Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 101
  1. #1

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Garden Grove
    Posts
    94

    Angry Flash Photo Takers

    Has anyone else had an extremely unpleasant experience on any Disney attraction because someone was using the flash on their camera to snap photos?

    Last night it happened on POTC at DL...Ugh. We politely asked her to turn the flash off and she nearly cursed us out and told her kids to not listen to us because we can't enforce the rules or anything. Her kids were also trying to cut in front of us while we were waiting in line...

  2. #2

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    730

    Re: Flash Photo Takers

    Quote Originally Posted by ocswaynee View Post
    Last night it happened on POTC at DL...Ugh. We politely asked her to turn the flash off and she nearly cursed us out and told her kids to not listen to us because we can't enforce the rules or anything. Her kids were also trying to cut in front of us while we were waiting in line...
    Kids raised like that frighten me, mainly because they'll be adults sometime soon...

    I've had some unpleasant experiences before, but Cast Members were usually quick to tell them off.
    "The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

  3. #3

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Garden Grove
    Posts
    94

    Re: Flash Photo Takers

    Quote Originally Posted by ttztotdca50 View Post
    I've had some unpleasant experiences before, but Cast Members were usually quick to tell them off.

    Not one CM said a word! I was so angry because not only were the flashes annoying and disrespectful to the rest of us trying to enjoy the attraction, they were hurting my boyfriend's eyes very badly. He was on his medications at the time, so his eyes become sensitive to light. The lady just kept snapping away... His eyes get so sensitive that sometimes he wears his sunglasses while driving at night

  4. #4

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    long beach
    Posts
    1,272

    Re: Flash Photo Takers

    It happens on pirates all the time.... some idiot in front of you decides to flash away, I stay quiet though knowing a voice will come over the loudspeaker thelling them to quit

  5. #5

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Garden Grove
    Posts
    94

    Re: Flash Photo Takers

    I WISH a voice came over the loudspeaker. I was waiting for it! But...it never happened :'(

  6. #6

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,773

    Re: Flash Photo Takers

    It drives me nuts too, especially because the flash washes out all the colors and special lighting and the photos look like crap.

  7. #7

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Home- Nor. Cal. College- So. Cal.
    Posts
    123

    Re: Flash Photo Takers

    Happened once on Pirates for me once too. Also, I once got "yelled" at by the loud speaker because I took my phone out to check the time, and the light on my phone got confused for a flash. It was pretty funny.

  8. #8

    • YAY! SUMMER IS OVER!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    South Gate, California, United States
    Posts
    1,529

    Re: Flash Photo Takers

    I posted this somewhere else its a copy paste.

    We were in Disneyland on POTC this time. There were 3 ladies on tne boat in front of us. They waited for the front row to take pictures of the ride. Once we boarded the boat a lady starts drinking her soda, which holds up the CM from starting the ride. He tells her to put it away in her bag, she puts it in between her legs. I was like come on. After he asked her the 4th time she finally did. So we are aboard the ride and she pulls out her camera. She starts taking flash images of the people eating in the Blue Bayou. I'm like wtf? She takes pictures of every single thing. I tell her to turn off her flash, along with 5 other people in the boat. They turn it of but they also start cussing. Less than a minute later they turn it back on. It was back and forth turning it off and on. I called them ignorant, and once we got off the boat they start screaming at me saying that I shouldn't have called them ignorant, that I was ignorant and I ruined their day. I told them it is the rules, "No Flash Photography". And sadly I didn't report to a CM.
    Last edited by MickeyMaxx; 02-13-2010 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Rudeness is rudeness. The ethnicity of the person has no bearing on the story.
    MEOW.

  9. #9

    • Shifting cargo
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Lost Delta
    Posts
    6,152

    Re: Flash Photo Takers

    Some people have some serious nerve! I've had a few experiences with people taking flash photos, but I didn't said anything. Usually if someone's flash goes off, I'll give them that one because maybe they just forgot to turn the flash off, but if they do it more than once, I will ask them to politely stop. They say no flash photos and yet some people just don't get the hint.






    "Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

  10. #10

    • Future Indy Castmember
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Torrance, California, United States
    Posts
    5,535

    Re: Flash Photo Takers

    Quote Originally Posted by ocswaynee View Post
    Has anyone else had an extremely unpleasant experience on any Disney attraction because someone was using the flash on their camera to snap photos?

    Last night it happened on POTC at DL...Ugh. We politely asked her to turn the flash off and she nearly cursed us out and told her kids to not listen to us because we can't enforce the rules or anything. Her kids were also trying to cut in front of us while we were waiting in line...
    Thats just bull. The mother is just setting a bad example for her kids. If I was a CM Security enjoying my day off and I was in the same boat as you and this woman, I would've pulled her over and said that Flash Photography isn't permitted. The following dialouge would've ensured:

    Me: "M'am, you can't take Flash Pictures on this ride."

    Mom: "Why should I listen to you? You don't work here!"

    Me: Thats were you're wrong. I work security here at Disneyland and I could turn you over to a security guard currently working for taking flash pictures and cursing out another guest in this park, not to mention that you're kids tried to cut in front of these people in line.

    Mom: "Prove it!"

    Then I would've asked the POTC CM to call security over and they confirm that I am part of the security and with she's eventually escorted out with her kids because of her temper.

    One could hope for unexpected help right?



    Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011



    The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

  11. #11

    • Shifting cargo
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Lost Delta
    Posts
    6,152

    Re: Flash Photo Takers

    Quote Originally Posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
    Thats just bull. The mother is just setting a bad example for her kids. If I was a CM Security enjoying my day off and I was in the same boat as you and this woman, I would've pulled her over and said that Flash Photography isn't permitted. The following dialouge would've ensured:

    Me: "M'am, you can't take Flash Pictures on this ride."

    Mom: "Why should I listen to you? You don't work here!"

    Me: Thats were you're wrong. I work security here at Disneyland and I could turn you over to a security guard currently working for taking flash pictures and cursing out another guest in this park, not to mention that you're kids tried to cut in front of these people in line.

    Mom: "Prove it!"

    Then I would've asked the POTC CM to call security over and they confirm that I am part of the security and with she's eventually escorted out with her kids because of her temper.

    One could hope for unexpected help right?
    Then you would bring her butt to justice! Guilty! Court adjourned. Get her outta here!






    "Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

  12. #12

    • Future Indy Castmember
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Torrance, California, United States
    Posts
    5,535

    Re: Flash Photo Takers

    Quote Originally Posted by RedHandedJill View Post
    Then you would bring her butt to justice! Guilty! Court adjourned. Get her outta here!
    LOL. More like: Guilty! Thank you that is all!



    Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011



    The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

  13. #13

    • YAY! SUMMER IS OVER!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    South Gate, California, United States
    Posts
    1,529

    Re: Flash Photo Takers

    Whats even worse is when you got kids with those stupid flashing necklaces going on in the ride, you ask them to turn it off and they don't. You got a bunch of flashing light going on in your eye.
    MEOW.

  14. #14

    • Future Indy Castmember
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Torrance, California, United States
    Posts
    5,535

    Re: Flash Photo Takers

    Quote Originally Posted by itsxxdomoxxkun View Post
    Whats even worse is when you got kids with those stupid flashing necklaces going on in the ride, you ask them to turn it off and they don't. You got a bunch of flashing light going on in your eye.
    Thats why i'm hoping that one day, they'll stop selling those stupid things.



    Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011



    The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

  15. #15

    • Bring back the Keelboats!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lompoc, CA
    Posts
    2,391

    Re: Flash Photo Takers

    My experience was exactly unpleasant, but kinda funny. Years ago on America Sings, somone in the front row was taking flash pictures of everything. The cast member repeatedly tried to get them to stop. She finally stood in front of them. Their next flash picture was of her holding her hand out in front of their camera! Then they stopped.

    Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!


    Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!


    Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Flash Photo Rule: Get rid of it
    By hollywood1939 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 12-18-2007, 10:31 PM
  2. Flash photo of the Matterhorn eyes?
    By Datameister in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-06-2007, 09:30 PM
  3. 1/21 Survey takers out at Space Mt.
    By themur in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-23-2007, 09:05 AM
  4. Down with the picture takers!!!
    By Lampwick in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 08-15-2005, 02:06 PM
  5. Kodak Picture Takers
    By MiceMan in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-09-2005, 09:30 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •