Question Single Rider Park Trip?

I'm looking at taking a trip to Disneyland sometime during the first two weeks of March. Looks like I will be going by myself. Wondering what weeks are best to go? What is the park like as a single rider? Any groups or individuals that go regularly I could meet up with?

Let me know if you've got any ideas, tips, or experiences for me.

ryan

Re: Single Rider Park Trip?

If you go to DLR during the week of March 8th though whatever, then you run into quite a few of us that will be there for the D23 Anniversary. I'm betting folks will have some type of meetup around the 10th.
    Jaxum- Disneyland Aficionado!
    Disneyland, WDW, and DLPR Annual Passholder
    D23 1st Day Charter Member
    My Disneyland and WDW videos and photos!
    http://youtube.com/tkfore21 .... http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaxum_readis/sets/

Disney days for 2009:
    Disneyland:(27) / Tokyo Parks:(4) / WDW:(19)
    Total Days in the parks for 2009: 50!
    Disney days for 2010:
    Disneyland: (27) / WDW:(31) / DLRP: (6)
    Total Days so far in the parks for 2010: 63!
    D23 and Other events:
    Expo '09, Candlelight Spectacular '09, Magic and Merriment '09, D23 Anniversary DL/WDW, Studio Tour April '10, Disney Archives 40th Anniversary, Destination D: Disneyland 55, Disneyland Scavenger Hunt, Sip and Stroll '10, Tangled Screening, TRON Pop-up Shop, Magic & Merriment '10, Everest Challenge '09, Adventurer's Club Weekend '09, DL Candlelight '09, Gumball Rally '10, WDW Radio 24 Hour Live Show '10, Disneyland's 55th Anniversary, Pacific Northwest Mouse Meet '10, Mickey's Halloween 5k '10,WDW Radio Walkabout '10, ConGaloosh '10, DL Candlelight '10

Going to the park by yourself is great.

Your able to get a lot done in a very short amount of time.

Also you can take advantage of the Single Rider Lines:

Disneyland

Splash Mounaint
    Indiana Jones Adventure

DCA
    Soarin Over California
    California Screamin
    Grizzly River Run
    Maliboomer
    Mulholland Madness

• Remain seated, please.

I go quite often and will likely be there around that time if you want someone else to go with.

I don't bite much and we can lament over the Oilers while we have fun in the park!

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

Been to the park by myself 3 times last year. I do enjoy it for the simple of fact of I can do what I want & when I want. You can cover a lot of ground by yourself especially if you start early. I did find myself just randomly talking to people I've never met while standing in line or waiting for a show. Easily did that twice while in the hub...once waiting for the fireworks show and another time waiting for the lighting of the castle. But sometimes I did miss the fact that I didn't have a friend that I was hanging out there with.

• Future Cast Member :)

I'm a single rider every week and it's great. Make sure to do Indiana Jones and Splash Mountain because those are single rider. It's easy to get around the park fast because no one is with you, holding you back

I'll also be a single rider and I'll be visiting on march 9th. Want to meet up with a fellow canadian?

• Confirmed Disney Addict

The other great thing I find about going alone is you get time to really enjoy the small things like the Disney Gallery or just taking time to read all the names on Main Street. I've gone a couple times now and I really enjoy it.

That being said I do enjoy going with others even more! I'm always looking for an excuse to head out to Disneyland so if anyone wants to meet up let me know!

I spent one day at DLR as a single rider. I enjoyed it a lot, but I don't think it something I would like to do every single time I go to a park. I saw several shows while I was by myself and got great places to sit. For Aladdin, since I was just a single person, I was third row center! I liked that I could take my time and look at things. What I didn't like was that there was no one to take my photo next to something I wanted my photo taken next to and I didn't have anyone to comment on something I saw that was cool. But still..it was fun! Enjoy your "me" time at the park!
    WDW: 1981, 1986, 2008, 2012
    DLR: 1999, 2009
    DLP: 2010

Like the Beatles? Check out my blog Meet the Beatles for Real
    http://meetthebeatlesforreal.blogspot.com/

• Knows Where His Towel Is

Going to Disneyland as an SR is awesome because not only can you use the SR lines, but there's also no one chivvying you along. Want to sit down on a bench and people-watch? Why not? Or perhaps you want to ride the Matterhorn again? Go for it!

When you're alone, you'll find that you can see and do many things that you normally wouldn't have done by yourself.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

• Huh?

I haven't taken advantage of the single rider line for a while but I do remember that some rides you had to ask a CM for a pass and some of them you didn't. Also, it can take a really long time to get on Soarin' via single rider unless something's changed.

Just relax, enjoy yourself and if there's something you've never been able to do before, do it.

• or CBF

We have dedicated Single Rider Meets every 2nd Sunday of the month at DL. Due to blockout dates and the MC Anniversary, the next date is February 21st.

There is a thread in the Meets and Event Scheduling Forum: http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...post1055804884

For those coming in March, the Single Rider Meet will be on March 14th.
    MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
    (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

• MargyDisneylandLover

I have always gone with my family but over the years as i got to know the resort better and my parents trusting me on my own i would go off on my own and have a lot of fun being by myself....getting to do what i want and not having to be dictated by an entire group is great...most def take advantage on the single rider lines rode splash mt like 10 times in a row one trip just walked off went over the stairs and got on again it is nice to have the option to meet up later with friends or family though have a great time exploring disneyland on your own
    My Name Is Margy and I am a mint julepaholic.
    Disneyland freak since my first trip when I turned 6 months old...september 1987!!
    "I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things."
    ~* Uncle Walt *~
    2014 gumball rally team: Skyway sweethearts

​Proud premium Annual Passholder since May 2nd, 2014