• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

HPB "Beautification Project" Progress

Hey everyone, just came back from the resort, here is what I saw going on in this particular area:

The Who Wants to be a Millionare Signage has finally been taken down from the year and a half abandoned building. It seems as if the Chronicles of Narnia movie set may take place there soon opening up with Monsters Inc and the newly rennovated piece of land.

It was noted last week that the MuppetVision signage was taken out as well in order to make a more attractive attention getting sign which leaves me to wonder if they are planning to rename it MuppetVision 4D like they did a couple of years back at Disney-MGM Studios.

Still no sign on whether Disney Animation will get a more attractive entrance. Right now, it seems to me that they will not go through with it since theres only three months left till the project is planned to be complete. What they should do is change the attraction title logos that spin in the front of the entrance seeing as three of the four attractions have been changed.

Hopes of just opening up the Hollywood and Dine back up after it's four year hiatus are pretty much dead. They are not planning on tearing it down, neither are they planning on replacing it with a different eatery. They are simply going to hide it in back of some newly installed palm trees so that no one will see it. Now there are no major eateries in HPB, 1st t go: ABC Soap Opera Bistro, 2nd: Hollywood and Dine. What's next, Award Wieners?

There hasn't been any sign of retheming the Rizzo Pawn Shop but I believe that will be worked on soon since it is not a very big hassle to work on. It seems as though there is a fountain being built across from the Monsters Inc. attraction. No word on if the Hollywood Backlot Stage show will come back, my advice is to just tear that piece of land down.

I tried asking the cast members on which day will mark the grand opening of the brand new Monsters Inc. attraction but all they know is that it will open in January.

Other trip notes: Dinosaur Jack's sunglass shack is out of rehab and is no longer that painted shaded pink, it is now light green. Grizzly River Run was drained today (10/26) I'm thinking it will reopen tomorrow but who knows.

okay, thanks for reading, I hope 2006 marks a better Year for DCA with the addition of Monsters Inc and whatever else we are in store for, till another time, later everyone.
    Last edited by DL_CRAZE; 10-26-2005 at 03:44 PM.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• Where's Push?

Re: HPB "Beautification Project" Progress

I hope D.U.H. comes back when it reopens. I really miss that show.
    Take Care,

Brenda

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

The Narnia event at DCA has been cancelled.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    Why? Are they afraid that it might actually be good?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    Yeah, I heard about that too, didn't they decide do it in WDW?