• Banned User

New Parking Garage

Ok, with all of us AP's charging the parks, I think Disney should get another parking garage. Having to use all the overflow lots, CM parking, The Convention Center, and the Gardenwalk just makes things painful for everybody. There's room to add another garage, and I think (correct me if I'm wrong) AL's mentioned it in one of his reports that we're getting one sometime. But where?
    My idea is to add it behind the Paradise Pier hotel.
    I cut and pasted the Mickey and Friends Parking Structure for a basic idea.
    The Green square is the entrance to the structure.
    sky blue area - oversize parking (big rigs, trucks, RVs, busses)
    Yellow and Orange - elevator and escalators
    Teal - This is a potential exit from the structure. The red lines are stop lights. Now how this could work, is traffic on Katella would stop, and the cars backed up in the structure would go, and vice versa.
    Cream - This is the other exit from the structure that I think would be easier to deal with for everyone. The cars would exit north, and then enter the road between the DLH, and PPH, onto Disneyland Drive, and exiting north towards the 5, or South towards Katella.
    White lines - potential (not permanent) tram. This would be a temporary tram, until a peoplemover connects both garages, with Downtown Disney, the hotels, and the main gate.
    Purple - Paradise Pier - room for expansion
    Yellow - carsland

What do you guys think? I'm going to post a fully detailed list of transportation concepts, and park ideas soon, but for now, I gotta get back to class!
    >>MSJ

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Thumbs down Re: New Parking Garage

No way!

Trust me when I say this: For those of us who approach the DLR from the south the last thing we need is the inconvenience of having to go to the opposite side of the resort in order to park.

The best place for a new structure is exactly where it is proposed -- in the Pumbaa lot on Disney Way. This structure will handle those people coming from the south and M & F could handle people coming from the north.

The only current problem is that this structure is not built yet! Come on Disney. Start working onthis now!

Re: New Parking Garage

The parking structure that is going to be built at Pumbaa is the best option - that's why they're going to build it there.

But yeah, they need to start building this soon.

• Banned User

haha it's just an idea....and I am always coming from the north, so it totally bypassed my thinking of the far south people I'll come up with something better than this than... back to blue sky!

yes the Pumba location is the best place for the new parking structure. The location would be perfect not only for Disneyland and DCA but for any third gate that could be built in the future. The structure would be centrally located and the infrastructure for direct freeway ramps are done and ready. It is also directly across from the Anaheim Garden Walk which is supposdely going to house to Disney run hotels.

All they would need is an overhead transportation system to link all three parks together in the future and one of the routes that is being considered for the Anaheim elevated system would actually run right next to it

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by MainSreetJake View Post
    haha it's just an idea....and I am always coming from the north, so it totally bypassed my thinking of the far south people I'll come up with something better than this than... back to blue sky!
    No problem.

M&F is a DLR pet peeve of mine. If it is the only lot open I have to go around the park in congestion usually to get there. And once there, it's design is so underpar it is very inconconvenient in and of itself.

And I am not that far south. I am only 15 miles south. Even those that approach DL from central OC are at a disadvantage. This is about 2/3 of all of Orange County, not to mention San Diego and certain inland areas to the east of the resort.

The best solution is a structure in the Pumbaa lot. The only problem is if they don't build it then there still is going to be a parking problem overall.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Hey, at least let Disney get the "temporary" lot next to Buzz Lightyear open before you close down Pumbaa!
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Rock Star Minion

What's this problem caused by again?

Perhaps eliminating the cause would eliminate the symptoms.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Old Timer

They could use more handicapped parking as well. Sometimes it's quite a hike to get to the trams.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    What's this problem caused by again?

Perhaps eliminating the cause would eliminate the symptoms.
    Nah, consumers are Disney's greatest assets at this point.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by WestsideCM99 View Post
    Nah, consumers are Disney's greatest assets at this point.
    Consumers not spending money to park and not spending money to enter the park are not assets.

They are, for financial analysis purposes, liabilities, amortized on a daily basis. (If I were performing financial analysis, that is.)

They are, for GAAP purposes, a sale and cash some time ago, with expenses being incurred daily. GAAP allows contracts that last a year or less to be considered sales on date of purchase. (I think. I'm no accountant.)
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."