Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Yes, that is my real name

The Far Northern, California, United States
    Blog Entries

Ride Volume - Sound

One thing I noticed when going on the attractions is the sound, music, ect is very loud. When we went in '05 I don't recall the sound being so loud that my ears ring, maybe just because it had been awhile? This recent trip, even rides I went on previously seem a lot louder then before. Is it possible the rides are actually louder now, or is it just me? What is so curious to me is I love to crank up my music super loud and my family always accuses me of having hearing loss because it is too loud for them! The worst offender is the Nemo Subs, I like the concept of the ride, but one time was enough for me purely because of the deafening sounds and narration of the characters. HM and PotC was too, but I can reasonably see why, one that surprised me on not being overly loud was Small World!

Anyway, just another random thought by me!
    Yaye!

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

Re: Ride Volume - Sound

Don't recall having sound being an issue for me when I was there last time. But then again, I feel I'm partially deaf cuz just like you I like to crank my music loud when listening in the car. And it probably doesn't help having a Bose headset for my iPod and more than likely listening on a higher decibal level than I should.

I have not noticed a difference either, I also crank my music up loud.

Everything is more exciting when it is loud.

Blog Entries

Yeah, that's why I found it interesting that I, of all people, found the rides really loud!!
    Yaye!

• Sock Puppet

Im so used to loud music. I love it, but I havnt really noticed anything. Maybe because I have screwed up my hearing lol. The loudest ride for me is Indy.

Blog Entries

Oh yeah that one was loud too!!
    Yaye!

• We Want The Redhead

I've noticed that the entire park has gotten louder in the last 5 years or so. The ambient Main Sreet music which used to be in the background is very loud, the parade and event (like fireworks) music is much much louder, the Tiana show that played the river late last year was deafeningly loud, when the bands are playing the Tomorrowland Terrace you can actually hear the sub-woofer cranking on the OTHER side of the Matterhorn over by Small World Plaza. Yes, I believ the entire park and not just the attraction audio has gotten crazy loud.
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I hate inconsistancy in speakers. Some are loud, some are quiet, some don't work, some crackle while others fade in and out.

Boy did I sound like Dr. Seuss there!

• hi!

i remember a few months ago, the left speaker on my Space Mountain car kept cutting in and out through the ride.. bugged the heck out of me.

as far as loudness, i like things loud.. but i get bugged when most of the ride is at a consistent volume, then something just pops out in all-out deafening glory. example: the cartoony sounds to your right during the hallucination part of Winnie the Pooh.
    -plagued

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ttrocc7007 View Post
    I've noticed that the entire park has gotten louder in the last 5 years or so. The ambient Main Sreet music which used to be in the background is very loud, the parade and event (like fireworks) music is much much louder, the Tiana show that played the river late last year was deafeningly loud, when the bands are playing the Tomorrowland Terrace you can actually hear the sub-woofer cranking on the OTHER side of the Matterhorn over by Small World Plaza. Yes, I believ the entire park and not just the attraction audio has gotten crazy loud.

Oh good, so its not just me!! When we went in 05 I don't remember hearing the ambient sounds when in the different lands, but they really jumped out this time. And like I said, rides I went on then verses now seem so much louder! I can understand the situation with the subs, being closed in it really reverberates the sound, but geesh, it really steers me away from that ride. I did find that when Tiana's Riverboat Show was in action, I could hear it in Fantasyland!! lol!!
    Yaye!

Blog Entries

Monsters Inc ride was super loud too, and it kept sounding scratchy, like the speakers weren't equipped to handle that much volume. That was irritating!
    Yaye!

• =)

I don't things have gotten much louder in recent years. In fact, I specifically remember Indy being much louder - painfully so - when the ride was younger. It's still loud, but either my hearing has gotten worse or they've turned it down to reasonable level.

Blog Entries

I think your hearing has gotten worse jk
    Yaye!

• Storyteller

I like that everything's loud. It immerses you so much more.

• "YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE.."

There's a show reason for it.

For roller coasters like Space Mtn and Screaming, when those rides debut music, guests complained they couldn't hear the music over the screams and noise of the rides. So those got pumped up to be louder. In fact those cars were specifically designed to accomodate a louder speaker when they had their rockin' promotion.

Other times the narrations are at maximum volume so that people can hear the narration if other people are talking and not paying attention.

The lawyer reason is there are certain things Disney needs you to hear. Like keeping your hands, arms, feet, and legs inside the car at all times. If it's not at a certain decible level, people could argue they didn't hear it when they get injured.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast