Page 41 of 262 FirstFirst ... 163138394041424344516691141 ... LastLast

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker II

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    They look hideous. Vomitous even.
    Really? I love it! If nothing else, please tell me you at least like these better than the Years of Millions of Dreams barf that adorned them?

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    Really? I love it! If nothing else, please tell me you at least like these better than the Years of Millions of Dreams barf that adorned them?
    I rather have the Tron design than that hideous YOAMD design they put on the WDW monorails. At least when the decorated the Mark V to that, it looked better than that.

Anyway, whats the news on the Matterhorn since it reopened today. Still the same or did something change?

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    I will grant you that the Tron is better than YOAMD... however, that does not excuse the fact that it is a massively monumental breaking of theme. This is a theme park, these are a theme park ride (even though WDW uses theirs for transportation, they are still park of a theme park). They are not city buses to have decals and advertisements simply slapped on them willy-nilly. Why on Earth do you need to advertise like this anyway? YOAMD made no sense at all... people are already in the park, they are surrounded by the YOAMD stuff, no need to put it on the monorails as well. People will see trailers and ads on TV and in theaters for Tron, again, no need to bring that into the parks. You go to the parks to leave that sort of thing behind. That's why I dislike the whole idea. It's not about the graphic design of the wraps themselves, it's about how the monorails look wrapped, and frankly, there is not a wrap on Earth you could put on them that I would approve of.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

I will grant you that the Tron is better than YOAMD... however, that does not excuse the fact that it is a massively monumental breaking of theme. This is a theme park, these are a theme park ride (even though WDW uses theirs for transportation, they are still park of a theme park). They are not city buses to have decals and advertisements simply slapped on them willy-nilly. Why on Earth do you need to advertise like this anyway? YOAMD made no sense at all... people are already in the park, they are surrounded by the YOAMD stuff, no need to put it on the monorails as well. People will see trailers and ads on TV and in theaters for Tron, again, no need to bring that into the parks. You go to the parks to leave that sort of thing behind. That's why I dislike the whole idea. It's not about the graphic design of the wraps themselves, it's about how the monorails look wrapped, and frankly, there is not a wrap on Earth you could put on them that I would approve of.
    I think they should wrap the Monorails with a copy of your signature.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Quacky4Donald View Post
    I debated saying that I'd be ok with a 150 foot long Ariel wrap... but I really wouldn't. lol.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TrevorD View Post
    Exactly. haha
    Probably, but "Photoshopped" has become the "Kleenex" of the digital photo retouching field. So, whether they are using a simple free photo app or some high end proprietary application, the term is equally used.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by bfdf55 View Post
    Probably, but "Photoshopped" has become the "Kleenex" of the digital photo retouching field. So, whether they are using a simple free photo app or some high end proprietary application, the term is equally used.
    The truly ironic thing is that even the really amazing, stunning, perfect posters are Photoshopped

• will-o-the-whip

Quote Originally Posted by Quacky4Donald View Post
    I was thinking the same thing, you bet me to it. Wrap the monorail in Mycroft's sig!

• I'm not really here

Didn't realize my new sig would be so popular Alright, I give in... I'll call Disney and do a license deal with them lol

• Future Indy Castmember

Didn't realize my new sig would be so popular Alright, I give in... I'll call Disney and do a license deal with them lol
    I can see the reactions now:

Child: Mommy whos that guy on the monorail?

Mother: I don't know son, but it looks like he loves ariel more than his wife.

LOL

Sry mycroft but I just thought about it and figured it would be funny. Not inteded to be mean.

For the VII's, I can see something more subtle for the new TRON film being put on the monorails here.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• will-o-the-whip

The old one was good too... I think we'll let Disney take both for each monorail.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
    Mother: I don't know son, but it looks like he loves ariel more than his wife.
    That's awesome... it's all good. My wife teases me about it relentlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by indianajack View Post
    The old one was good too... I think we'll let Disney take both for each monorail.
    Thanks My wife does them for me... which might actually be a conflict of interests, I don't know.

I still really hope they don't wrap ours though.

• Parmageddon Jim

Quote Originally Posted by TrevorD View Post
    I don't get it. Why is "photoshopped" being used negativly? Its a tool that many companies use to edit and change graphics. What do you expect Disney to do? Should they, because they are Disney go and get a more expensive program to do the exact same thing? Aren't all posters made on graphic editing programs?
    1) It looks cheap.

2) Disney, because they are Disney, should use one of their Disney artists to to the job by hand.

3) No.

It's bugged me for years that, instead of handpainting, or screenprinting signs, as they did in the past, they've used common fonts and text programs for creating sign around the parks. Even the Princess Fantasy Faire signage uses the Harrington font, a font that I can't help but notice, because I've used it for the last 8 years on the labels for my own product. I expect my customers to be okay with me using a computer program to create signage for my farmer's market stand and labels for my product, because I'm not selling anything but cheese crisps. It's the height of irony for Disney, a company known for innovative and world-class visual art, to not use a human sign painter to create "sorry, this attraction is unavailable today" signs for use inside the parks.
    So full of Disney Magic, my eyes are blue.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Gn2Dlnd View Post
    It's the height of irony for Disney, a company known for innovative and world-class visual art, to not use a human sign painter to create "sorry, this attraction is unavailable today" signs for use inside the parks.
    You do realize that Disney handpaints more than anyone else? They hand paint queue details, they do handpainted scroll work to make it look like wood inlay on the Lily Belle and other places. etc. You do also realize that Photoshop is the de facto standard right? Everything gets photoshopped, movie posters, etc, and has been for many years. Often times they'll use photoshop to design and then stencils are created for people to hand paint with. But it still all starts in photoshop. The only reason Walt didn't do it that was is because it didn't exist. But Walt was always attempting to find the next efficient and useful technology, sometimes inventing it where it didn't already exist. DACS, Xerox process for animation, etc to name a few.

• Parmageddon Jim

All those nice handpainted queue details and such only serve to make the computer printed graphics look cheap and lazy. Maybe they should switch to only digitally created graphics throughout the parks, give the place some consistency.

I'm not a fan of the "but everybody else does it" justification for doing something on the cheap. The computer printed signs don't live up to Disney show standards. Whether it's a "photoshopped" sun in an iasw poster, non-custom font used on attraction signage, or an attraction closure sign that looks like it was picked up at the Kinko's print shop, none of it meets onstage show quality.
    So full of Disney Magic, my eyes are blue.