Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Wilderness Explorer

The Music of Buena Vista ST

The rethemeing of DCA's entrance area and Sunshine Plaza to Buena Vista Street is going to usher in a whole new era of sadness for me... no more Beach Boys.
    One of the things I love about California Adventure is walking into the park to the tune of "California Girls" or other Beach Boys songs.... and it's unfortunately obvious that the Beach Boys didn't exist in the 20s, and would not be appropriate.

So my question is, what kind of music do you think we'll hear around Buena Vista ST? What kind of music says "1920s in California"?
    Think they'll be lazy and just loop the soundtrack from Main Street? or will we get something original? (Most likely something original)
    (Went ahead and bolded this for the people that want to skip all the rubbish of me rambling on about music I'll miss)

Also, on a bit of a side note.
    With the rethemeing of Paradise Pier to a more classic Victorian theme, will the instrumental Beach Boys stuff stick around there? or will DCA become completely Beach Boys-less?
    While some people may or may not like those tracks, they have become so iconic to DCA for me. It's been the same music for a while and it brings back awesome memories from 9 years ago. I'd hate to see it go.

• Banned User

Re: The Music of Buena Vista ST

First off, I would like to say I HATE THE MUSIC FROM THE SUNSHINE PLAZA!!!!
    Try working there for 8 hours, it really drives you crazy! As to what the new stuff will be, I'm guessing it will be VERY similar to ToT. Lots of swing. I also wouldn't be surprised if our new costumes will resemble ToT gifts one(I LOVE THAT COSTUME!). I really hope they get rid of the PP music as well. Yes it is iconic, but thats exactly what imagineering is trying to stray away from. They don't want you to think 2001 DCA, they want you to think new and invigorated DCA. Trust me, it'll be for the best.

• Dream in wonderful color!

Quote Originally Posted by Awesome View Post
    The rethemeing of DCA's entrance area and Sunshine Plaza to Buena Vista Street is going to usher in a whole new era of sadness for me... no more Beach Boys.
    One of the things I love about California Adventure is walking into the park to the tune of "California Girls" or other Beach Boys songs.... and it's unfortunately obvious that the Beach Boys didn't exist in the 20s, and would not be appropriate.

So my question is, what kind of music do you think we'll hear around Buena Vista ST? What kind of music says "1920s in California"?
    Think they'll be lazy and just loop the soundtrack from Main Street? or will we get something original? (Most likely something original)
    (Went ahead and bolded this for the people that want to skip all the rubbish of me rambling on about music I'll miss)

Also, on a bit of a side note.
    With the rethemeing of Paradise Pier to a more classic Victorian theme, will the instrumental Beach Boys stuff stick around there? or will DCA become completely Beach Boys-less?
    While some people may or may not like those tracks, they have become so iconic to DCA for me. It's been the same music for a while and it brings back awesome memories from 9 years ago. I'd hate to see it go.
    I agree, it will be sad to lose some of the music loops from DCA. Sunshine Plaza isn't DCA's strongest land but the music is great and really puts you in the mood. Paradise Pier has the best background music loop - i'm hoping they will at least keep that one after the expansion. It is iconic to the park, and it really brings back good memories for me as well.
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

I agree. It will probably be some type of jazz music or all types around in the 1920's(many different styles not as many as now but still). I too will miss all those iconic songs in DCA as whenever I hear them now I think of DCA and wanna go lol. Gotta love the Beach Boys but gotta love these changes more.

• Knows Where His Towel Is

My first impression upon viewing BVS was that the classic "Mr. Sandman" would fit in there really well.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

• Established 2005

Maybe they can incorporate some of the Pier and Plaza music in Carsland. Kinda suits the car culture, as well as giving a nod to the park formerly known as DCA.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

The most appropriate song for that area happens to have a feel for that time period. And that would be "California, Here I Come." And maybe even the official state song of California, "I Love You, California" would be appropriate. Another song written in that era that relates to California that might work would be, "When the Swallows Come Back to Capistrano."

But the songs don't all have to be California related. I think some selections by Irving Berlin or George Gershwin would also work very well.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183 View Post
    First off, I would like to say I HATE THE MUSIC FROM THE SUNSHINE PLAZA!!!!
    Try working there for 8 hours, it really drives you crazy! As to what the new stuff will be, I'm guessing it will be VERY similar to ToT. Lots of swing. I also wouldn't be surprised if our new costumes will resemble ToT gifts one(I LOVE THAT COSTUME!). I really hope they get rid of the PP music as well. Yes it is iconic, but thats exactly what imagineering is trying to stray away from. They don't want you to think 2001 DCA, they want you to think new and invigorated DCA. Trust me, it'll be for the best.
    I don't hate the music
    but I can see someone working there getting tired of it.
    What, it's maybe 5 songs in a loop.
    So same song every 20 minutes?
    I dislike hearing the same songs on the radio every one to two hours.

I it will be interesting what music they will pick.
    Swing is upbeat and a lot out there so you could just do instrumental the whole way.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

Arrow Re: The Music of Buena Vista ST

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    I don't hate the music
    but I can see someone working there getting tired of it.
    What, it's maybe 5 songs in a loop.
    So same song every 20 minutes?
    I dislike hearing the same songs on the radio every one to two hours.

I it will be interesting what music they will pick.
    Swing is upbeat and a lot out there so you could just do instrumental the whole way.
    this is the music loop for Sunshine Plaza

- Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

• Golden Dreamer!

Personally I would love to see Golden Dreams finalle music in here! It celebrates the dreams we must all take and do! And I think it would be apropiate here.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by nonob88 View Post

Now that you post it
    I do remember hearing all them.
    I seem to always catch the same 4 songs.
    Then again, it's under 45 min. for the loop.

thanks for posting the songs
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub_Voyage fan View Post
    Personally I would love to see Golden Dreams finalle music in here! It celebrates the dreams we must all take and do! And I think it would be apropiate here.
    I tried that attraction twice.
    Feel asleep both times.
    Quote by Al:
    -Al Lutz

Quote Originally Posted by Sub_Voyage fan View Post
    I love the score for Golden Dreams, they play some of it in the Esplanade music loop. I'm hoping Golden Dreams returns to DCA some day - maybe inside the new Carthay Circle Theater (similar to the Steve Martin DL movie that plays in the Opera House.) The film deserves to be added back to the park, it ties the theme of DCA beautifully.
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

• Minion

"The Little Old Lady from Pasadena" is by Jan & Dean, not the Beach Boys.

Hairy Baby!

• Golden Dreamer!

I love the score for Golden Dreams, they play some of it in the Esplanade music loop. I'm hoping Golden Dreams returns to DCA some day - maybe inside the new Carthay Circle Theater (similar to the Steve Martin DL movie that plays in the Opera House.) The film deserves to be added back to the park, it ties the theme of DCA beautifully.
    And I agree with you here. Also while walking by Grizly you can still hear the leftover quene music in the San Fransicso area.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast