Page 69 of 262 FirstFirst ... 194459666768697071727994119169 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 3918

• Cleared for the option

Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker II

I think I know where they are going with this. Perhaps they just need to add the canon.
    http://www.graveyardoftheatlantic.com/MonitorBattle.jpg
    Last edited by penguinsoda; 04-20-2010 at 04:58 AM. Reason: Hotlinked image

• Collision speed....FULL!

Quote Originally Posted by bfdf55 View Post
    What's with the keelboat prop? It's obviously NOT either of the originals. While Richard Kraft has the Bertha Mae, Disneyland still has the Gullywhumper. Why not put that one there? And if they don't want to use the actual one, they could have at least built a replica that looked like it.
    Ever consider that they're probably going for a simpler, yet more authentic Keel boat-- a tribute to what inspired the attraction, and not just a reminder of an extinct ride? (which I think is better).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2HmWak4I_c#t=0m36.5s

• Yeti Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by WDITrent View Post
    EDIT: According to Disney and More, this poster is actually heading for Disneyland! Maybe Art on Demand isn't far behind.
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/__1HAWpldDa...ter%5B1%5D.jpg
    I hope not. That doesn't mesh with the other attraction posters at all, which have heavily stylized artwork and no photography. That looks like a brochure for a science museum.

The Mr. Toad and Jungle Cruise posters are awesome. It's nice that they employed the Swiss Family design for the Tarzan poster, but it just reminds me how awesome it would be if...y'know, the treehouse went back to the way it was. Back when it was good.
    Last edited by penguinsoda; 04-20-2010 at 04:58 AM. Reason: Hotlinked image in quote

What's with the keelboat prop? It's obviously NOT either of the originals. While Richard Kraft has the Bertha Mae, Disneyland still has the Gullywhumper. Why not put that one there? And if they don't want to use the actual one, they could have at least built a replica that looked like it.
    It's the Gullywhumper.
    Keel and frame, just new dressing.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus View Post
    Ever consider that they're probably going for a simpler, yet more authentic Keel boat-- a tribute to what inspired the attraction, and not just a reminder of an extinct ride? (which I think is better).

YouTube - Davy Crockett and the River Pirates - Movie Trailer
    What they have built is no more authentic than the original DL keelboats (which were pretty authentic in their own right). And, as it's in Disneyland, people would expect a Disney keelboat.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mrfantasmic View Post
    It's the Gullywhumper.
    Keel and frame, just new dressing.
    Ruining the original like that makes no sense. Putting the Gullywhumper there without modifications would make a lot more sense than rebuilding it into something that looks wrong.

• I'm not really here

Do we know the condition that the original was in? Would it have have been bad enough to warrant a re-build?

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• is too darn hot.

Sheesh, what's your problem with it? It looks like a keelboat.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

Ruining the original like that makes no sense. Putting the Gullywhumper there without modifications would make a lot more sense than rebuilding it into something that looks wrong.
    The original was deteriorated beyond belief. It was restore it or lose it forever. Mr. Baxter chose to restore it.

• Misses WDW

Anyone know if Fantasmic! will have any improvements when it returns? Did they do any work to increase the range of motion for the Dragon?

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

I love the new attraction posters! The Jungle Cruise one is so much more adventurous and exciting

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by waddahell View Post
    Indy still needs its poster up...maybe someday
    I thought it was somewhere. Am I wrong?

If it had windows, it would be more similar. I wonder why they opted not to do so. Perhaps they're scared of people swimming for a picture on the boat? haha

• Collision speed....FULL!

What they have built is no more authentic than the original DL keelboats (which were pretty authentic in their own right). And, as it's in Disneyland, people would expect a Disney keelboat.
    You're right, people should expect a Disney Keelboat; just like the Gullywhumper as it was when it was stuck in Fowler's Harbor before being converted into an attraction.

I don't see how they are "ruining" it, especially if they're restoring it back to it's original original look.

That's a keelboat, not a abandoned ride.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
    I love the new attraction posters! The Jungle Cruise one is so much more adventurous and exciting
    Too bad the cruise isn't that adveturous and dengerous...LOL

• Nope! No grown-ups here!

Quote Originally Posted by blorgan View Post
    ??? Am I the only one who can't see any details?
    Nope. I couldn't hardly make out diddly-poop from the video, neither. So, I took some screenshots from the video and did my best to clean them up. Mind you, these still aren't great, but they are a bit less dark, so maybe we can pick a few more details out from them:

Bon appétit!
    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!