Smile Some Advice Please?

Hey fellow micechatters on november 30th i'll be going to dlr for the first time ever during the holidays so I was wondering if anyone has any advise on what not to miss whether this is a good time to go what the crowds will be like what the weather will be like should i bring a coat or a jacket I live in utah and i've never been to california in the winter before any advice would be GREATLY appreciated I'll be there november 30th through december 3rd oh yeah I almost forgot December 3rd is my birthday anything I need to know there. Thanks again micechatters!

LONG LIVE THE MOUSE

• Again! Again! Again!

Re: Some Advice Please?

Candlelight Procession is on the 3rd and it tends to get pretty crowded on that day. The crowds have been pretty big since the 50th birthday. As for weather, who knows. Just wait and check the week you leave and you'll know. It's going to be quite warm compared to any winter in Utah! You'll want to see the Fireworks. Friday will be better since the CP is Sat night. Then hit the second Fantasmic! show..I think it's 10:30. I would just try and do as much as possible when you're there since it's your first time!
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• Rock Star Minion

Hey there it's a good time to go before the major crowds later in December don't miss anything the crowds will light until Friday night and Saturday will be worse but still not so bad bring a coat or jacket you don't have to wear it but you can't wear it if you don't bring it in that case you'll be buying an expensive sweatshirt or jacket at DL check the weather for Anaheim right before you go Utah really that's nice California in winter is not very predictable so bring layered clothes and decide each day how much to wear you can get a button that says it's your birthday and lots of cast members will tell you to have a happy birthday except for the Mad Hatter who prefers unbirthdays of course.
    You're welcome!

And please, the period key, as well as other punctuation marks, should exist on your keyboard. This isn't a chat session, where your comments will vanish when you're done. They'll be here forever!
    Last edited by sediment; 10-26-2005 at 02:34 PM.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Photographer/Disney Lover

Jeremy's List of Things to do at DLR During the Holiday Time
    -------------------------------------------------
    1. Hounted M. Holid may
    2. IASW holiday
    3. Buy a Hot Chocolate, walk and look at main street
    4. Watch the fireworks, and try to eat the "snow"
    5. Fantasmic. without a doubt.
    6. walk around and take in the resort at its best. its really shines.

thats it for now, I will add more if I can think of any.
    "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." ~ Walt Disney

• Random Thinking

Smile Re: Some Advice Please?

Hi! You will love Disneyland at this time of year...the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas is one of the best...crowds tend to be low (although so far this fall has been busier than usual), and the whole park is decked out to the nines.

I do suggest that you bring a jacket or a coat...as it does get cool, especially in the evenings. (50's - 60's) and it couldn't hurt to bring an umbrella just in case. I usually bring a hat too, and sometimes gloves, if I am going for the evening, but I will also admit that I'm a Southern California girl through and through, so I get cold if it is below 70! (o:

As far as don't misses:
    1) Haunted Masion Holiday, A unique and truly fun experience, even if you are not a Nightmare Before Christmas fan

2) its a small world Holiday, again, another ride overlay that shouldn't be missed, even if you normally skip this attraction.

3) Take the time to just walk through the park and look at the decorations...there are many places where the details are just spectacular...listen to the carolers...

4) The Christmas Fantasy Parade

5) The fireworks...regardless of the version they decide to show, I think they will all end with their "snowing" effect...I guarentee its the warmest snow flurry you'll ever have the pleasure of experiencing, and (OK, I'm a sentimental sap) its neat to see peoples, especially kids, faces when the snow comes down, becasue some of them have never seen it before. Oh, and if you are in the middle of mainstreet when it happens, you end up feeling like you are caught in a snow globe.

6) Go to the bakery and get yourself a treat...hot apple cider, a gingerbread cookie...whatever...

7) On your birthday if you want the extra attention, go to City Hall and get a birthday sticker. Cast members will see it and wish you a Happy birthday!

As far as DCA goes, I am not sure what Christmas stuff they will be offering, but I'm sure you'll get more advice on that.

OH! And go to the lobby of the Grand Californian...the tree is beautiful!!!

I hope this is a good start for you...and I hope that you have awonderful trip and a very happy birthday while you're here!

6)
    525,600 minutes...how do you measure, measure a year?

Talking Re: Some Advice Please?

Thanks guys for all the great advice. Please keep it coming! look punctuation

• Lost Princess and Bat 861

You will have so much fun. It's a wonderful time to visit!

Bring a camera and plenty of film or memory. Photo opportunities abound, especially with all the decorations. Some of my all time fave photos are in front of the christmas tree on Main Street and at It's a Small World. If you have access to a vehicle, there is a Walmart nearby for film. Anywhere that has a Sony PictureMaker (Kinko's has them) can transfer your photos from memory card to a CD.

Eat in the park at one of the restaurants. We like the French Market or the Plaza Inn. It's worth it. You're going to spend just as much money at a restaurant outside the park with less atmosphere. It's only expensive if you spend all day eating at the carts. (That said I'm a sucker for Dole Whip )

I'm warm natured and never need a jacket during the day, but it can get get chilly at night. If you're not close to your room, bring your stuff and put in a locker. For $10 and under, you can bring your stuff, access it as often as you need to and not have to carry it!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Visit Haunted Mansion Holiday even if you are not a Nightmare Before Christmas fan. The ride is truely unique and fits in with the holiday season.

• A Pirate's life for me!

If you have kids, don't forget to let them make cookies in the Firehouse!

Always a good time.

Thanks again. I was wondering do they have a Santa anywere and are the characters dressed diffrently for christmas

• Photographer/Disney Lover

Quote Originally Posted by bonofiededge
    Thanks again. I was wondering do they have a Santa anywere and are the characters dressed diffrently for christmas

Santa does appear at DCA. He is in Sunshine Plasa by the fountain.

And yes, depends on the charictor, but yeah, most dress up for the season.
    "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." ~ Walt Disney

• Just Me

Don't forget about the Santa thingy over on the Trail behind Thunder. Wear layers, the weather can be hard to predict. One year it will be warm enough to go swimming and the next we are all wearing sweatshirts. It will be crowded, so don't stress. You will be there long enough to be able to take your time. Try to get to Toon Town to take a picture with Santa Goofy in the Town square.

You didn't mention where you would be staying...

I'll be staying at the best western across the street