Page 6 of 262 FirstFirst ... 3456789163156106 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker II

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    World of Wonder Parade? Does anybody have any sort of idea at all?!
    If you're suggesting this doesn't sound like a good idea, then I disagree. It was supposed to be an extravagant parade featuring representations of the lands of Disneyland, similar to the scale of Parade of Dreams. But, alas, it was canceled due to budget cuts in entertainment I believe. Hopefully the idea is revived so we can put CASP to sleep forever...

• Banned User

So will this arcade just be a theming of the current passageway that is used by CMs only, or will we get a completely new structure?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by RCT3 View Post
    So will this arcade just be a theming of the current passageway that is used by CMs only, or will we get a completely new structure?
    I hope it will be a new structure. It is supposed to have a canopy covering it, so we'll see what they do.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by stevo505 View Post
    If you're suggesting this doesn't sound like a good idea, then I disagree. It was supposed to be an extravagant parade featuring representations of the lands of Disneyland, similar to the scale of Parade of Dreams. But, alas, it was canceled due to budget cuts in entertainment I believe. Hopefully the idea is revived so we can put CASP to sleep forever...
    Oh, no. I am desperately hoping we get World of Wonder. I have read all the rumors about how large it is suppose to be. I hope it is very similar in size and concept to Jubilation as previously rumored. I really do hope it comes to the park very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by TrevorD View Post
    ^This is true too, but if they had an arcade, would they need the guest flow straight through all the shops, or just a few together?

yes true at that point i would close off a couple of the connections and leave others as is.

the first one i would close would be the one between the cafe and Disneyana

• Banned User

Oh, no. I am desperately hoping we get World of Wonder. I have read all the rumors about how large it is suppose to be. I hope it is very similar in size and concept to Jubilation as previously rumored. I really do hope it comes to the park very soon.
    Then I misunderstood. It sounds like it would be an amazing parade. Disneyland really needs an entertainment offering of this quality right now.

the concept for World of Wonder was amazing and it was a terrible shock to see it put on hold and then keep the aweful CASP going.

the size of the floats along with the amount of activity on them would have given the park an amazing addition for the anniversary.

30 Minutes from the Happiest Place on Earth

I really hope DL gets this parade. I have never seen C!ASP all the way through and I have no plans to so hopefully they can get a good parade in there.

Speaking of parades, has anybody heard anything more about MSEP being moved back to Disneyland?
    "To all who come to this happy place... welcome." -Walt Disney
    "And that was without even a single drop of rum" -Jack Sparrow

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    the concept for World of Wonder was amazing and it was a terrible shock to see it put on hold and then keep the aweful CASP going.

the size of the floats along with the amount of activity on them would have given the park an amazing addition for the anniversary.
    Would you care to elaborate? You always have useful information Baloo!

the parade was suppose to have lots of acrobatic elements with each float having several large moving elements. the concept had lots of ideas very similar to the one in Tokyo.

As a matter of fact this was not the only parade that was being considered and desigend for the Anaheim resort. The other parade was a new generation electrical parade using all new floats with LED's and projections. The hope was that that parade would be DCA's 10th anniversary gift and would replace the aging DELP at the end the aging parade instead was given a multi year upgrade plan. Part of that being that people were still to fond of the aging parade.

One of the reasons i am not fond of the constant desire of some people to bring back attractions like Captian EO, peoplemover and ATIS or even the constant desire to bring back the electrical parade back to mainstreet. WDI and entertainment have several very interesting ideas for new adiditions but when a group of people holding the money and making the calls see the opportunity to invest little and bring back some of these these these other projects get pushed aside.

its interesting how much some of these group of people listen to the boards when it means that things could be done with minimal investment and sitll satisfy a percentage of their business clientelle

• Parmageddon Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Alpoe001 View Post
    actually the stores werent connected together till the 90's(somewhere around 91-93)... for instance: the penny arcade wasnt connected to the Candy Palace or Gibson Girl/Sunkist House/Puffin Bakery - the northern candy palace entrance was the original Mad Hatter on Main Street and before that was Cole Of California Swimsuit shop....and the back seating area of Gibson girl (where the jade elephant is)was another section of the Penny arcade and at one point was a shooting gallery.
    Well, Marty has been known to lie.

Which Disneyland were you a CM at? You may be right about Carnation not having a walkway through to Sunkist, and the Penny Arcade not being open to the Candy Palace, I don't recall. But, as a sweeper from '80-'82, and a kid in the '70s who used the shops as a short cut to get through crowds, Emporium through Center Street was an open pathway, as well as Clothiers through Carefree Corner (now the photo shop) on the other side of the street. The Music shop (tobacconist, then) was connected to the Magic Shop, was connected to the Preview House (whatever that corner shop is called now.) The Main Street Cinema has always stood alone, and I can't, off the top of my head, remember what was in the space of Disneyana, and whether or not it was connected to the Market House.

Of course, now we have the Opera House open on one side to the bank, and the other side to the Mad Hatter as one big complex. As long as each space keeps its personality, I don't have an issue with it, but the Opera House/Mad Hatter side of the building is definitely experiencing a little "mission creep."
    So full of Disney Magic, my eyes are blue.

• Banned User

the parade was suppose to have lots of acrobatic elements with each float having several large moving elements. the concept had lots of ideas very similar to the one in Tokyo.

As a matter of fact this was not the only parade that was being considered and desigend for the Anaheim resort. The other parade was a new generation electrical parade using all new floats with LED's and projections. The hope was that that parade would be DCA's 10th anniversary gift and would replace the aging DELP at the end the aging parade instead was given a multi year upgrade plan. Part of that being that people were still to fond of the aging parade.
    So basically, versions of Jubilation and Dreamlights would have been parading across the ocean to the Disneyland Resort? Wow, it is really depressing this did not happen.

that pretty much says it all. Similar concepts completely diferent themes but instead CASP continues along with a slightly altered DEP

• Banned User

that pretty much says it all. Similar concepts completely diferent themes but instead CASP continues along with a slightly altered DEP
    How unfortunate.

After seeing that the Tinker Bell Dark ride is under development does anybody have any you know, concept art or details, or maybe even when it will be released except for "after 2010"
    Thx!

Thank you, everybody here, for bringing some of the magic home to my computer and letting me have some fun.

Page 6 of 262 FirstFirst ... 3456789163156106 ... LastLast