Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Only the Lonely

Blog Entries

Any one remember "Magic Journeys" ?

My brother was asking me If I remember Magic Journeys...for those who don't know I believe it was a 3-D movie(?) (my brother says it was 3D) shown where HISTA and Captin EO is played...

Anyone have any memories of it...for the life of me I don't remember the movie at ALL
    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

• Banned User

Re: Any one remember "Magic Journeys" ?

I remember magic journeys, the song particularly sticks in my head like an icepick sometimes. Although I remember watching it in Epcot and don't remember it ever being at the Magic Eye theatre.

It was played in the outdoor theater that was there before the Magic Eye was built for Captain EO. It was a movie that followed some kids around as they did "3D thinngs". That song can permanently get melded to your brain for sure. i have it from one of the Disneyland music cds that came out in the late 80's. i would think it pretty neat to be able to check it out again for the nostalgia.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Fondly.

It was a pretty cheap 3D effects movie. But it had great Disney-style music.

It went away for a good reason . . . not much repeat value and very little story. But it showed off 3D technology well for that time period and was fun while it lasted.

I just remember how much I loved it when the kids blew on the dandelions and the seeds floated into the audience.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

hmm... Never heard of it ... Did miss anything good?

• Banned User

Martins Videos has a tribute video "Imagination 82 – The Original Imageworks" on his site that shows the first 12 minutes of Magic Journeys if any of you feel in the nostalgic mood.

Unfortunately.......
    The Mur

Never saw it personally, but have listened to the music since the early 90s. Very beautiful and haunting indeed. Finally found it on YouTube though... nothing like I imagined it to be.

• Addicted to Disney

The reason you might not remember it at DL is probably because it was there for less than a year as a placeholder for EO. Captain EO wasn't done shooting yet but they had the theatre ready so they put it at DL as a placeholder.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

One of the few attractions, perhaps the only one, that I can think of that switched between WDW parks. It began at EPCOT and moved to the Magic Kingdom when Captain EO appeared.

I was never a fan of it, but I do have the song from the WDW albums...classic Sherman Brothers 80s EPCOT.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

I love that piece of Sherman Brother's music, I think it should played somewhere in TL. Another piece of Sherman Brother's Music that played before Magic Journeys is called "Making Memories", that piece I also think should be played somewhere in ether Main St. or BV St.

Timekeeper

• show'em yer larboard side

Quote Originally Posted by Timekeeper View Post
    Another piece of Sherman Brother's Music that played before Magic Journeys is called "Making Memories", that piece I also think should be played somewhere in ether Main St. or BV St.
    Is that the same "Makin' Memories" from Sing-a-Long Songs Disneyland Fun? If so, I always loved that song and would love for it to be played somewhere in the park. It really captures the essence of Disneyland for me.

"Great vacations and celebrations can fade away in a year but when we're making memories happy days are always here!"

"No fear have ye of evil curses, says you? Properly warned ye be, says I. Who knows when that evil curse will strike the greedy beholders of this bewitched treasure?"

DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES

"Perhaps ye knows too much. Ye've seen the cursed treasure, ye know where it be hidden. Now, proceed at yer own risk. These be the last friendly words ye'll hear. Ye may not survive to pass this way again."

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by DLmeg33 View Post
    Is that the same "Makin' Memories" from Sing-a-Long Songs Disneyland Fun? If so, I always loved that song and would love for it to be played somewhere in the park. It really captures the essence of Disneyland for me.

"Great vacations and celebrations can fade away in a year but when we're making memories happy days are always here!"
    Yep. That would be it.

I seem to remember that Magic Journeys was shown when the Tomorrowland Stage was still an outdoor stage. Or it was in the transition of becoming a closed theatre. I remember there being temporary walls and a roof instead of the permanent structure that there is now. Maybe my mind is playing tricks though.

I do definitely remember when it was an outdoor theatre and watching Tommy Tutone perform the hit of the day, "867-5309".

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

I wasn't a fan of it either, but I do agree it did show off the 3D technology, for the time.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DLmeg33 View Post

Both were available on the Happiest Celebration on Earth WDW CD. Great retro songs...I wish they would bring it back at least to the entrance medley of EPCOT.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast