Page 9 of 262 FirstFirst ... 6789101112193459109 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 3918
  1. #121

    • Miss Teen Fresno of RCMC
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Clovis, Ca
    Posts
    13,191

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker II

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek138 View Post
    Hahaha... yeah but the rainstorm that just hit took place on Friday and Saturday... it was supposed to open on Thursday...
    wait i thought the rainstorm hit like 2 weeks ago? and then yeah i do believe there was another one that hit this past weekend
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

  2. #122

    •   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    9,021
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker II

    Quote Originally Posted by kibia16 View Post
    Isn't that what freeways are?
    No. Freeways are occasionally raised off of grade for underpasses, but they definitly don't go from building to building across a few stories up.

    Think This:


    Not This:


    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek138 View Post
    Hahaha... yeah but the rainstorm that just hit took place on Friday and Saturday... it was supposed to open on Thursday...
    Of course, the worse ones hit a week ago in the prime of contstruction, but we will ignore those.

  3. #123

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    5,601

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker II

    yeah they had to drain that little lagoon twice due to the rains

  4. #124

    • JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,077

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker II

    I love the idea of an “Arcade” to run behind the east side of Main Street. Like many have mentioned on here already, DL has become more and more popular. Even with DCA’s numbers growing, DL will remain a major draw. As the park continues to offer very popular fireworks shows and multiple fireworks shows for each season that guests want to see, management will have to explore opportunities to increase the amount of “guest space” inside the park. The Arcade idea is perfect for this and also offers an additional point of egress from the hub.

    Here is a link to pictures and detail of the two Arcades at DL Paris.

    Liberty Arcade:
    http://www.dlrpmagic.com/guidebook/disneyland-park/main-street-usa/libertyarcade/

    Discovery Arcade:
    http://www.dlrpmagic.com/guidebook/disneyland-park/main-street-usa/discoveryarcade/


    I think a version of Discovery Arcade would work perfectly in DL. Or a “Liberty Arcade" that salutes various historical US Landmarks like the Statue of Liberty, US Capitol Building, Washington monument, Mt Rushmore, etc).

    To implement an idea like this it would take some logistical reorganization. Some of those challenges include relocating the Baby Care Center and First Aide to allow and entrance to the Arcade nears the north end of the street. New facilities for Baby Care and First Aide could potentially be located inside the Arcade. As for center Street, I would have this lead to a third entrance to the arcade, removing the lockets and cone shop. This would free up those facades to make an additional entrance to the Arcade.

    Just some thoughts in general. I think it’s a great idea and I also think with adequate planning the idea could work well. Something tells me that Tony Baxter, DL Paris’ Lead Imagineer and currently DL’s Lead Imagineer came up with this rumor or proposal. We will se if it happens. I for one hope it does.
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

  5. #125

    •   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    9,021
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker II

    Just out of question, do people see a second street or an arcade as a better alternative for this through-way? Personally, I like the idea of the roof being open due to the sunny nature of California as opposed to Paris or Tokyo.

    Thoughts?

    Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    yeah they had to drain that little lagoon twice due to the rains
    They have had to reempty and clean the RoA twice too. Do you think this will delay the referb there too?

  6. #126

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,454

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker II

    Quote Originally Posted by jmuboy View Post
    I love the idea of an “Arcade” to run behind the east side of Main Street. Like many have mentioned on here already, DL has become more and more popular. Even with DCA’s numbers growing, DL will remain a major draw. As the park continues to offer very popular fireworks shows and multiple fireworks shows for each season that guests want to see, management will have to explore opportunities to increase the amount of “guest space” inside the park. The Arcade idea is perfect for this and also offers an additional point of egress from the hub.

    Here is a link to pictures and detail of the two Arcades at DL Paris.

    Liberty Arcade:
    http://www.dlrpmagic.com/guidebook/disneyland-park/main-street-usa/libertyarcade/

    Discovery Arcade:
    http://www.dlrpmagic.com/guidebook/disneyland-park/main-street-usa/discoveryarcade/


    I think a version of Discovery Arcade would work perfectly in DL. Or a “Liberty Arcade" that salutes various historical US Landmarks like the Statue of Liberty, US Capitol Building, Washington monument, Mt Rushmore, etc).

    To implement an idea like this it would take some logistical reorganization. Some of those challenges include relocating the Baby Care Center and First Aide to allow and entrance to the Arcade nears the north end of the street. New facilities for Baby Care and First Aide could potentially be located inside the Arcade. As for center Street, I would have this lead to a third entrance to the arcade, removing the lockets and cone shop. This would free up those facades to make an additional entrance to the Arcade.

    Just some thoughts in general. I think it’s a great idea and I also think with adequate planning the idea could work well. Something tells me that Tony Baxter, DL Paris’ Lead Imagineer and currently DL’s Lead Imagineer came up with this rumor or proposal. We will se if it happens. I for one hope it does.
    Tony may be pushing for it now, but this is an old idea, probably predating Tony even. Anyway, I agree with the rest of what you say, it would be a really helpful addition and I agree that it should have an entrance at Center St. So they'll have to redo at least the front area of the lockers and some of the facades there.

  7. #127

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,454

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker II

    Quote Originally Posted by TrevorD View Post
    Just out of question, do people see a second street or an arcade as a better alternative for this through-way? Personally, I like the idea of the roof being open due to the sunny nature of California as opposed to Paris or Tokyo.

    Thoughts?



    They have had to reempty and clean the RoA twice too. Do you think this will delay the referb there too?
    I think the arcade should have a roof. For one, if it doesn't it may be hard to block views of backstage buildings. Also, it would be nice to have an indoor route on the days it is raining or cold even though they aren't that frequent. Last, there's not enough space to really create another street. It would be an alley, and I think an Arcade sounds more appealing then an alley.

  8. #128

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    114

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker II

    You know what I find interesting? the fact that Disneyland doesn't receive pastpass on new rides anymore and Disneyworld still does.

    For example toy story mania does not have fastpass in California but does in Florida. does anyone know why?

    It may have something to do with the fact that the magic kingdom has more attendance than the one in florida due to the fact that florida has more theme parks and there for the one in florida is less busy.
    But wouldnt that make it so California would have fp not florida? doesnt make sense. Hope someone can tell me why...

    thanks in advance.
    I <3 Disneyland California
    &
    <3
    California Adventure

    December 15, 1966 - Also known as the saddest day in world history.




  9. #129

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    TARDIS
    Posts
    6,069

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker II

    Midway Mania! was originally designed for California Adventure and they designed it to not have FastPass. They wanted FastPass in Florida, so they got it.

    As far as no new rides getting it, that's not completely true. While there may be a lull right now in new FastPass offerings, it's not a dead halt to the program (much to the disappointment of many on MiceChat ). At the very least, Radiator Springs Racers will have FastPass. Don't know about Ariel's Undersea Adventure, though. I personally don't think it will.

    Regardless- it's all in how the ride was designed. Rides that were designed from the ground up with FastPass generally run better than ones where it was shoehorned in. This is my observation, and while some will undoubtedly disagree with me, it's what I'm more than happy to believe. I'm a supporter of the system, all around, but I can tell that it would only make the line worse for some rides (Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage, as an example).

  10. #130

    • Future Indy Castmember
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Torrance, California, United States
    Posts
    5,531

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker II

    Quote Originally Posted by e4skins View Post
    You know what I find interesting? the fact that Disneyland doesn't receive pastpass on new rides anymore and Disneyworld still does.

    For example toy story mania does not have fastpass in California but does in Florida. does anyone know why?

    It may have something to do with the fact that the magic kingdom has more attendance than the one in florida due to the fact that florida has more theme parks and there for the one in florida is less busy.
    But wouldnt that make it so California would have fp not florida? doesnt make sense. Hope someone can tell me why...

    thanks in advance.
    Whenever they make a new ride, they usually determine how much would the regular line be affected with Fastpass running. As someone said, they decided to not have FP's on TSMM here in CA while the one in FL got it.

    Some rides that were already open that got the FP when the program first started had varied results.

    POTC had the FP's but then it was decided to remove it since the line moves pretty fast. While HM's regular version doesn't have FP's, it's Holiday layover gotten really popular to the point where the FP is still on today.

    BTMRR operates their FP's only on busy days since they usually run 2 or 3 trains on non-busy days.

    IJA is a different story. Some say that removing the FP might help the line but that actaully might make the line longer because of the popularity of the ride and the fact that 15 jeeps might not run on a busy day. Most times I've been there on a busy day, they have 10-13 jeeps running.

    Wwhatever the case is, IJA won't have to suffer a 4 hour line again now with FP's.



    Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011



    The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

  11. #131

    • MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Disneyland, U.S.A.
    Posts
    8,138

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker II

    Quote Originally Posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
    Wwhatever the case is, IJA won't have to suffer a 4 hour line again now with FP's.
    More like, IJA won't have to suffer a 4 hour line again because it isn't new anymore.

    Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

    | | |

  12. #132

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Brea, CA
    Posts
    3,640

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker II

    Quote Originally Posted by e4skins View Post
    You know what I find interesting? the fact that Disneyland doesn't receive pastpass on new rides anymore and Disneyworld still does.

    For example toy story mania does not have fastpass in California but does in Florida. does anyone know why?

    It may have something to do with the fact that the magic kingdom has more attendance than the one in florida due to the fact that florida has more theme parks and there for the one in florida is less busy.
    But wouldnt that make it so California would have fp not florida? doesnt make sense. Hope someone can tell me why...

    thanks in advance.
    TSMM wasn't designed nor built to be a huge E-Ticket attraction. It was built to bring some much needed life and class to Paradise Pier. When TLM and Carsland open, I will guarantee you that TSMM's line will be a huge fraction of what it is now.

  13. #133

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    171

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker II

    Deleted. Wrong Thread.
    Last edited by basketbuddy101; 02-08-2010 at 07:00 PM.
    "I have been up against tough competition all my life. I wouldn't know how to get along without it"
    -Walt Disney

  14. #134

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Brea, CA
    Posts
    3,640

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker II

    ^Very nice, but this is the DISNEYLAND Project Tracker.

  15. #135

    • Buena Vista St. & Red Car
    • Online

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Lancaster, CA
    Posts
    2,672

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker II

    Haha that's pretty dang good. Looks really nice. As much as I wish that they wouldn't go with this look for turnstyles...I do like the red and tealish color together. Idk it's nice.


Similar Threads

  1. [News] Disneyland Project Tracker
    By MasterGracey in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 3010
    Last Post: 02-05-2010, 09:56 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •