Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Cinderella's Coach in Fantasyland

Doesn't Disneyland have a nice glass Cinderella coach?

Why not park it on the lower part of the deserted Skyway chalet hill in Fantasyland and create a really cool photo-op setpiece for Cinderella and/or Fairy Godmother (a few mice sculptures and a pumpkin garden, maybe...). She deserves a higher profile in Disneyland, and that would be a really popular addition for little money spent.

If the photo staging/angle were set up carefully, her Storybookland castle could loom in the background of the shots.

• Banned User

Thats an awesome idea, but I think that area is going to be used a with the FrontierLand addition but I'm not sure.

• Minion

the reason they dont is because it costs alot of money, and the only time it comes out is for special events and for weddings when it is rented. I doubt they will do that with it

• Minion

Plus they would have to add a ramp or elevator for the ADA requirements.
    "He gets around you know he knows all the pretty girls." ~ Walt Disney

• Minion

Seems to me they would make more money selling photos all day than renting to a single wedding every few months...

• Minion

LOL the weddings happen more often then you think and cost soooooooooooooooooo much that they dont care
    Evil is lurking behind the matterhorn........ wait, that's just Mickey

• Minion

then they can build another coach if they're making so much money...

• Disney fans for life!

Yeah, my niece got a quote from them for a wedding package...OUCH!!!

• Tour Ready

Believe it or Not The Cinderella Coach is Parked and stored At The Disneyland Hotel! To the right of the Main Ballroom there is a large outdoor ramp. Under this ramp is an are that is close off by latice work. This is where they keep it. It is brought out and taken to whatever location is needed by show services...

• Minion

I just checked out some of those wedding service photos - - and the coach they use for the weddings really doesn't look enough like the film to have a home in Fantasyland - - they need to build one like at Disneyland Paris, parked outside Cinderella's chateau restaurant - - it is right on model! Very cool.

The wedding one has lots of foofy frou-frou on it that doesn't look like the cartoon.

Here's a picture of the cool one at DLP:

http://www.wdisneyw.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=2754
    Last edited by merlinjones; 03-04-2005 at 08:03 AM.

• Hooterville, USA

Great idea none the less! Little things like that would really make the park better even with the many rides that are down. Remember the mermaids that would wave to you at the submarines ride? Little things, just little things.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

I like this idea? Set up a nice Pumpkin Coach photo op there is a great idea. They need to get rid of that lone carousel horse from over by Casey Junior though. That poor thing has been there a long time. How long has it been since that rehab was complete?

• Minion

>>They need to get rid of that lone carousel horse from over by Casey Junior though. That poor thing has been there a long time. <<

I agree. And that funky carousel arch thing... That "pad" would be a good location for the Coach too (between Pinocchio, Carousel, Casey and Dumbo)!

• Minion

ORWEN: Personally, I think Cinderella has a very high profile at Disneyland, as it is. She has her own Character breakfast at the Plaza Inn--and is the only character, there, who is honored with a button--even though there are a few other characters. Plus, Disney World does so much to promote Cinderella--since that's where he castle is--that it would actually be nicer if they did more to promote Sleeping Beauty at Disneyland, since HER castle is THERE.

ORDDU: True enough. I'd love to see a stage show that honored Princess Aurora and Company. Cinderella and Snow White always get stage shows. But never has there been one for Aurora--except at Disneyland Paris when that particular park first opened.

• A Little Rabid

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva
    Plus, Disney World does so much to promote Cinderella--since that's where he castle is--that it would actually be nicer if they did more to promote Sleeping Beauty at Disneyland, since HER castle is THERE.
    Don't forget Tokyo Disneyland, Cinderella's second 'home'. They love her a lot there that she's got her own coroncation event... Cinderellabration (which is the greatest thing second to Fantasmic! in my opinion.)!

The problem of our lovely Aurora is that her film wasn't too strong of a focus point of her chracater, rather every one around her. That may explain why she isn't as popular. But I like the idea of presenting a show, unlike a parade with her name in it, that gives more attention to her possibly another song that centralized how how she feels rather than wondering of love. Sort of like how Menken gave abnother side to Jasmine in the Aladdin musical at DCA.

Of course, it would be better if they left her in blue if a show would ever happen. That or it would change colors with reflections.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast