Page 8 of 262 FirstFirst ... 567891011183358108 ... LastLast

Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker II

Quote Originally Posted by bfdf55 View Post
    The arcade they are considering will be on the east side and will have a roof. The west side being discussed is just where they have exited guests in the past, but has never seriously been considered as a permanent arcade.
    It has long been considered for a themed walkway by several key imagineers. The concepts would have brought a clever twist to the Main Street story and added a new dimension. The east arcade is more recent and more complicated.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mrfantasmic View Post
    It has long been considered for a themed walkway by several key imagineers. The concepts would have brought a clever twist to the Main Street story and added a new dimension. The east arcade is more recent and more complicated.
    The west side is just too tight for any constant guest flow and still provide for the necessary backstage access. They have to service all the shops and restaurants and provide access to Jungle cruise boats (actual removal) and the trolly stored back there. There is just no way that they could seriously consider a permanent guest arcade on that side.

As for the west side, an arcade would probably push some shop storage out, but still provide CM access without disrupting guests. The west side doesn't have attraction or restaurant issues that the east side does.

This wouldn't be a permanent walkway. The west would still only be used during parades and fireworks as necessary.

• Banned User

this is ridiculous!!! i cant believe that the budget was cut for ROA!!! why can't they just focus some of their attention of things that make disney what it is, like great story-telling and animatronics for a more immersive experience?! first we get tugged along about the hatbox ghost, and now this!! and i dont get why nobody seems to care!?!? this entire thread has been talking about back walkways from the penny arcade!! at least we're not talking for pages about the construction of the new stroller rental place like we were on the last project tracker. i wanted to see wildlife, i wanted to see more of an "attraction" out of the river, not the depleted and empty diorama its been for the last 10 years. without the show upgrades to the scenic areas, the mark twain will never be as big of a draw as it once was. every time i'm at the park, i see maybe 30 people on the boat per trip, and if they were to fill the boat then that would be a HUGE boost to the "ride per capita" or whatever the term they use for guests doing something. sorry if i sound angry, but i just hate seeing them cut budgets on the ingenuity and creative aspects of the park, just so they can do things like remodel the hamburger restaurant in tomorrowland.

Don't overreact to rumors of budgets being cut. Remember, they're just rumors.
    The only people who are guilty of stringing along about the Hatbox ghost are those who took online rumors for fact. Disney never said a thing about it.

Also, food location maintenance and attraction refurbishments are part of separate budgets.

• Minion

the Frontierland bridge progress - looks like it will be concrete inside with wood on the outside:

30 Minutes from the Happiest Place on Earth

Quote Originally Posted by Ron W View Post
    the Frontierland bridge progress - looks like it will be concrete inside with wood on the outside:

So the D23 website was wrong... they said the bridge was supposed to be opened on February 4th... three days ago... Wonder why its been delayed?
    "To all who come to this happy place... welcome." -Walt Disney
    "And that was without even a single drop of rum" -Jack Sparrow

• HauntedOne999

Quote Originally Posted by Gn2Dlnd View Post
    Well, Marty has been known to lie.

Which Disneyland were you a CM at? You may be right about Carnation not having a walkway through to Sunkist, and the Penny Arcade not being open to the Candy Palace, I don't recall. But, as a sweeper from '80-'82, and a kid in the '70s who used the shops as a short cut to get through crowds, Emporium through Center Street was an open pathway, as well as Clothiers through Carefree Corner (now the photo shop) on the other side of the street. The Music shop (tobacconist, then) was connected to the Magic Shop, was connected to the Preview House (whatever that corner shop is called now.) The Main Street Cinema has always stood alone, and I can't, off the top of my head, remember what was in the space of Disneyana, and whether or not it was connected to the Market House.

Of course, now we have the Opera House open on one side to the bank, and the other side to the Mad Hatter as one big complex. As long as each space keeps its personality, I don't have an issue with it, but the Opera House/Mad Hatter side of the building is definitely experiencing a little "mission creep."

I worked at Disneyland Anaheim from 2005 - 2007 but have been going to the park since i was born and my family has been working at the park since 1963 when the Tahitian Terrace opened.

When the park first opened up the shops were all seperated... however the space that is the Magic shop was originally Wonderland Music, sold the sheet music for Wurlitzer which is now Disney Showcase. The current Disneyana shop took over the Yale lock shop and "Rings and Things", the back section of which was seperate as it was part of the Market House... the hexagon shaped room was actually designed to be the Cake room for Swift when it sponsored the Market House and housed a large birthday cake for the company's Anniversary.
    Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

• Banned User

Lightbulb Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker II

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek138 View Post
    So the D23 website was wrong... they said the bridge was supposed to be opened on February 4th... three days ago... Wonder why its been delayed?
    *Looks at the sky*

OHHHH!

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek138 View Post
    My guess? God did it. Look at the sky.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• Please pull the yellowtab

Some quick pictures I took, as I passed by the Captain EO theater around 8:30 this morning! OO the door is open Let's take a peek!

I do believe in fairies. I do. I do.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by IndyFan1 View Post
    this is ridiculous!!! i cant believe that the budget was cut for ROA!!! why can't they just focus some of their attention of things that make disney what it is, like great story-telling and animatronics for a more immersive experience?! first we get tugged along about the hatbox ghost, and now this!! and i dont get why nobody seems to care!?!? this entire thread has been talking about back walkways from the penny arcade!! at least we're not talking for pages about the construction of the new stroller rental place like we were on the last project tracker. i wanted to see wildlife, i wanted to see more of an "attraction" out of the river, not the depleted and empty diorama its been for the last 10 years. without the show upgrades to the scenic areas, the mark twain will never be as big of a draw as it once was. every time i'm at the park, i see maybe 30 people on the boat per trip, and if they were to fill the boat then that would be a HUGE boost to the "ride per capita" or whatever the term they use for guests doing something. sorry if i sound angry, but i just hate seeing them cut budgets on the ingenuity and creative aspects of the park, just so they can do things like remodel the hamburger restaurant in tomorrowland.
    I would hold up here. Let's not get too over excited. I'm sure with the budget cuts being a possibility and with many other events going on around the parks, Al will have a new update coming. Typically he isn't wrong from what I've read the last 5 years. Let's just hope it isn't too much longer before he does one...

Quote Originally Posted by IndyFan1 View Post
    Disney has never aknowledge anything about a hatbox ghost or extra additions to the ROA both have been rumors that have sprung up by fans. The hatbox ghost return has been brought up everytime the mansion goes down for rehab for several years by fans of a figure that most never even got to see.

the last pages have been discussing other possible additions to the park one which would be a much more signifcant addition than a couple extra moose around the river. Its not just about walkways from the penny arcade. As a matter of fact no one has mentioned the penny arcade. Everyone has been discussing an "Arcade" -
    1. passageway with arches: a passageway or building with a series of arches and supporting columns
    2. avenue of stores: a covered passage with stores on both sides
    so the discussion is very relevant to the thread. I don't think over reacting over a possible upgrade figures on the ROA is necessary.

you also have to consider that many times the reason the boats only have 30 or so people like you mention is because they do not stay docked long. The boat does not stay docked long especially when both of the bpats are running. One needs to move out of the way before the other one comes back to dock. most guest usually do not even get into the queue area unless they see the boat in dock or coming close to dock
    Last edited by Baloo; 02-07-2010 at 09:36 PM.

• Disney Fanatic

Talking Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker II

Quote Originally Posted by TrevorD View Post
    I suggested the idea of running a more futuristic Autopia car along the old peoplemover tracks on my Tommorowland post and armchair entry. I think it would be cool if you could even continue driving the whole way through just as you do now. You could eliminate all of the existing track in favour of the elevated peoplemover track and still have a fantastic ride, that will remain futuristic for decades. It will be a long time before we drive cars on elevated roads.
    Isn't that what freeways are?

30 Minutes from the Happiest Place on Earth

Quote Originally Posted by BassBone View Post
    My guess? God did it. Look at the sky.
    Hahaha... yeah but the rainstorm that just hit took place on Friday and Saturday... it was supposed to open on Thursday...
    "To all who come to this happy place... welcome." -Walt Disney
    "And that was without even a single drop of rum" -Jack Sparrow

Page 8 of 262 FirstFirst ... 567891011183358108 ... LastLast