the rickety old things. I say keep'em that way forever.

• Disneyman

Quote Originally Posted by mrfantasmic View Post
    You sure? I'm not so sure I buy that. They can do plenty of tests off-site without having to interfere with the guest experience, especially something as simple as adding concrete to a pond. Why anyone would even CONSIDER the style near the Frontierland entrance is beyond me. It looked like a miniature golf course.
    Last edited by Reeder; 03-05-2010 at 09:14 AM.

I don't see why the whole track from the PeopleMover/RRs has to be themed to Tron anyways. It wasn't before and it worked beautifully. The track took you through different things which helped out big time. Make it another slow ride and when the cars go into a building there could be a section like before where it is fast paced making you feel like you are moving fast.
    Besides, the Tron cycles are in the computer game grid and not in real life so that already would be breaking the theme. But of course for those that don't care, Tomorrowland is already the new Fantasyland extension so they might as well pretend.