View Poll Results: What kind of Dsneyland Visitor are You?

Voters
182. You may not vote on this poll
  • Entertainment Guest

20 10.99%
  • Attraction Guest

55 30.22%
  • Character Guest

3 1.65%
  • All Around Guest

94 51.65%
  • Theme Guest

72 39.56%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: What kind of Disneyland Vistor are you?

I'm usually hoping for a fully immersive experience from both the environment and the attractions so I selected Theme and Attractions.

Here's the thing though, small localized entertainment for me is part of the theming. The various small bands and street performers that roam around the lands enhance the theme (when done right ). Nothing makes me feel more like I'm in New Orleans than hearing some live Jazz. The Barbershop quartet on Main St is another great example of theme inspiring entertainment. As are other experiences like Mary Poppin's Musical Chairs or (The apparently missing) Merlin and the Sword in the Stone show in front of the Carousel.
    Mike_M

Disneyland Trips
    1980, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1987, 1989
    1990, 1992, 1993
    2006, 2007, 2009
    2010, 2011, 2014

Walt Disney World
    2000, 2001

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

A year a ago I would have put Attraction Guest but know I'm an all around guest who likes to watch show, go on rides, meet characters and look at the themes.

I love to soak up the atmosphere, and all the little details. I'm also a ride person, and I will become an entertainment person after WOC premiers.

Oh how I love smiles!

• Banned User

Oh crap! Facebook quizzes have taken over micechat! Ahhh!!!!!!!!

• Disneyland History Lover

What about a food option? lol

I don't normally stop to watch entire parades, though. And we don't catch shows unless it's something we happen to be in the vicinty of or if we haven't seen it in a long time. I do like firework spectaculars. And characters are cool to see in the parks, but we don't normally make an effort to get a picture with one unless the line is short. Theme is definitely important to me, but we probably go for the rides more than anything else. In the end it's all part of the Disneyland experience, which is why we go. So I'd say I'm an All-Around visitor!

• User

I'm an all-around guest whenever I'm at the parks, but depending on the day, my mood, who I'm with, and other factors, I can lean more towards any of the other choices (most of the time this happens to be towards the attractions.).

Sometimes I go to the park with something to do in mind, such as the day Tiana's Showboat Jubilee opened. I was definitely an "entertainment guest" that day. And sometimes I go just to draw (like tomorrow for example, if you're in the parks tomorrow and you you see someone drawing, or staring at you with a pencil and sketchbook in hand, that's probably me). I don't know what kind of guest that would label me as though... I'll definitely be an "attraction guest" whenever Captain EO reopens.

I started to reply that I was a Theme Guest, until I recalled visiting with my just turned 8 YO neice and spending close to an hour in the Tiki Room Garden and show. I can't remember ever focusing that much attention soaking up a single experience. As a result, I put all around for me. -- Suzanne

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by MainSreetJake View Post
    Oh crap! Facebook quizzes have taken over micechat! Ahhh!!!!!!!!
    At least i'm not making you guys answer all of those ridiculous questions. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    What about a food option? lol
    Ehh, I was thinking about it, but who goes to DL just to eat?

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

[QUOTE=

Ehh, I was thinking about it, but who goes to DL just to eat? [/QUOTE]

I often go with different friends who like DLR but not as much as me. They are willing to do one day with me, and I become the "host" helping them DO all the things they like. I did have one friend who just wanted to eat. We went on like 3 rides the whole day, but tasted a lot of what the park had to offer in terms of yummy.

You also forgot the shopping trip--done that too.
    To All Who Come to this Happy Place.... Welcome! Disneyland is Your Land!

I would definitely say I'm an all-around guest... with an emphasis on attractions and theming. I've never gotten too excited about the characters, but I do enjoy seeing the joy they bring to other guests. I don't really even think about parades and firework shows, but if I catch a show in-between rides, I always enjoy it. Oh, and I always look forward to the food and people watching too.

• A Little Rabid

I'm an Entertainment and Theme guest. With a heavy dose of people watching.
    I lurk.

Without a doubt I would be an all around guest. I love the rides, seeing all the details in the themes always amaze me, I have an autograph book that I am working on (even at my age) so it's always neat to see the characters and I even like a few of the entertainment options.. fireworks, fire house band.. things like that.

• Bring back the Keelboats!

All-Around Guest. We try to do everything, but parades are low on the totem pole in importance. We love some of the shows, most of the rides, what's new and different - so, all-around.

Nice poll!

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

• Shifting cargo

I'm kind of scattered when I first enter the park because I want to do everything, but I'm not so much willing to wait in long lines. I skip over those rides and find the next ride with a shorter line and I end up circling the park quite a bit. I also tend to go back and fourth between the two park between 3-5 times a day. I fast walk too, so it's a great calorie burner

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

• Please pull the yellowtab

I used to live in the Bay Area so my trips to DLR were rare and a large expense for me as a college student. I mainly came to revisit my favorite attractions and see the shows. Every trip then was a marathon and my feet hated me by the end of the day. But now that I've become an AP holder I like to balance out my visits and take the time to try out little things like the old arcade games on Mainstreet.

I do believe in fairies. I do. I do.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast