Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the worst

the worst

we all know that d-land brings out the absolute worst in some people. share your stories in this thread of some "very special" people you have encountered in the park.

Re: the worst

Being a former cast member, I probably saw more of the worst in people than you can shake a stick at.

I've mentioned this story before but it bears repeating....

I actually fielded a complaint from a guest because there were so many mentally challenged people in the park. During slower seasons, Disneyland would hold "Happy Hearts" days on weekdays. Happy Hearts days would invite very large groups of mentally challenged adults and children. It was actually quite neat to see these people having such a good time.

A woman told me that "those tards" were scaring her kids and how dare Disneyland not warn families who paid good money that they'd have to be surrounded by these people.

Yes, Happy Hearts days could be a challenge when loading guests onto rides and yes, slow guests can break down an attraction (I was on Space Mountain). But for a woman to actually complain that her kids had to SEE a person who is special made me sick to my stomach.

I'm still surprised I held it together during that encounter.

• ...lurks...

Quote Originally Posted by FormerDiz
    Being a former cast member, I probably saw more of the worst in people than you can shake a stick at.

I've mentioned this story before but it bears repeating....

I actually fielded a complaint from a guest because there were so many mentally challenged people in the park. During slower seasons, Disneyland would hold "Happy Hearts" days on weekdays. Happy Hearts days would invite very large groups of mentally challenged adults and children. It was actually quite neat to see these people having such a good time.

A woman told me that "those tards" were scaring her kids and how dare Disneyland not warn families who paid good money that they'd have to be surrounded by these people.

Yes, Happy Hearts days could be a challenge when loading guests onto rides and yes, slow guests can break down an attraction (I was on Space Mountain). But for a woman to actually complain that her kids had to SEE a person who is special made me sick to my stomach.

I'm still surprised I held it together during that encounter.

What the $%!? who in their right mind would have the ignorance to even let a thought like that blurt out? I just hope one of her kids never gets into an accident and becomes mentally or physically challanged...

I admire people who have physical and mental challanges- especially those who enjoy each and every day. I used to work not too far from a place who helped mentally and physically challanged people train for jobs. I became friends with a man who was a genius (mentally) but his body was just a wreck- nervous system gave out on him, almost blind and 100% deaf, he lived on my route home, so I drove him home daily. Quite the man...he's since retired and moved out of state, I miss his wit and charm. Keep in mind, he had a PhD. Hmphf.."those tards" she says. (He used to go to Happy Hearts every single year to help out in sign language translations for his group).
    Last edited by shadow; 10-26-2005 at 01:08 PM.

• Lost Princess and Bat 861

This year at Bats Day in the Park, a cute young girl (4 or 5?) politely asked a woman dressed all in black if she was with the others who were all dressed up. The woman apparently was not. She came unglued and started yelling at this little girl about how she wasn't a freak. It was really sad.

The same night we were on POTC and this group of teens kept trying to climb off the boat. When the CM's loudspeakered them to stop, they spent the rest of the ride cussing and sticking their hands in the water "to show them". I have to admit I was thinking it would be poetic justice if one of their hands got squished cause they were showing off. I guess that's only human.

• ...lurks...

Quote Originally Posted by bejeweledcat
    This year at Bats Day in the Park, a cute young girl (4 or 5?) politely asked a woman dressed all in black if she was with the others who were all dressed up. The woman apparently was not. She came unglued and started yelling at this little girl about how she wasn't a freak. It was really sad.

The same night we were on POTC and this group of teens kept trying to climb off the boat. When the CM's loudspeakered them to stop, they spent the rest of the ride cussing and sticking their hands in the water "to show them". I have to admit I was thinking it would be poetic justice if one of their hands got squished cause they were showing off. I guess that's only human.

If you knew what was in that water, you'd think it was hilarious that they had their hands in there to 'show them'...

• Photographer/Disney Lover

Quote Originally Posted by shadow
    If you knew what was in that water, you'd think it was hilarious that they had their hands in there to 'show them'...
    ahahah true... even tho they filter it all....

moving on.

I was on Splash at about 8:15 in the morning, just go in the park, and my buddy and I are just talking, then the 3 teens (12-14 age range) start yelling at the charictors. While they thought it was funny, it wasnt, and we just rolled our eyes at them.

I didnt really think anything of it execpt we began to reach the lift hill for the drop. The kid in the front began to literally freak out. The friends began to try to reassure him that everything would be okay, and we began our accent. Literally within seconds of us dropping, he bails out the right and side of the log! he lands on the catwalk and runs down the stairs.

Yeah, thats a good move buddy.
    "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." ~ Walt Disney

• ...lurks...

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy54
    ahahah true... even tho they filter it all....

moving on.

I was on Splash at about 8:15 in the morning, just go in the park, and my buddy and I are just talking, then the 3 teens (12-14 age range) start yelling at the charictors. While they thought it was funny, it wasnt, and we just rolled our eyes at them.

I didnt really think anything of it execpt we began to reach the lift hill for the drop. The kid in the front began to literally freak out. The friends began to try to reassure him that everything would be okay, and we began our accent. Literally within seconds of us dropping, he bails out the right and side of the log! he lands on the catwalk and runs down the stairs.

Yeah, thats a good move buddy.

All talk and no 'show' huh?

• Drunken Disneyland Master

Man, that exact same thing happened to me a couple of years ago. This 12 year old kid jumps out of his log on the accent of Splash and started crying. I asked him as our log passed, "Hey kid, what are you doing?" And he replied, "I just couldn't take it no more!" Then two DL security guys in suits came out of a secret door behind the rabbits and literally disapeared. Ahh man, that's a great story.

Also, I was at DL on a "Happy Hearts" day, and I think it's great. The only problem I really had was it was in the queue for Space Mt. They were so excited to ride at the beginning, cheering and all; but when they came out of the "speed tunnel" at the end, they were all freaking out like they didn't know what was going on. I thought that was kinda cruel.

• Sock Puppet

I have to say the most idiotic behavior I witnesses, on more than one ocassion, was when I worked at the Plaza Inn Restaurant. I was going through my normal routine (bussing lead) when I spotted this black guy, who looked like a homeless guy (dressed pretty bad in dirty clothes with holes). He was wondering from table to table, sitting down and actually eating all the leftover food when families left the tables. I could not believe my eyes, so I asked several of my cast members to witness this as well. It was down right disgusting. I ended up calling security and they eventually came over and confronted him. He initially said he paid for the food and when asked to show a receipt, he could not produce one of course. So, they took him backstage to question him further. Don't know what happened to him.

I saw this again about 2 weeks later, when another guy (white blonde and very dirty looking too) came in and was doing the same thing. I kept an eye on him, after calling security. He finally caught wind of me watching him and he grew suspicious and started to walk away, gaining more speed. A security officer finally arrived and I pointed him out and the officer went after him. Again, don't know what happened to that person. It is amazing to me how these people can get in to the park and then behave in such a aninalistic fashion.

• Reaver of Souls

Come on, show some heart. I mean, have you seen the price of food at the park?!?
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

• Sock Puppet

LOL. I guess you are right Reaver, I never thought about that. They could have been from a huge family that just poured their life savings into the main gate, with no $$ left to eat. What was I thinking. From what I heard too, prices are going up again in foods. Maybe they should just have a "help yourself" scrap pile behind the Red Wagon. What do you think?

Left the church, but not the parishioners.

Quote Originally Posted by TENORDRUMMER
    They could have been from a huge family that just poured their life savings into the main gate, with no $$ left to eat.
    Actually, they could have had an AP, and had recently become homeless due to losing a job or whatever. Something like that is possible, considering a lot of people live paycheck-to-paycheck nowadays. Things could have been going well for them, and they had an AP, etc., and then BAM! - they're homeless. It happens to people all the time around the country.

• ...lurks...

Quote Originally Posted by Reaver
    Come on, show some heart. I mean, have you seen the price of food at the park?!?

agreed!!

• Guardian Construct

I was at the park last month and some lady stood up on splash mountain! I was mad becuse she was in the same log as us. My seven year old started to cry becuse she did not want to see her fall out. we passed several cameras and the employees said nothing about it. When we got to the end to get out i was told i should not have forced my kid on the ride. that happens to be the ride she loves the most! Once i explaned why she was upset the CM asked me why i did not stop her from standing up. it was a bad day in the park all around two hours later we had to get help from a CM becuse a dad punched his kid in the face. She looked about five and flew back flopping like a rag doll.
    We went home early that day! All our other trips were awsome so we keep going back for more.

• ...lurks...

Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan
    ... a dad punched his kid in the face. She looked about five and flew back flopping like a rag doll...

Man, I hope this guy was taken away by the Anaheim PD, then his kid taken away and placed into a safe place...what a piece of work that guy must be to PUNCH his 5 year old kid in the face!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast