• Future Tinkerbell!

When do they hire?

Soo..I'm not exactly sure if this belongs here..but I'll ask anyways. At what age does Disneyland hire? I've heard 16, 17 and 18. Which is it? I'm 16 and would like to apply this summer to do food vending or be a ride operator so I can have a sort of in for a face character. Could someone who knows for a fact tell me the age? Thanks kindly!

Nous sommes tous fous ici
    What do ya wanna know? http://formspring.me/littleactress
    I be bloggin' Tumblr

• Nill

Re: When do they hire?

18 for Attractions. For ODV/Foods, you have to be 17 and a graduating high school senior. From what I've seen though, they try and keep from hiring anyone below 17, because there's more paperwork and requirements due to not being an adult.

• Sock Puppet

they also have a rule where if you apply you have to wait 6 months before you can apply again. I have to wait 5 more months before I can apply again

• Future Tinkerbell!

Thanks guys! I was talking to a couple of workers and they said that Disneyland has hired at 16 before...and someone called the jobline and they said 16 too..so I wasn't sure because I thought I had heard what you two said.

I be bloggin' Tumblr

• Banned User

Why not actually call the jobline and ask yourself. They'll provide you with the most accurate answers to all your questions.

You use to be able to hire into parades at 16, but now they tend to do more over night rehearsals that minors aren't able to stay for.

Just a note: In the state of California, you must be 18 years old to work with heavy machines/Dangerous machines... i.e. to work at Starbucks you must be 18 years old due to the potential of the machines burning you.

I would think the best bet would to try to apply for a retail position then switch when you are of age.

• Future Tinkerbell!

Quote Originally Posted by metchick01 View Post
    Just a note: In the state of California, you must be 18 years old to work with heavy machines/Dangerous machines... i.e. to work at Starbucks you must be 18 years old due to the potential of the machines burning you.

I would think the best bet would to try to apply for a retail position then switch when you are of age.
    As in working in the stores at Disneyland? I mostly just want to work there so I can have my foot in the door to be a face character. So really, I wouldn't mind any position.

I be bloggin' Tumblr

• Golden Dreamer!

Quote Originally Posted by littleactressann View Post
    As in working in the stores at Disneyland? I mostly just want to work there so I can have my foot in the door to be a face character. So really, I wouldn't mind any position.
    Then to work here your best bet may be the DL college program. If you apply here you are a CM and can work in many departments. After you leave you will loose your senority but some say its easier to transfer to different areas.

• Future Tinkerbell!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub_Voyage fan View Post
    Then to work here your best bet may be the DL college program. If you apply here you are a CM and can work in many departments. After you leave you will loose your senority but some say its easier to transfer to different areas.
    Does DL have a college program? I knew that WDW did...but I didn't know if DL did. But I don't know if it would work for me because don't you have to take a semester off? I am hoping to get a scholarship to major in theater, so if I did, I probably wouldn't be allowed to take a semester off.

I be bloggin' Tumblr

• Golden Dreamer!

Yes they do have it as I have graduated from it. As to your major they might be able to work with you.

Quote Originally Posted by littleactressann View Post
    Yes, that's what I meant. lol! I think that if you started in the retail part of the parks and did very well, Management would be happy to move you to the area of the park that you would love to work in (The face character cast member)! Good Luck in whatever you decide and I hope to see you working in the park someday!

• Future Tinkerbell!

Sub_Voyage fan-thanks! I will have to look into that!

metachick01- That's what I figured you meant! I wanted to start as a fuzzie (such as Mickey or Minnie) but I think I'm too little, it might be a health issue for me (try 4'10.5 and 80 pounds). So, I thought maybe as a food vendor or retail person might be another good place to start. But yeah, I really wanna be Tink (Pixie Hollow one. Last time I visited, Rosetta told me I looked like Tink. Made. My. Day.) or Alice. But anyway, thank you very much (:

I be bloggin' Tumblr

• Golden Dreamer!

No problem. I knew a guy who started at DCA attractions from the college program. Three months later he was still in the program but got moved to characters. So its possible.

• DLR Cast Member

I applied last year in April, interviewed in May, finally got the call in September and started work October 10. It can take a while, but don't give up if you don't hear right away.