Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Doing it with a flair

Quote Originally Posted by MiceMan
    You know, That Ride is definitely safer now than it was before the first accident ... and the second ....... and the third .............
    I feel very safe despite the accidents
    Eglantine, Eglantine, oh how you shine!
    I don't believe in giving animals ridiculous names. I call him Cosmic Creepers...
    ...and if you've got no other choice, you know you can follow my voice...

• That's Hawt

I do too, I just think that it was funny that, on a ride that had had no major accidents (besides the kid losing his foot) that there were three accidents in a year.
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MiceMan
    I do too, I just think that it was funny that, on a ride that had had no major accidents (besides the kid losing his foot) that there were three accidents in a year.
    Just new computer problems. They have the bugs worked out now.

Quote Originally Posted by dshimel
    Sort-of.. not really.

When the fatality occured, the ride was shut down for months and the operators transferred to work on other attractions. When BTMRR came back into operation, rather than bringing back the operators that were no experienced on other attractions, NEW operators were brought in.

The inexperience of the new operators is what caused the additional incidents. MINOR to say the least. One when operating in a manual override mode that is NEVER done when guests present, and the other resulting in a 5 MPH "bump" of trains that could not possibly cuase major injury.

Sort of related to the initial accident, but not even close to the same type of incident.
    I realize now that what I said earlier was a little ambiguous. But I was refering to the fact the the first accident was due to a mechanical error while the others were not due to the same error. But you are very correct on every point you brought up.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeralineDragon
    If not for the first accident, we probably never would have heard of the second and third accidents. The media just couldn't resist the "OMG Another BTRR Accident!" headlines.
    /agree

Quote Originally Posted by Emelius_Browne
    I love the death train! Ask Stitch in Innoventions about it.

Us-We are going on Big Thunder next.
    Stitch-Is that the ride where everyone goes, "Oh my god I hope I don't die AAAAH!"?
    That is absolutely hillarious... hehe

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DemonicDemona
    I wouldnt trust that thing LOL Im never riding it again
    Personally, I like the rides with checkered past's the best. Brings up the "thrill" level knowing you really CAN die on it

Remember way way back when a bobsled ride decapitated a car full of people at 6 Flags MM? I found that same ride in Texas! They shipped it over there since nobody would ride it here. Part of there "ride share" program. I waited for 3 hours to ride it. The line was no more then 15 mins, but some kid it the big shiny red button before I boarded. Foobared the ride real good!!! But I waited, and waited, and waited. Ya. Im sick.

i'm going to Disneyland in June and i'll ride on BMTRR on the last carriage to make sure i'll not die .

• Kirbyshowcase.com

Quote Originally Posted by DLRP_bopazot
    i'm going to Disneyland in June and i'll ride on BMTRR on the last carriage to make sure i'll not die .
    Good choice, I mean why would you even want to sit in the front? BORING!
    (insert funny comment here)

Quote Originally Posted by dshimel
    Sort-of.. not really.

When the fatality occured, the ride was shut down for months and the operators transferred to work on other attractions. When BTMRR came back into operation, rather than bringing back the operators that were no experienced on other attractions, NEW operators were brought in.

The inexperience of the new operators is what caused the additional incidents. MINOR to say the least. One when operating in a manual override mode that is NEVER done when guests present, and the other resulting in a 5 MPH "bump" of trains that could not possibly cuase major injury.

Sort of related to the initial accident, but not even close to the same type of incident.
    Thats totally not true when the ride reopened of march last year the first people working on it were the old crew. not the entire crew but a good portion. after the accident is when land locking went into effect so they lost a good portion of the crew to critter country. some weren't allowed back due to "safetys" on other attractions and some decided not to come back due to the stress they encountered due to the accident. the first cast members that were new to the attraction came in april and were hand picked by management, leads and trainers on the attraction based on performance and a little on personality. only the best were allowed.
    the second accident was during a testing night with no guests even in the park. the computer gave the clear to open the next section of track even though the last train had not entered the station and been cleared. the third was a weird computer freak due to a cast member changing station modes at the wrong time.
    additionally the trainers at thunder have been called the best in the park since reopening last year. and currently the ride is the only one in both parks with multiple 100% mystery guest scores. that is all

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12