Thread: Disney Music...

Disney Music...

Oooooh my second post! I'm going to Disneyland next month (yay!) and remember from a previous visit (2006) that I LOVED LOVED LOVED the music from Space Mountain. 1. Can anyone tell me if it's the same now?and 2. Is this music available for purchase, say on a CD or something at a gift store? It just sticks in my head how much I really liked it! Thanks for any help!!

• ohai

Re: Disney Music...

Yes it is the same, I was able to get a copy of popular ride audio on CD in the Trader Sam shop. Only $15!!!

• =)

That amazing track is indeed still in place. It was written by film/television/video game composer Michael Giacchino (who's also done Up, The Incredibles, Lost, and Star Trek, among others) and as DisneyRicky said, it IS available on CD, fortunately. I recommend the 2008 park soundtrack - it contains the complete track, unlike some earlier releases, as well as two discs full of other fantastic DLR music. As long as you can get past the nauseatingly cutesy packaging, that is.

• Confirmed Disney Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    That amazing track is indeed still in place. It was written by film/television/video game composer Michael Giacchino (who's also done Up, The Incredibles, Lost, and Star Trek, among others) and as DisneyRicky said, it IS available on CD, fortunately. I recommend the 2008 park soundtrack - it contains the complete track, unlike some earlier releases, as well as two discs full of other fantastic DLR music. As long as you can get past the nauseatingly cutesy packaging, that is.
    FABULOUS CD!!!! I listen to it on my way to the park to get into the mood. Really complete tracks of some of the best rides. Love the fireworks track too, always puts a huge smile on my face.

• Pirate

I like the Dick Dale Space music better!!!! Wish it didn't go away I still ride it some times with my Iphone with headphones so I can relive the glory days!!!

Smile Re: Disney Music...

THANK YOU ALL for your help----I knew I'd love this board Ok, so this wonderful CD is available for purchase at the park, correct? Ha ha, I've wanted to hear this music and own it ever since July of 2006 when I was last at Disneyland! Again, many thanks, I look forward to digging in deeper with more posts, this place is a wealth of info!!!!

• =)

I can't say for sure whether it's still available in the park, but I'd imagine it is. I bought it in late October, I believe. You can also try calling DelivEARS, which basically sells anything they sell in the park, except you order by phone and Disney ships it to your house or wherever. The number is 1-800-362-4533...I've ordered a few things from them, and it went very well. Just for reference, this is the set - I'm not suggesting you purchase from that site, but I thought it'd be useful to know what you're looking for.