Page 5 of 262 FirstFirst ... 2345678153055105 ... LastLast

Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker II

Quote Originally Posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
    I didn't say close main street, I SAID close each main street shop up. Each shop is connected. It's like one huge shop. I meant make each shop individual again...
    I apologise. I wasn't really clear on your meaning.
    ------------------------------------------------

Mickey Mouse speaking to the wise-men who set up the World of Color foutains crooked. Should have hired 'Wet Design' Mickey.

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

looking at the tinker bell idea

where are they going to put it.. i dont think much of the Motorboat cruise water area is left now that is been built over after the gummi bear glen closed

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFan28 View Post
    looking at the tinker bell idea

where are they going to put it.. i dont think much of the Motorboat cruise water area is left now that is been built over after the gummi bear glen closed
    I think it is to be a dry dark ride, so they would fill in the rest of the lagoon and build a structure on top of it.

30 Minutes from the Happiest Place on Earth

But when WOC opens over in DCA, there's a chance that there will be less crowds for the fireworks and Fantasmic therefore if they are planning on this I think they should wait to see the effect of WOC on the rest of the resort.
    "To all who come to this happy place... welcome." -Walt Disney
    "And that was without even a single drop of rum" -Jack Sparrow

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek138 View Post
    But when WOC opens over in DCA, there's a chance that there will be less crowds for the fireworks and Fantasmic therefore if they are planning on this I think they should wait to see the effect of WOC on the rest of the resort.
    But DCA is hopefully going to be a major draw on its own. So eventually there will be days when both parks are packed. DCA is not going to completely prevent DL from hitting capacity certain times of the year or being very busy during the nighttime shows still. Also, if they are serious about adding 2 more E-tickets to DL, it's going to potentially have an even higher number of guests, meaning they'll be facing crowding issues in the hub and Mainstreet even more often.

• Misses WDW

Anything new with EO?

• HauntedOne999

Having worked at the park, I think the arcade idea is perfect.

Walt wanted to have arcades on either side of Main Street in many of the upgrades he proposed for the park.

The west-side of Main Street is too narrow the only way to make it somewhat work is that it couldnt be covered... This would be the cheapest way to put one in. The backsides of the building would have to be outfitted with facades and the boast storage area of the Jungle Cruise would have to be themed (but Boats sitting in storage would clash with the turn-of-the-century theme).

The East side is larger and would be the better candidate(this was the initial area that Walt wanted as International Street). The pink facade near the "Egg House Gate" could easily be convereted into the entrace to the arcade and there is pretty much a straight shot to Center Street (the gate near the lockers). The biggest obstical is getting past Center Street to the Plaza near first aide and the Plaza Inn. Most of this backstage area houses the nurse trailers. However I would like to see the First Aide Station/Lost Children Center to be redone and themed to Main Street... if this was done the arcade could slip in nicely and feel like it was always there and would not impede on the float storage area between parades.
    Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TrevorD View Post
    I think it is to be a dry dark ride, so they would fill in the rest of the lagoon and build a structure on top of it.
    Or they could dig a hole deeper, and a little bit wider, to accommodate more room.
    Keywords here: A CHANCE. At first, there will be a drop, obviously, because it's the little sister's new "toy". Things will even out, and there will still be a draw to F! if they do show upgrades. Disney wouldn't just cut off one of their most popular nighttime shows, especially at the original location.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    But DCA is hopefully going to be a major draw on its own. So eventually there will be days when both parks are packed. DCA is not going to completely prevent DL from hitting capacity certain times of the year or being very busy during the nighttime shows still. Also, if they are serious about adding 2 more E-tickets to DL, it's going to potentially have an even higher number of guests, meaning they'll be facing crowding issues in the hub and Mainstreet even more often.
    Exactly. Why must you put things so right? Give the little guys a chance, eh? haha
    Quote Originally Posted by OhanasRules View Post
    Anything new with EO?
    Not since they covered up the posters that made it online within the hour...no.

• Parmageddon Jim

I didn't say close main street, I SAID close each main street shop up. Each shop is connected. It's like one huge shop. I meant make each shop individual again...
    The Main Street shops have always been connected. The facades make it look as if there are many small buildings, but it's four big buildings. Years ago, during a lecture with Marty Sklar and Karal Ann Marling on the book, "Designing Disney Theme Parks: The Architecture of Reassurance," they talked about the shops on Main Street being America's first indoor mall.

After looking at the arcade pictures from Paris, I think it would be a great idea to add an Eastern passageway to Main Street. As the passageways in DLP are named Discovery Arcade, with displays themed to discoveries and inventions of the era, and Liberty Arcade, with displays themed to the Statue of Liberty, ours could be Edison Arcade, with displays themed to the new inventions and uses of electricity in turn-of-the-twentieth-century America. Finally Main Street could have its Edison Square!
    So full of Disney Magic, my eyes are blue.

• HauntedOne999

Quote Originally Posted by Gn2Dlnd View Post
    The Main Street shops have always been connected. The facades make it look as if there are many small buildings, but it's four big buildings. Years ago, during a lecture with Marty Sklar and Karal Ann Marling on the book, "Designing Disney Theme Parks: The Architecture of Reassurance," they talked about the shops on Main Street being America's first indoor mall.
    actually the stores werent connected together till the 90's(somewhere around 91-93)... for instance: the penny arcade wasnt connected to the Candy Palace or Gibson Girl/Sunkist House/Puffin Bakery - the northern candy palace entrance was the original Mad Hatter on Main Street and before that was Cole Of California Swimsuit shop....and the back seating area of Gibson girl (where the jade elephant is)was another section of the Penny arcade and at one point was a shooting gallery.
    Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

Quote Originally Posted by stevo505 View Post
    So this would be a covered arcade correct? If so, I'd love to see a canopy similar to Tokyo Disneyland's World Bazaar.
    oh no, lets hope nothing like that is ever considered

After seeing the pics of the arcade I have no objection to it except that I'd rather have management spend the money on something a little more important before they decided to build this. It doesn't seem as important as other things they could do around the parks right now.
    Actually i think it is one of the most important additions that the park should receive.

As Disneyland park begins to loose expansion space the management will have to start relying on large entertainment venues like it has the last few years. Things like the fireworks are a big draw for guests to the park and they constantly create more and more issues with overcrowding which makes the experience sometimes unbearable.

Add to that the fact that people are getting heavier which has caused the huge increase in ECV and wheelchairs which create even worse traffice headaches within the small and limited walkways.

building a nice themed arcade that runs along the east side of mainstreet will help eleviate some of the problems that management is having to deal with now.

having to constantly open unthemd back areas is also not something that i am not in favor off.

Other areas that management should look into to help with traffic flow are fantasyland. They should also look into creating a connection between the fantasyland theater and the ranch area. If new attractions are planned for that northern part of frontierland that should be one thing that is implemented into the expansion plan

i would agree with this if the connections for the shop did not have a definate transitional point. As they are now i think they did a great job of maintaining each shops indentity but at the same time create a better traffic flow for guests. The entrances to each store and the size of each individual store are not sufficient enough to hold large groups of people at one time

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

^This is true too, but if they had an arcade, would they need the guest flow straight through all the shops, or just a few together?

• Banned User

World of Wonder Parade? Does anybody have any sort of idea at all?!

Page 5 of 262 FirstFirst ... 2345678153055105 ... LastLast